Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest Communication From Ford

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/10, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest Communication From Ford

Here is the latest communication from Ford. Not much new news but a good sign anyway. I had three sold orders that had been sitting finally leave the plant yesterday so they are coming guys (and gals).

Dealer Summary:Provide a 2011 Mustang launch update. To:All Ford DealersAddressees: Dealer Principal
Sales Manager
F&I Manager
Service Manager
Parts Manager

Communication:

2011 Mustang Launch
Over the last several weeks, the 2011 Mustang has gained solid momentum as awareness grows for our latest product enhancements and as many launch elements unfold for the summer months. In fact, as many of you know, Mustang outsold Camaro for the month of May, the first time this year we've achieved leadership in the Sports Car segment.

As with all new product launches, we are making every effort to ensure the highest quality of early build units. With summer sales ramping up, there have been questions regarding the status of 2011MY Mustang orders, particularly retail units. As of today:

·We are currently building and shipping all Mustangs - V6, GT and GT500
·All currently built retail customer orders have been prioritized (oldest to newest) and will be shipped by the end of June.

In addition to capturing one month of Mustang Leadership, we are seeing other very good trends with 2011MY Mustang:
·Segment market share has been on an upward trend since February
·Between April and May, Mustang share was up 5ppts

We appreciate your continued support of our 2011 Mustang launch efforts, and you have our continued commitment to deliver the highest quality, the best value and hottest performance for Mustang, both on and off the track. Thank you.

Old 6/16/10, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 6/16/10, 11:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
Here is the latest communication from Ford. Not much new news but a good sign anyway. I had three sold orders that had been sitting finally leave the plant yesterday so they are coming guys (and gals).

Dealer Summary:Provide a 2011 Mustang launch update. To:All Ford DealersAddressees: Dealer Principal
Sales Manager
F&I Manager
Service Manager
Parts Manager

Communication:

2011 Mustang Launch
Over the last several weeks, the 2011 Mustang has gained solid momentum as awareness grows for our latest product enhancements and as many launch elements unfold for the summer months. In fact, as many of you know, Mustang outsold Camaro for the month of May, the first time this year we've achieved leadership in the Sports Car segment.

As with all new product launches, we are making every effort to ensure the highest quality of early build units. With summer sales ramping up, there have been questions regarding the status of 2011MY Mustang orders, particularly retail units. As of today:

·All currently built retail customer orders have been prioritized (oldest to newest) and will be shipped by the end of June.

In addition to capturing one month of Mustang Leadership, we are seeing other very good trends with 2011MY Mustang:

We appreciate your continued support of our 2011 Mustang launch efforts, and you have our continued commitment to deliver the highest quality, the best value and hottest performance for Mustang, both on and off the track. Thank you.

Rigggghhhht.......

I hope Ford CS gets that.
Old 6/16/10, 11:25 AM
GT Member

Oldest to newest.....

Hopefully that's a new idea that gets my car on a train. I'm going out of the country for two weeks a week from Saturday. I'd love to get this thing paid for and in the garage before then.
Old 6/16/10, 11:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Centurionusa
Oldest to newest.....

Hopefully that's a new idea that gets my car on a train. I'm going out of the country for two weeks a week from Saturday. I'd love to get this thing paid for and in the garage before then.
Our ETAs are the same. I thought for sure yours would be moving by now. . .
Old 6/16/10, 11:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Thank you for the info.
Old 6/16/10, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks, that's awesome news, hopefully the wait is almost over.
Old 6/16/10, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good to know! Mine was shipped yesterday, and alas, they're still subject to shipping availability. By the way, what does PPTS stand for?
Old 6/16/10, 01:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Lancel
Good to know! Mine was shipped yesterday, and alas, they're still subject to shipping availability. By the way, what does PPTS stand for?
percentage points
Old 6/16/10, 01:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All currently built retail customer orders have been prioritized (oldest to newest) and will be shipped by the end of June.
Reading that is like a cool breeze on a hot day.
Old 6/16/10, 02:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Our ETAs are the same. I thought for sure yours would be moving by now. . .
I haven't checked on my status since my last JonnyB PM so who knows, maybe it is on the move. I sent an email to my dealer today letting him know when I would be away to hopefully prod him into checking the status. Hopefully he sends back good news.
Old 6/16/10, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the info. That is about what my salesman told me last week too. I sure hope it is true. I'm starting to doubt if I really ordered one!!
Old 6/17/10, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Thumbs Up to Ford!

Hopefully they'll stay on track as far as deliveries go. We are supposed to be getting our 2011 by Monday...we'll see!
Old 6/17/10, 12:00 PM
FR500 Member

Sales Manager
F&I Manager
Service Manager
Parts Manager

Communication:

2011 Mustang Launch

Hopefully that's some of the fruit from going over to BlueOvalForums to voice your concerns. That along with new members like OACSparky giving us the lowdown on the inner working of the plants.
Old 6/17/10, 12:03 PM
Cobra R Member

I still think they're trying to close a bunch of sales for Q2. . . . this was all driven by the bean counters.

Imagine the outcry from dealers if they had NO inventory for Memorial Day AND the 4th of July? August begins the clearing of the 2010 model year and with no 2011 inventory available, what would they sell??? I guess it's a good thing they're FORD dealers and not MUSTANG dealers because this would surely suck for them.
Old 6/17/10, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

From the pictures it seems like most of the newly arrived cars have had wax writing indicating something wrong with the car. I think this was more than bean counting, they were fixing them.
Old 6/17/10, 02:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
From the pictures it seems like most of the newly arrived cars have had wax writing indicating something wrong with the car. I think this was more than bean counting, they were fixing them.
Well, they were failing them. It remains to be seen if they were fixed or just shipped.

But with all the deliveries happening before 6/30, Ford gets to count the revenue and the units for the 2nd quarter.
Old 6/17/10, 02:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
So, I checked our '11 GT orders a - low and behold - our oldest retail is, indeed, on a train finally after being held well past its ETA. Several other GT's now on trains, as well, coming our way so they have definitely opened the flood gates.
Old 6/17/10, 02:46 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
So, I checked our '11 GT orders a - low and behold - our oldest retail is, indeed, on a train finally after being held well past its ETA. Several other GT's now on trains, as well, coming our way so they have definitely opened the flood gates.
Great news!!
Old 6/17/10, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good news for everyone.

Quick Reply: Latest Communication From Ford