Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm torn, Opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/13, 09:38 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm torn, Opinions please!

So I'm purchasing a brand new 2014 Mustang V6 on Monday. I know what options I want. Just gonna go with the Performance Package, Illuminated Door Sills, and a Pedestal Spoiler. Pretty simple and that's all I can afford so it works :P. I have a HUGE problem though. I'm torn on the color. I'm gonna have the car for probably close to 6 years, so this is really difficult. I can't decide between Oxford White and Deep Impact Blue. Is there any reason I should get one over the other? Is one harder then the other to maintain? I know this greatly depends on what I personally like more, but I'd love to hear some opinions. I've looked at TONS of cars on here of each color and still can't decide. Any fellow members have any input or preference? Thank you!
Old 3/30/13, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DIB requires about the same level of maintenance as black. DIB is a beautiful shade of blue in direct sunlight, but turns purple under cloudy sky's.
Old 3/30/13, 09:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
DIB requires about the same level of maintenance as black. DIB is a beautiful shade of blue in direct sunlight, but turns purple under cloudy sky's.
Well said. Just about sums it up
Old 3/30/13, 09:49 PM
V6 Member

Hmmm I saw one today and yes it was sunny and it looked absolutely beautiful. I can see what you mean about it turning kinda purple with overcast skies. Not sure how I feel about that :/.
Old 3/30/13, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13

Well said. Just about sums it up
Sorry, blue doesn't make purple without red.
Old 3/30/13, 10:00 PM
V6 Member

Love my DIB, and I've never noticed it looking purple.
Old 3/30/13, 10:06 PM
GT Member

Mine doesn't look purple. At least I haven't noticed. But it does require a lot more care in order for it to look great. I washed mine about 3 days ago and you can definitely notice some dust settling in right away. I'd recommend the white if your fifty fifty, i love blue so for me it was definitely dib all the way. Plus with some black accents the white just looks amazing. Both great though. Good look let us know how you like it.
Old 3/30/13, 10:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mac951
Mine doesn't look purple. At least I haven't noticed. But it does require a lot more care in order for it to look great. I washed mine about 3 days ago and you can definitely notice some dust settling in right away. I'd recommend the white if your fifty fifty, i love blue so for me it was definitely dib all the way. Plus with some black accents the white just looks amazing. Both great though. Good look let us know how you like it.
Second this; I love blue but I find myself cleaning her every weekend.
Old 3/30/13, 10:21 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mac951
Yeah I can't help but stare everytime I see a DIB. It's just such a nice color you rarely see on vehicles. That's why I want it. It catches the eye and is different. I can't imagine how many compliments you get on it. On the other hand, I love the way the white looks especially with the black taillights. White California Specials are awesome. One of the best looking cars I've ever laid eyes on. Like you said, black on white looks great. This decision is really tough but I'm sure ill be happy with whatever I decide. Thanks for the input thus far everyone! It's appreciated
Old 3/30/13, 11:04 PM

If you want a ton of compliments on the color, get the DIB.

I loved Kona, but wasn't sure I liked DIB when it came out. It did tend to look more purple in certain light. I'm not much on purple. I looked at one back in January and decided it wasn't for me. Started looking more at Grabber and black, and later Red Candy. The right deal came along and I ended up in Texas picking up DIB after all that.

Everyone comments on it. From the first gas station I pulled into on the way home. The car needs to be kept clean. Probably even more so than black. And it looks purple as purple can get when it's sitting in the garage. But it's grown on me and it's a nice looking purple
Old 3/31/13, 04:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's red microflake in the paint so yes in certain light it does look purple. Mostly at sunset and low light mornings.

Old 3/31/13, 06:20 AM

I would say if you are a wash your car every weekend type person, get the dib. If you are more a wash the car every month or two kind of person, buy the white one. Both are great looking colors and you really can't go wrong with either. Just my two cents.
Attached Thumbnails I'm torn, Opinions please!-resize-drivers-side.jpg  
Old 3/31/13, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you keep your car inside then DIB is an option, but you will have to spend a lot of time cleaning the car or you'll find yourself always thinking it looks dirty out in the sunlight. White of course is much lower maintenance, but isn't a dynamic metallic color like DIB or SMG or Ruby Red.

I think the most dynamic color offered in the last few years was Tri Blaze - in the sunlight it absolutely explodes, and being on the lighter side of the spectrum it hides a little more dirt than DIB.
Old 3/31/13, 11:06 AM
GT Member

White sports car just looks cheap,IMO.

How often do you see high performance sport car's in white.
Old 3/31/13, 11:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by racksteris

Theres actually a lot more high end sports cars in white than blue. A lot actually don't even offer blue
Old 3/31/13, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
There's red microflake in the paint so yes in certain light it does look purple. Mostly at sunset and low light mornings.
I guess the houses in the back have red micro flake too because they look purple too. :nonsense:
Old 3/31/13, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by racksteris

Well here is one right here and she is a looker. plain white ones are not much but fixed up right they look great. i won 4 3rd place awards last year out of 6 shows. that was without the stripes, the tinting and the carbon fiber engine. So never dismiss any color.
Attached Thumbnails I'm torn, Opinions please!-zzz.jpg   I'm torn, Opinions please!-zzzz.jpg   I'm torn, Opinions please!-fusebox.jpg   I'm torn, Opinions please!-crbeng1.jpg   I'm torn, Opinions please!-dynorun2.jpg  

Old 3/31/13, 11:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BRADGTCS

Well here is one right here and she is a looker. plain white ones are not much but fixed up right they look great. i won 4 3rd place awards last year out of 6 shows. that was without the stripes, the tinting and the carbon fiber engine. So never dismiss any color.
Brad, don't compliment your own vehicle. Lol that's a cheese move. Lol
Old 3/31/13, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Brad, don't compliment your own vehicle. Lol that's a cheese move. Lol
If I had other picture handy of other white ones I would post them. Just tired of People knocking other mustangs over color and type when they are all great cars. We are all owners of Mustang and should be in a brotherhood not a bashers ball.
Old 3/31/13, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

If you can possibly squeeze in the Recaros into your payment, you won't regret it. +1 on DIB.

Quick Reply: I'm torn, Opinions please!