Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Lava Red & Kona Blue paint shortage...

Old 6/2/11, 12:38 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rays1969@bex.net
Hey Deysha,
I'm new to this site. How do I message you? email? Or do I just post my vin here?
Thanks, I got your message. I will get to it as soon as I can.

Deysha
Old 6/2/11, 08:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay, it's official: Lava Red is done. Kona Blue is nearly gone. Here's the current info from Ford in this week's commodities restriction report....

Paint Update
Lava Red (UZ) paint has balanced out. Orders with this paint will not be selected for scheduling. At this time estimates show that Kona Blue (L6) are available but may become exhausted during June 2 Scheduling.

Until further notice, Mustang orders with Kona Blue (L6) paint and a Hood Scoop (944, 945 or 946) will not be selected for scheduling. Additionally, Mustang orders with Kona Blue (L6) paint and a Pedestal Rear Spoiler (Standard on California Special Package 402A & included in Accessory Packages 943, 944 & 945) will not be selected for scheduling.
Old 6/3/11, 06:57 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this is just lovely, wonder how much longer it will delay my order even more. Over a month into it and no build date or nothing yet. Wonder how much the color changes will affect the timeline of the cars being built.
Old 6/3/11, 07:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by generalee31184
Well this is just lovely, wonder how much longer it will delay my order even more. Over a month into it and no build date or nothing yet. Wonder how much the color changes will affect the timeline of the cars being built.
A month really isn't that long. Took me around two to get some info and 15.5 weeks to get my car. Patience man.
Old 6/3/11, 07:12 AM

Fingers crossed Deysha has some good news for my lava red order...got a VIN on Monday but no build ETA as of yet
Old 6/3/11, 07:24 AM
Cur
V6 Member

Originally Posted by slowandold
Fingers crossed Deysha has some good news for my lava red order...got a VIN on Monday but no build ETA as of yet
If you have a VIN you are good to go, don't worry about it, and Grats!!
Old 6/3/11, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cur
If thats the case then I will stop looking at GT500's lol...

Wish I still worked for my old co...I'd fly up to MI and visit AAI to watch it being built...
Old 6/3/11, 08:02 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by generalee31184
Well, since you ordered the accessory pkg 5 for your Kona Blue, and that combo isn't available to schedule, and that Kona Blue is running out, I'd say your car will never get built. I suggest you drop the acc pkg 5 or change paint color ASAP.
Old 6/3/11, 08:33 AM
Cur
V6 Member

If thats the case then I will stop looking at GT500's lol...

Wish I still worked for my old co...I'd fly up to MI and visit AAI to watch it being built...
Too funny, that is exactly what I started doing when Five Oh Brian first posted this topic and I had no info on my Mustang. I found a couple 2010 Shelby's that I was seriously starting to consider

I'm glad I'm getting "my" Mustang tho. The VIN sticker just went up and it's very, very cool to see it with my name on it!
Old 6/3/11, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cur
I'm glad I'm getting "my" Mustang tho. The VIN sticker just went up and it's very, very cool to see it with my name on it!
+1 Same for me. Window sticker went up this morning. I was so happy to finally see it and it was a surprise to see my name right on it. I was originally given 6/6 as the "build by" date but on the sticker it says 6/9.
Old 6/3/11, 01:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
+1 Same for me. Window sticker went up this morning. I was so happy to finally see it and it was a surprise to see my name right on it. I was originally given 6/6 as the "build by" date but on the sticker it says 6/9.
Are you guys getting these updates someplace online? or just through pm with deysha?
Old 6/3/11, 01:13 PM
Cur
V6 Member

Deysha got me my VIN / build week about 10 days before my dealer did. I was bugging her because of the issues with nav head units (Tsunami effecting supply) and the Lava Red paint (same) I was worried about not getting the car I ordered. My dealer was less than responsive and had very little info and Deysha stepped up and took care of me. She's the tops!

Once you get your VIN you can watch for your window sticker here:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...cker.aspx?vin=

Just put your VIN after the "=" sign.
Old 6/3/11, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cur

"VIN not in system"....great...
Old 6/3/11, 03:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It usually pops up about a week before your build date. Don't worry, if you have a vin, you're doing fine. Just keep checking
Old 6/3/11, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
It usually pops up about a week before your build date. Don't worry, if you have a vin, you're doing fine. Just keep checking
Yeah, I got a bit neurotic about it (checking 5 times per day ) so I was glad when it finally popped this morning and my build date is 6/9. I have had my VIN since 5/23.
Old 6/3/11, 03:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Same here. But I just got my order # yesterday and my VIN today. So I am still ...
Old 6/3/11, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Okay, it's official: Lava Red is done. Kona Blue is nearly gone. Here's the current info from Ford in this week's commodities restriction report....

Paint Update
Lava Red (UZ) paint has balanced out. Orders with this paint will not be selected for scheduling. At this time estimates show that Kona Blue (L6) are available but may become exhausted during June 2 Scheduling.

Until further notice, Mustang orders with Kona Blue (L6) paint and a Hood Scoop (944, 945 or 946) will not be selected for scheduling. Additionally, Mustang orders with Kona Blue (L6) paint and a Pedestal Rear Spoiler (Standard on California Special Package 402A & included in Accessory Packages 943, 944 & 945) will not be selected for scheduling.
Are there any other restrictions? Red Candy? Nav systems?
Old 6/4/11, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by rays1969@bex.net
Where's my Mustang? Ordered 4/11/11, Have Vin, Build date 5/2/11, supposed delivery to dealer 5/5/11, then 5/12/11 and 5/30/11. Grabber Blue. Heard there may be a shortage of Glass Roofs and it's sitting on dock 51. Does anyone know where/when I will really get this car.
The Dealer called late today. My car is in, get it Monday. Went straight over the to see it for myself. It true! Happy Day! Thanks Deysha and to the rest of you for your all help.
Old 6/6/11, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cur
+1 on what Cur said! You are good to go slowandold!

Deysha
Old 6/6/11, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cur
Deysha got me my VIN / build week about 10 days before my dealer did. I was bugging her because of the issues with nav head units (Tsunami effecting supply) and the Lava Red paint (same) I was worried about not getting the car I ordered. My dealer was less than responsive and had very little info and Deysha stepped up and took care of me. She's the tops!

Thanks Cur!!!!

Deysha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lava Red & Kona Blue paint shortage...