Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm going to be doing a oil catch can comparison test.

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/14, 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 70monte
The simple fact of this whole matter is that I found the thread about 5.0 catch cans on the f150 forum. I mentioned that I was running a Bob's catch can and Tuner boost asked if I would be interested in testing his can against my can in the same format that was being done in that thread. I said I would be and he sent me a RX can to test. I've not paid out any money to do this test so it's no skin off of my nose if his can doesn't do what he claims so I don't know how I've been scammed. He or no one else has convinced me of anything yet. If anything, I was scammed last year when everyone recommended a UPR can to me for my car as well as my fiancée's 07GT that didn't do the job it was supposed to. I have a lot of additional money tied up in these cans buying upgraded fittings and everything else that I've bought and the cans still don't do it's job very well. Maybe his new design can will work like it's supposed to do. As far as who do I want to trust with my car, so far no catch can manufacturer that I have tried yet has earned that trust so that question remains to be seen. Wayne
I understand that you are doing a simple and free test. But like I was saying earlier, the test due to the length of the lines, won't warrant fair results of how effective the can is. Even when done in reverse order. And maybe it's bc I wasn't around here in 07 but I had also never heard of UPR prior to these threads. I don't see it recommended these days.

You know a water softener guy came over when I bought my first house. He did all of these fancy tests on my water. He even tested the bottled water in my fridge. Everything showed his water was best. What's funny though is that he was using a chemical that reacted only to his water for the results. Also, they wanted $9k for a softener (later to drop it as low as $1700 after I kept saying no). And the unit was terrible quality. This guy sure was nice. He new a TON about water. And he really cared about me and my family. But at the end of the day, he was selling a product that wasn't nearly as good as one I could go buy at Home Depot. If I had been less intelligent, I would have seen the tests and results with amazed eyes and spent 25% of the value of my car on a unit from him.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/19/14 at 05:26 PM.
Old 7/19/14, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Please show me a link where having longer hoses to the cans will have a negative impact. Are you saying that longer hoses will allow oil to reach the intake easier. That makes no sense to me. Thanks.
Wayne
Old 7/19/14, 08:40 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The simple fact of this whole matter is that I found the thread about 5.0 catch cans on the f150 forum.
Wayne
Please show me a link where having longer hoses to the cans will have a negative impact. Are you saying that longer hoses will allow oil to reach the intake easier. That makes no sense to me. Thanks.
Wayne
May I kindly and politely suggest, since you're kind of new here, that you do some searches on themustangsource.com, both general search and sub-forum search, rather than coming from F150forum like you have found a brand new . You can search both the correct name 'oil separator' or the juvenile 'catch can'. The subject has been thoroughly discussed for Mustang use for about 10 years now on numerous threads and posts.

Good luck!
Old 7/20/14, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Longer hoses allow for better locations......

Wayne
Longer hoses on many performance and race vehicles are a must for the best location and a more friendly environment. Having many friends that race and compete at a different level explained that most cars and trucks don't have room to relocate a catch can to an ideal mounting location.

As for the oil and condensation they are catching is just excess oil and moisture in the air at a given temperature. Condensation forms as the air becomes colder and its temperature drops below its dew point. Releasing the excess oil and moisture to match the lower temperature it passes through.

That's how a colder environment benefits the catch can location.

Last edited by TunerBull; 7/20/14 at 07:10 AM.
Old 7/20/14, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

I actually was on here and the other mustang forums way before I found the thread on the f150 forum. I just found it while doing a search for oil catch cans. I don't even own a f150.
I have done extensive searching on the various mustang forums as well as using Google on this subject but I'm always willing to learn more. I'm no expert for sure.
Wayne
Old 7/20/14, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this has been going on for years and the catch can is that important to our engine, Why has Ford not included a can from the factory?

I'd like to think that as much as we pay for our cars, Ford is not ok with this.
Old 7/20/14, 09:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by trizzot
If this has been going on for years and the catch can is that important to our engine, Why has Ford not included a can from the factory? I'd like to think that as much as we pay for our cars, Ford is not ok with this.
This has been discussed already.
Old 7/20/14, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the great answer, I must have read this wrong. Brand vs brand must also mean why its not a factory addition.
Old 7/20/14, 02:41 PM
Cobra Member

There are 3 or 4 oil separator threads that are current.

The speculation is that ford and other car makers wish not to spend the extra money on something fixing an issue that won't affect the motor until well after warranty is gone. Also the issue of having something that a customer would have to regularly empty poses a problem since car owners can't even remember to close their gas cap door these days.

Anyway, some manufactures are adding them recently, like BMW on their turbo motors.
Old 7/21/14, 03:50 PM

Factory will never add a solution that involves the customer having to empty it. You can't return the contaminated mix the cans catch to the crankcase, that will take the engine out over time. Today's vehicle buyer rarely ever even open their hood much less anything else as far as self maintenance.

Just like GM and the ignition switch....most issues with vehicles are ignored in hopes of getting through a production w/out major recalls.

The thread should really be on facts concerning the subject and not some name calling and rolling in the mud.

Watch and see the outcome of the testing. Go back to the beginning and read all the data and supporting documentation.

Cheers!!
Old 7/21/14, 03:53 PM

Oh...to add, many Ford dealers do add these to correct issues with the EcoBoost PCV design flaw causing the misfires, shudder, oil contamination, etc.

This is from Rhineland Ford in Canada:

Name:  RhinelandreccomendationonRXcan_zps5d40da1d.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  110.2 KB

Old 7/22/14, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by typesredline
There are 3 or 4 oil separator threads that are current.

The speculation is that ford and other car makers wish not to spend the extra money on something fixing an issue that won't affect the motor until well after warranty is gone. Also the issue of having something that a customer would have to regularly empty poses a problem since car owners can't even remember to close their gas cap door these days.

Anyway, some manufactures are adding them recently, like BMW on their turbo motors.
Maserati started using them in the late 50's early 60's as they were finding the oil ingestion caused detonation, Lamborghini is advertising for 2014-2015 they are now standard on their super cars, and Ferrari, etc. have used them for ages. Mass produced vehicles don't get the engineering lee-way the super car engineers get.

Lot's of frustration from our big 3 engineer's when management and accounting decide what is and is not implemented into production. They all have some of the best engineers in the world, but their hands are tied with so much, and even a $.20 cent item may be nixed due to accounting.

Old 7/22/14, 05:47 PM

You spew the same garbage all over the internet and try to sound like an authority hoping no one will call your bluff or prove you wrong. It's very sad to see and follow all the forums and pictures you post everywhere in an effort to create a feeding frenzy for your products.

I read somewhere that your can is a poor knock off of the saikou-michi and they have a shorter wait time with a stellar reputation and lower pricing. They also don't use a $1.00 or cheaper plastic PCV valve on their products.

Are you or are you not the idiot that uses a generic crap metal breather cap and drills a hole in an oil cap and glues them together and sells the for $100 ! I sure people on here can search your background.

Anyone that listens to your crap long enough will figure it out. You fight and talk down to everyone and if they disagree. Woah, then you open your magic hat full of pictures and videos etc. A roll in the mud is what you need from the looks of you.

I watched your eco install video 1 what a joke ! Though you were gonna pass out laying over the hood groaning with the examples of OMG look at all the oil it's ingesting. LMAO, nice hoses and connections in your kit all glued together crap with a check valve jammed up it's rear.

C'mon I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this. Hmmm ?? I know I'm an idiot and can't hold a candle to your 40yrs. of car experience / engineering. You gotta be kidding with the crap your peddling and gluing together plastic OEM stuff !

Best Bloopers Video of all time !

No real engineer or professional would do a video or install like this with so many mistakes and forget the name of his own product during the hose routing. I thought you were gonna puke when you were taking the engine cover off. Or did you just pass a stone?

Drilling into the factory tube with grease on the drill and telling everyone it catch all the plastic and it's ok. OMG did you rehearse that 100 times before you filmed. Then pushing a double ended barb in the tube and saying it's perfect.

Everyone on here needs to take a step back and understand this guy is a total scammer.

Whatever you say does not matter to me. So go ahead and waste your time. Welcome to the internet. Where the truth be TOLD.
Old 7/22/14, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

May I kindly and politely suggest, since you're kind of new here, that you do some searches on themustangsource.com, both general search and sub-forum search, rather than coming from F150forum like you have found a brand new . You can search both the correct name 'oil separator' or the juvenile 'catch can'. The subject has been thoroughly discussed for Mustang use for about 10 years now on numerous threads and posts.

Good luck!
The problem with reading all the stuff on the internet on this subject is that there is hardly any technical information being given. Even all the stuff about pcv valve flow rates that you put out is just something you were told by the owner of BKU Motorsports. It is just hearsay. You didn't do the testing yourself.
As far as me thinking I have come up with some new idea, I don't know why you think that. I don't. People have gotten so bent out of shape about this thread. It makes no sense.
Old 7/23/14, 08:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TunerBull
You spew the same garbage all over the internet and try to sound like an authority hoping no one will call your bluff or prove you wrong. It's very sad to see and follow all the forums and pictures you post everywhere in an effort to create a feeding frenzy for your products.

I read somewhere that your can is a poor knock off of the saikou-michi and they have a shorter wait time with a stellar reputation and lower pricing. They also don't use a $1.00 or cheaper plastic PCV valve on their products.

Are you or are you not the idiot that uses a generic crap metal breather cap and drills a hole in an oil cap and glues them together and sells the for $100 ! I sure people on here can search your background.

Anyone that listens to your crap long enough will figure it out. You fight and talk down to everyone and if they disagree. Woah, then you open your magic hat full of pictures and videos etc. A roll in the mud is what you need from the looks of you.

I watched your eco install video 1 what a joke ! Though you were gonna pass out laying over the hood groaning with the examples of OMG look at all the oil it's ingesting. LMAO, nice hoses and connections in your kit all glued together crap with a check valve jammed up it's rear.

C'mon I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this. Hmmm ?? I know I'm an idiot and can't hold a candle to your 40yrs. of car experience / engineering. You gotta be kidding with the crap your peddling and gluing together plastic OEM stuff !

Best Bloopers Video of all time !
http://youtu.be/q6NPwKbbSs8

No real engineer or professional would do a video or install like this with so many mistakes and forget the name of his own product during the hose routing. I thought you were gonna puke when you were taking the engine cover off. Or did you just pass a stone?

Drilling into the factory tube with grease on the drill and telling everyone it catch all the plastic and it's ok. OMG did you rehearse that 100 times before you filmed. Then pushing a double ended barb in the tube and saying it's perfect.

Everyone on here needs to take a step back and understand this guy is a total scammer.

Whatever you say does not matter to me. So go ahead and waste your time. Welcome to the internet. Where the truth be TOLD.
I agree. That has got to be one of the worst videos I've ever seen. and that drilling with grease? that's insane. I'm also completely turned off by this.
Old 7/23/14, 10:08 AM

Talking Rx Clean Side Separator is Really Spectre 42795 O-Ring Breather!

Maybe everyone will start seeing through his smoke and mirrors.

Check this out !!! They use a $16 dollar breather from China.

Spectre Performance 42795 O-Ring Breather with Tube is what Rx uses for his $100 clean side separator that gets glued together.

LMAO !

http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-42795-O-Ring-Breather/dp/B0009KQMZS http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-42795-O-Ring-Breather/dp/B0009KQMZS

Then add a $10 or less oil cap and some permatex or crappy stuff glue and you have a run of the mill Rx products minus the Krylon spray paint and Rx decal.

Any buyers better beware of this Crapola......

Well said Typesredline.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...mer+complaints

---------- Here's a testament to his build quality and home made trash ----------------

Really Rx clean side separator is a stock oil cap turned on a lathe with an old school valve cover breather pre-fuel injected motors... This guy is no Dick Moroso - Yikes!

Just got done with the installation of a Monster Catch Can on my 13 ecoboost and was about to button things up when the clean side separator, separated. Has anyone seen this before or know how to fix it temporarily? I have a call into RX but assuming its the weekend, they didn't answer. I'd put the stock clean side pcv hose back on but had cut it to use the factory connectors. Any harm in capping the line and using the stock oil fill cap?

Here are some pictures. It appears the two half's are just glued together? Shouldn't this design need to be a little more robust if it has to be removed for oil changes?

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/14...separator.html

Then he proceeds to tell the customer you have to buy permatex or the right stuff !

LOL

>>>>> So the customer actually does it and it does not work and falls apart again !

Is the industry really getting this bad ???

>>>> Then he blames the customer for not letting it set up properly.

How bout you just build a quality part ????
Old 7/23/14, 10:56 AM
Cobra Member

Maybe everyone will start seeing through his smoke and mirrors. Check this out !!! They use a $16 dollar breather from China. Spectre Performance 42795 O-Ring Breather with Tube is what Rx uses for his $100 clean side separator that gets glued together. LMAO ! Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Performance-42795-O-Ring-Breather/dp/B0009KQMZS Then add a $10 or less oil cap and some permatex or crappy stuff glue and you have a run of the mill Rx products minus the Krylon spray paint and Rx decal. Any buyers better beware of this Crapola......
Wow! Busted! Lol. He has yet to answer my questions as well. (Tell me why you claim to use tial bov's. Tell me why your parts break. Tell me why you steal part designs. Tell me why you ship parts that are unfinished. And PLEASE tell me how you know what % of total your can is catching.)

I'm sure all of these posts will be pretended to not exist and more pics, videos from moron ford techs, and specs from over 80 yrs of his personal research will be used to distract readers.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/23/14 at 11:00 AM.
Old 7/23/14, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

Tun34bull, You only have 7 posts on TMS and those posts are shedding some fairly compeling evidence on the RX brand hardware. What did he do to you to really **** you off? lol. Thanks though, I DID consider the RX brand at one point, I really don't know if the catch can is or isn't crap, but, I'm not impressed at all and am going to buy from a well known brand like moroso
Old 7/23/14, 11:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Tun34bull, You only have 7 posts on TMS and those posts are shedding some fairly compeling evidence on the RX brand hardware. What did he do to you to really **** you off? lol. Thanks though, I DID consider the RX brand at one point, I really don't know if the catch can is or isn't crap, but, I'm not impressed at all and am going to buy from a well known brand like moroso
Granted I didn't like the smell of Tuner Boosts posts from day one. I'll admit that I started to say "oh, the makes sense" regarding some of his info.

However, all of this info from other forums and the light shed on the parts used not only leading to poor quality but also a ripoff product, make me revert back to my original gut thought.

I still think it's hilarious that Boost warned Monte that these things would be said. That's like when that new girl you meet says "All of my old boyfriends like to ruin new relationships by saying I'm crazy. Don't worry I'm not." Um....RED FLAG!!!

I think it's a good call to go elsewhere Joe. As far as what was done to **** off Bull. From what I gather, he is just sick and tired of reading this guys flub all over the place and he snapped. Lol

Last edited by typesredline; 7/23/14 at 11:08 AM.
Old 7/23/14, 11:55 AM
Cobra Member

Agreed! I am happy though that he is calling out on those bluffs. This is why I like to take my time and research and wait.... and wait some more and when I'm finally tired of waiting, i wait some more lol before buying anything. I'm glad it paid off again

I would love to hear back from others to see what they have to say about Tunerbull's posts.

Quick Reply: I'm going to be doing a oil catch can comparison test.