Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Minor rant/venting...

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/14, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
I can respect that, and im glad youre happy with it. Thats basically all that matters.

As for me, ill take that money i didnt spend on the Brembo package and put it towards real suspension upgrades along with a big brake kit. The ford track package is a novice setup which is fun out of the box. Myself, im skipping it because i feel there is no need to spend money on it when i can go straight to more serious components which i want in the first place.
I suppose it depends on what you want to do with the car. If your goal is to turn it into a track only machine I can totally see your point. If you're going to swap out the gears, suspension, cooling, and brakes it makes total sense just to pay for a stock GT and save your money for upgrades.

Mine is a summer fun car and a weekend race track warrior. There is certainly a lot that can be improved on the Track Pack. I may very well go with even stiffer springs, adjustable shocks, sway bars and a watt's link in a few years. But I can tell you one thing I have no plans on changing: The Brembo brakes I think the car is light enough to get away with the 4 piston Brembos. Worst case I'll have to spring $450 for a Boss 302 cooling kit. But to be completely honest I see no reason at all to drop over $4k on the Brembo 380mm 6-piston setup. At least not based on my use of the car anyway.
For the $2.5k that the TP cost and all the goodies it comes with (Torsen dif with 3.73s, diff cooler, engine oil cooler, Boss Radiator, stiffer springs and of course the 14" Brembos) I couldn't be happier. I paid the extra $1.7k for the Recaros too, and I'm very happy with that decision as well. It's perfect for the 3-4 time a year track duty I subject my Mustang to, as well as the "spirited" to-say-the-least driving on the street, without being overly harsh on my daily commute to work. Plus my car was still only $32k

But that's the cool think about our Mustangs. You can make it your own, and turn it into whatever you want ti to be. I'd love to take your track monster out for a spin when you're done with modding it.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 4/20/14 at 04:32 PM.
Old 4/20/14, 04:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jmaStang
Because people with poor taste will pay more for it. OP made a thread asking why scoops and other aesthetic mods are not considered tacky in the Mustang world. I think they are.
I guess the richer people are the more poor taste they have.

Darn Saleen and Roush putting those kits on the cars and charging serious coin.
Old 4/20/14, 05:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
It's tacky when it's a $50 stick on part that looks like it's made for a different car.

It looks good when it's designed properly and integrated into the car properly.
Old 4/20/14, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those videos are hilarious. It's my new crack! LOL

As to the mods and what is/isn't acceptable. This is what I believe.

People can do whatever they want to their own car. It doesn't make a hill of beans difference what others believe or like.

Opinions are like bellybuttons and everyone has one. To and including myself.

If you like wings, splitters, badges, stripe kits, wheels, etc. that is cool. If you like suspension mods, engine mods, etc. that is cool too.

What I don't like is when people talk trash and try and convince their way is better or their opinion is right, etc. Many people lack class, and humility.

It's your car. Do to it what you like. The last I checked, you are the one making the payments and you are the one who is paying for the parts.

It's about respect. We should all respect what each other does. We all operate under a budget and some budgets are larger.

We all have this in common. We are al proud of our cars. We should embrace this and show respect to others and their cars.

It just fry's my you know what when someone spends time and money modding their car and some classless POS degrades the owner of what was done.

The old saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut.

To the OP. It is a great question you asked. I have no idea why that is. :-)

Last edited by 2014GHIGGT; 4/20/14 at 05:32 PM.
Old 4/20/14, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I suppose it depends on what you want to do with the car. If your goal is to turn it into a track only machine I can totally see your point. If you're going to swap out the gears, suspension, cooling, and brakes it makes total sense just to pay for a stock GT and save your money for upgrades.

Mine is a summer fun car and a weekend race track warrior. There is certainly a lot that can be improved on the Track Pack. I may very well go with even stiffer springs, adjustable shocks, sway bars and a watt's link in a few years. But I can tell you one thing I have no plans on changing: The Brembo brakes I think the car is light enough to get away with the 4 piston Brembos. Worst case I'll have to spring $450 for a Boss 302 cooling kit. But to be completely honest I see no reason at all to drop over $4k on the Brembo 380mm 6-piston setup. At least not based on my use of the car anyway.
For the $2.5k that the TP cost and all the goodies it comes with (Torsen dif with 3.73s, diff cooler, engine oil cooler, Boss Radiator, stiffer springs and of course the 14" Brembos) I couldn't be happier. I paid the extra $1.7k for the Recaros too, and I'm very happy with that decision as well. It's perfect for the 3-4 time a year track duty I subject my Mustang to, as well as the "spirited" to-say-the-least driving on the street, without being overly harsh on my daily commute to work. Plus my car was still only $32k
I'm in the same train of thought as you!
I bought a 300a, with 2 options track pack and recaro seats!
I drive my car daily 45 mi. Round trip to work, I have had it for 6 weeks and just took it to the drag strip for the first time last week and I'm planning my first auto cross event in the next month!
These cars are very good from the factory, and yes there is room for improvement, but what you get for $2500 in the T.P. is more than worth it in my opinion, and most guy that go to the track at least a few times a year, and still drive there cars daily!

Sorry for the off topic chat!

I think most things that don't add any performance gain is ricer, but even I admit to doing it !

Last edited by ElkGroveFordGuy; 4/20/14 at 06:05 PM.
Old 4/20/14, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I guess the richer people are the more poor taste they have.

Darn Saleen and Roush putting those kits on the cars and charging serious coin.
You said "factory." Roush and Saleen are third party companies. Additionally, this thread is about scoops and stickers, not functional suspension overhaul and TVS blowers.
Old 4/20/14, 06:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
Those videos are hilarious. It's my new crack! LOL

As to the mods and what is/isn't acceptable. This is what I believe.

People can do whatever they want to their own car. It doesn't make a hill of beans difference what others believe or like.

Opinions are like bellybuttons and everyone has one. To and including myself.

If you like wings, splitters, badges, stripe kits, wheels, etc. that is cool. If you like suspension mods, engine mods, etc. that is cool too.

What I don't like is when people talk trash and try and convince their way is better or their opinion is right, etc. Many people lack class, and humility.

It's your car. Do to it what you like. The last I checked, you are the one making the payments and you are the one who is paying for the parts.

It's about respect. We should all respect what each other does. We all operate under a budget and some budgets are larger.

We all have this in common. We are al proud of our cars. We should embrace this and show respect to others and their cars.

It just fry's my you know what when someone spends time and money modding their car and some classless POS degrades the owner of what was done.

The old saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut.

To the OP. It is a great question you asked. I have no idea why that is. :-)
Well said!
Old 4/20/14, 06:23 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
so would my car (GT) be considered riced out with the CF chin and side splitters and white stripes?
Old 4/20/14, 06:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
so would my car (GT) be considered riced out with the CF chin and side splitters and white stripes?
No, yours is tastefully done.
Old 4/20/14, 06:27 PM
GT Member

I think I know your car. You have the 2011 GT500 PP wheels right? I agree with Thomas. Your car is tastefully modified.
Old 4/20/14, 06:55 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I think I know your car. You have the 2011 GT500 PP wheels right? I agree with Thomas. Your car is tastefully modified.
ya that's right. well that's a relief.

I'm gonna go for sushi now
Old 4/20/14, 06:58 PM

You said "factory." Roush and Saleen are third party companies. Additionally, this thread is about scoops and stickers, not functional suspension overhaul and TVS blowers.
Let me guess.."missionary?"

Lol just kidding
Old 4/20/14, 07:11 PM
GT Member

ya that's right. well that's a relief.

I'm gonna go for sushi now
Lol I know you were suuuuuper stressed, anxiously awaiting the verdict from a couple guys on the internet.

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Let me guess.."missionary?"

Lol just kidding
Hey man, you know how seriously you gotta take these forum arguments. Good chat.

As has been covered in this thread, modding is all preference. I mean, we all at least had enough in common to buy the same car and join the same forum, right?
Old 4/20/14, 07:34 PM

Man I was just messin with ya! Peace

Btw , yes, I was talking about OEM add ons at the factory.

Example: the selling point of the 68 GTCS was its unique scoops, stripes and grille. Look at the tv ad. (A very collectible and sought after car today.)

Also, Hood scoops and side scoops became standard on the 2001 GT. Two years later, these scoops became standard on the V6!

...The 99 SVT Cobra hood would eventually find it's way on the 04 V6s! All of these factory add ons to entice buyers.

Btw, Not every Saleen or roush deletes these OEM options, only the EXPENSIVE upgraded models receive functional composite hoods such as in sc281 01-04. I could go on and on.

Lets not even start on window louvers...
Old 4/20/14, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
I'm in the same train of thought as you!
I bought a 300a, with 2 options track pack and recaro seats!
I drive my car daily 45 mi. Round trip to work, I have had it for 6 weeks and just took it to the drag strip for the first time last week and I'm planning my first auto cross event in the next month!
These cars are very good from the factory, and yes there is room for improvement, but what you get for $2500 in the T.P. is more than worth it in my opinion, and most guy that go to the track at least a few times a year, and still drive there cars daily!

Sorry for the off topic chat!

I think most things that don't add any performance gain is ricer, but even I admit to doing it !
How did you do at the strip?

And yes, to get back on topic. Appearance mods are subjective, but RICE makes you think 200hp MAX Civic. With the amount of power and performance in these cars it's hard to associate "rice" with Mustang. When i hear Rice I think fart cans and huge wings for no good reason.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 4/20/14 at 09:05 PM.
Old 4/20/14, 10:10 PM

I, too, got the Premium with the Track Pack. Though I went for the 'Comfort Pkg' and not the Recaros, my back likes the adjustable fit (and the wife loves the heated seat - driver side seat heater will probably -never- be turned on!).

I test drove a GT without the Track Pack and was still undecided on the car. My previous car handles exceedingly well, and the base GT suspension just felt too squishy. I live near some nice and fun winding mountain pass roads, and I like the confidence a better suspension gives. So I made some calls to other dealers, and I found one that had a GT with the TP. One test drive later and I was sold. The car felt much more solid that it would go where I pointed it at, which is how I want my car to feel and respond. That said, I hope to take the car to a track this summer - but it won't be too often an occurrence. And as I most likely will not be modding the suspension and going above and beyond what it has, the decision made sense to me. You get a lot with the TP package.

Sure, if you are planning to go replace everything with full-on racing upgrades, then there's no point in spending that extra. But for me, it made the difference between being on the fence about which car to buy and 'okay, this will be awesome, let's get my order into the system!'.
Old 4/21/14, 04:19 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
ya that's right. well that's a relief. I'm gonna go for sushi now
Lol this thread is hilarious.

Darren, I think if you are questioning if yours is or not, it is!!! Kidding man. I love your car. If anything, your car is tasteful French exquisite cuisine, not rice

Unless of course you have an "intakerrrrr" and 7-1/2 pistons. God that dude was hilarious.

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/21/14 at 04:20 AM.
Old 4/21/14, 09:19 AM
Banned

my car is kinda borderline rice. i know it.
Old 4/21/14, 09:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
my car is kinda borderline rice. i know it.
How? I don't see anything that warrants the "ricer" label.
Old 4/21/14, 10:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
How? I don't see anything that warrants the "ricer" label.
I agree not even close.

Quick Reply: Minor rant/venting...