Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/14, 03:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Update:

I emptied my bobs today after about 500 miles of driving. Maybe 20 of that was "spirited". This is how much I got out. I'm saving all the bags and labeling. I'd say this is about 2 tablespoons or so? What you think?

I can't believe all this time, pre separator, I was letting all that gunk back in my manifold . Ugh.
Burton, I picked up one of these at the local drug store to measure my separator oil:
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-1-_57.jpg  
Old 7/27/14, 08:26 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by silverstate777
Burton, I picked up one of these at the local drug store to measure my separator oil:
John that's a good idea. I'll try to get one. I can't believe how much crap that separator catches. Awesome.

Update: my fogs won't leave till tomorrow allegedly now

I'm not happy about waiting 5 weeks with little to no contact
Old 7/27/14, 08:46 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John that's a good idea. I'll try to get one. I can't believe how much crap that separator catches. Awesome.

Are these the lights that you ordered from HIDGUY? If so I am not surprised with the poor service.

Sorry to hear that.
Old 7/27/14, 08:52 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MJJ
Are these the lights that you ordered from HIDGUY? If so I am not surprised with the poor service. Sorry to hear that.
That is correct Sean . I hope the quality is far better than the customer service
Old 7/28/14, 05:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Heard nothing but bad stuff about HIDGUY ... I think he was booted off eBay at one point ...

Hope you get your stuff soon and it works as expected ...
Old 7/28/14, 05:41 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
Heard nothing but bad stuff about HIDGUY ... I think he was booted off eBay at one point ... Hope you get your stuff soon and it works as expected ...
Yeah that's what my fear is

If it doesn't work out, I'll cancel my order or return, and chalk it up as a lesson learned

It's a shame that some of these companies treat you like you're "one of a million" other customers...if you know what I mean.

Speaking of which, gabe did you resolve your issue with LMR shipping?
Old 7/28/14, 06:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah that's what my fear is

If it doesn't work out, I'll cancel my order or return, and chalk it up as a lesson learned

It's a shame that some of these companies treat you like you're "one of a million" other customers...if you know what I mean.

Speaking of which, gabe did you resolve your issue with LMR shipping?
They're blaming UPS and sending me out another Roush grille kit.

Not even using the 65mm TB right now, since JDM doesn't tune for the VMP booster, they don't recommend it, and won't send me a tune without me signing off that I won't hold them liable if something bad happens.

Kept the TB, gonna be going on the GF's GT500 to try to get her closer to 600 rwhp

VMP wants to charge me 15% restocking fee on a part I didn't even open, still wrapped in the shrink wrap they sent it in (I know, real expensive packaging) ... I refuse to pay $45 to have somebody take it out of the box and put it on the shelf. It's freakin highway robbery

WTF is going on with these vendors around here lately, I don't know, but it's making me want to deal with Jeg's and/or Summit Racing a lot more
Old 7/28/14, 08:14 AM
I Have No Life

They're blaming UPS and sending me out another Roush grille kit.

Not even using the 65mm TB right now, since JDM doesn't tune for the VMP booster, they don't recommend it, and won't send me a tune without me signing off that I won't hold them liable if something bad happens.

Kept the TB, gonna be going on the GF's GT500 to try to get her closer to 600 rwhp

VMP wants to charge me 15% restocking fee on a part I didn't even open, still wrapped in the shrink wrap they sent it in (I know, real expensive packaging) ... I refuse to pay $45 to have somebody take it out of the box and put it on the shelf. It's freakin highway robbery

WTF is going on with these vendors around here lately, I don't know, but it's making me want to deal with Jeg's and/or Summit Racing a lot more
Gabe... to be honest, that's why I really am impressed with JDM. They are pretty open about all they do, and they are "conservative" in the sense that they won't condone mods and upgrades that don't make sense or ultimately increase the risk of damaging your car. Case in point, the fuel pump BAP, I also asked them about. They also didn't recommend it to me. "...pump wasn't designed for that...". That's why they capped my tune to about 90-95% of potential, because they don't want to stress the fuel pump. Once I get my dyno #'s and AFR, they will revise. They also said, on stock internals, in terms of engine/drivetrain health and longevity, they don't recommend anything more than 575whp. So I'm happy with that.

I had a comment/question for you regarding the "signing a waiver" that you said JDM wanted you to sign. I'm surprised they even OFFERED you that. Meaning, I thought ANY tune from ANY tuner they are never liable for what happens to your car? It's a risk we, the consumer, take, right? In other words, even though my mods are all in line with what JDM considers to be "ideal", if my engine blows up tomorrow, JDM isn't liable. I thought that was always the case? Are you saying it's not? It'd be interesting if not.

As for Vendors being "bad" lately... I'm with ya. I don't know what it is. Case of internet boom, and so many customers and so little time? Catch 22. They keep doing that, and they will LOSE customers. LOL. So what item is it with VMP? The TB? Yeah seems like VMP hasn't gotten a good rep for service lately. Great tuner, yes. Service... eh....

I hope my HIDguy is not batting 0-2, since service is already sub par. 5 weeks for a pair of fog lights....
Old 7/28/14, 11:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Gabe... to be honest, that's why I really am impressed with JDM. They are pretty open about all they do, and they are "conservative" in the sense that they won't condone mods and upgrades that don't make sense or ultimately increase the risk of damaging your car. Case in point, the fuel pump BAP, I also asked them about. They also didn't recommend it to me. "...pump wasn't designed for that...". That's why they capped my tune to about 90-95% of potential, because they don't want to stress the fuel pump. Once I get my dyno #'s and AFR, they will revise. They also said, on stock internals, in terms of engine/drivetrain health and longevity, they don't recommend anything more than 575whp. So I'm happy with that.

I had a comment/question for you regarding the "signing a waiver" that you said JDM wanted you to sign. I'm surprised they even OFFERED you that. Meaning, I thought ANY tune from ANY tuner they are never liable for what happens to your car? It's a risk we, the consumer, take, right? In other words, even though my mods are all in line with what JDM considers to be "ideal", if my engine blows up tomorrow, JDM isn't liable. I thought that was always the case? Are you saying it's not? It'd be interesting if not.

As for Vendors being "bad" lately... I'm with ya. I don't know what it is. Case of internet boom, and so many customers and so little time? Catch 22. They keep doing that, and they will LOSE customers. LOL. So what item is it with VMP? The TB? Yeah seems like VMP hasn't gotten a good rep for service lately. Great tuner, yes. Service... eh....

I hope my HIDguy is not batting 0-2, since service is already sub par. 5 weeks for a pair of fog lights....
I'm good with JDM, still love those guys and Nick, they've all been great.

VMP, I spoke with somebody there that OK'd my returning the bap without a restocking fee.
We had an interesting conversation though, and it will lead me to buy a new heat exchanger very soon ...
Also, I'm apparently using huge injectors (the ID1000's, 96 lb'ers), no kidding ... I went with them on a local tuner's recommendation, and he couldn't even tune the car, had to go to JDM.
VMP has different ideas, they'd be selling me their 47-lb'ers and I'd still be making 600 to the tires, or more.

But whatever. I need to address the heat concern ... the Roush lower open grille will help, but I need more than that, especially if I'm gonna continue to autocross this thing
Old 7/28/14, 12:26 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Hey Burton,

Not trying to hijack this thread. just wanted to comment on a previous thread.

oe... I considered Moroso too, but decided to go against it (and got Bob's instead) because of:

1) the inlet and exit to the Moroso can is on the same plane/level. I liked Bob's because the inlet was on the bottom, forcing the mixture upward, increasing the chance to trap the heavier oil substances down.
2) the Moros had an unfinished mounting bracket that I didn't care for. I liked the finished Bob's piece. And it matches the can itself.
3) the price. Wasn't the Moroso almost double the price? I forget.

I'm sure functionally, the Moroso is almost if not as good as Bob's. So you can't go wrong. Your call.

Thanks - As always I do appreciate your feedback as well as everyone else's.

I did find the morose catch can for around $150 but, with that said. I'm looking for functionality and not esthetics or cheaper price point. I'll definitely look at bob's unit!
I'm good with JDM, still love those guys and Nick, they've all been great.

VMP, I spoke with somebody there that OK'd my returning the bap without a restocking fee.
We had an interesting conversation though, and it will lead me to buy a new heat exchanger very soon ...
Also, I'm apparently using huge injectors (the ID1000's, 96 lb'ers), no kidding ... I went with them on a local tuner's recommendation, and he couldn't even tune the car, had to go to JDM.
VMP has different ideas, they'd be selling me their 47-lb'ers and I'd still be making 600 to the tires, or more.

But whatever. I need to address the heat concern ... the Roush lower open grille will help, but I need more than that, especially if I'm gonna continue to autocross this thing
I'm glad they will refund you without restocking. Sucks that you'll still have to pay shipping though.

I just got off the phone with Nick. Great guy too. We talked through my next revision (Tune 4) that will be coming. It should address long term fuel trims, cold start fine tuning, and of course, possibly any more "power under the curve" available once they see the AFR's and HP/TQ from my dyno this week.

I'm eager!
Old 7/28/14, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
and it will lead me to buy a new heat exchanger very soon ...
You can't go wrong with the VMP HE. Once you compare it to the stock HE you'll see what I mean! Here's mine

Old 7/28/14, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GT50GO
You can't go wrong with the VMP HE. Once you compare it to the stock HE you'll see what I mean! Here's mine

Looks good, what's involved in installing it?

Old 7/28/14, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good, what's involved in installing it?
It's pretty straight forward, no cutting on the 2013 - 2014 but according to there website there is some trimming on earlier models (see below statement from there website). You do have to relocate the pump from it's stock position (At least with the Roush) but it comes with brackets to do this and all the hoses you need.
Now there selling the triple pass HE w/11" fans. When I got mine the best was dual pass w/10" fans. Oh well I guess everyone comes out with new & improved products.

11-12 5.0L require trimming of the lower bumper valance to make room for this huge heat exchanger. Spacers are included to mount the HE farther back towards the AC condenser to reduce the amount of trimming required.
13-14 5.0L the VMP HE is a direct drop in due to this bumper being much like a GT500
13-14 GT500 the VMP HE is a direct drop in on regular and track-pak cars

Last edited by GT50GO; 7/28/14 at 07:28 PM.
Old 7/28/14, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

It's pretty straight forward, no cutting on the 2013 - 2014 but according to there website there is some trimming on earlier models (see below statement from there website). You do have to relocate the pump from it's stock position (At least with the Roush) but it comes with brackets to do this and all the hoses you need.
Now there selling the triple pass HE w/11" fans. When I got mine the best was dual pass w/10" fans. Oh well I guess everyone comes out with new & improved products.

11-12 5.0L require trimming of the lower bumper valance to make room for this huge heat exchanger. Spacers are included to mount the HE farther back towards the AC condenser to reduce the amount of trimming required.
13-14 5.0L the VMP HE is a direct drop in due to this bumper being much like a GT500
13-14 GT500 the VMP HE is a direct drop in on regular and track-pak cars
Thanks for the info, most likely ordering one of their HE's very soon ...
Old 7/29/14, 01:28 PM
I Have No Life

Now I'm REALLY getting agitated.

I spoke with them, the main project lead guy, yesterday, and he told me that the fogs should ship that day (yesterday) and that I would be getting a tracking number yesterday.

You guessed it. No tracking number. No call, no e-mail, no nothing.

I'm on the phone again with them, and asked the status to the main guy answering the phone and he asked me to e-mail the other guy again. I said a resounding NO. I'm not. I e-mailed you and him 4 times prior in the last 5 weeks, and there hasn't been one response or acknowledgement of any status of any sort. So no, I won't e-mail. I would like a status please, or a word with the other guy.

So I'm on hold now. Again.

Even if this pans out good, I don't know if I can recommend them again based on their customer service.
Old 7/29/14, 01:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the info, most likely ordering one of their HE's very soon ...
Gabe if you have any questions you can message me I'll try the best I can, I have one the triple pass HE's from them. Its not actually made by them and its darn good quality stuff. Made by AFCO. If you do the HE are you getting the ones with the fans? They are a bit loud, can't hear them in the car but they are slightly noticeable outside of the car. I have a hard time hearing them with the windows down.

I can try to get a video of them if you would like of it running.

Now I'm REALLY getting agitated.

I spoke with them, the main project lead guy, yesterday, and he told me that the fogs should ship that day (yesterday) and that I would be getting a tracking number yesterday.

You guessed it. No tracking number. No call, no e-mail, no nothing.

I'm on the phone again with them, and asked the status to the main guy answering the phone and he asked me to e-mail the other guy again. I said a resounding NO. I'm not. I e-mailed you and him 4 times prior in the last 5 weeks, and there hasn't been one response or acknowledgement of any status of any sort. So no, I won't e-mail. I would like a status please, or a word with the other guy.

So I'm on hold now. Again.

Even if this pans out good, I don't know if I can recommend them again based on their customer service.
Nothing is worse then drawn out terrible customer service. All these small start ups get so popular they can't keep up with business level stuff.
Old 7/29/14, 01:44 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by rmurer

Nothing is worse then drawn out terrible customer service. All these small start ups get so popular they can't keep up with business level stuff.
OMG.

You guys won't believe this. I got in touch with them, and as expected, it didn't ship yesterday. You know why? The guy "packing the fogs in bubble wrap and into box accidentally dropped it and scratched the clear finish".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So sounds like they refinished the clear, and didn't have to redo the smoke. It should be curing right now and "should be able to ship today, or at latest tomorrow". I asked for a picture of both, since I want to be sure all looks well. I told him those 2 fogs better be in perfect condition and symmetrical in looks, etc... or I won't be a happy camper. going on 6 weeks by end of this week, and I'll be darned if I waited that long for imperfect stuff.

Ugh.

Seriously...

I know accidents happen, but come on. The lack of communication (biggest issue) is my problem. He said he knew he should have contacted me and that they were so busy. But still. Come on man. Make time. Take care of customers....

Sigh...

Rant over.
Old 7/29/14, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
Gabe if you have any questions you can message me I'll try the best I can, I have one the triple pass HE's from them. Its not actually made by them and its darn good quality stuff. Made by AFCO. If you do the HE are you getting the ones with the fans? They are a bit loud, can't hear them in the car but they are slightly noticeable outside of the car. I have a hard time hearing them with the windows down.

I can try to get a video of them if you would like of it running.

Yes, that would be awesome! And yes, it's their triple-pass dual-11" fan set-up that I was looking at, and also their 170-degree t-stat ...

Burton, sorry to hear that man ... keep us updated
Old 7/29/14, 01:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
OMG.

You guys won't believe this. I got in touch with them, and as expected, it didn't ship yesterday. You know why? The guy "packing the fogs in bubble wrap and into box accidentally dropped it and scratched the clear finish".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

So sounds like they refinished the clear, and didn't have to redo the smoke. It should be curing right now and "should be able to ship today, or at latest tomorrow". I asked for a picture of both, since I want to be sure all looks well. I told him those 2 fogs better be in perfect condition and symmetrical in looks, etc... or I won't be a happy camper. going on 6 weeks by end of this week, and I'll be darned if I waited that long for imperfect stuff.

Ugh.

Seriously...

I know accidents happen, but come on. The lack of communication (biggest issue) is my problem. He said he knew he should have contacted me and that they were so busy. But still. Come on man. Make time. Take care of customers....

Sigh...

Rant over.

Well you sold me, never going to deal with him that's for sure.
Old 7/29/14, 01:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
That's the way to go.
Good stuff.

OMG.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
Ugh. Seriously...
Sigh...Rant over.
He knows he should of contacted you, but still didn't. Classic lies.
Good luck bud. I hope you get your fogs soon.

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...