Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help me decide: Steeda or Ground Control

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/14, 08:45 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Help me decide: Steeda or Ground Control

Note that, either choice will be paired with Koni Yellow Adjustables shocks and struts on all 4 corners. Yes, I'm buying the front Koni's for sure now...

My 2 choices are these:

STEEDA:

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...stem-555-8126/

this will be MINUS the Tokico's, as I already have the Koni's.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...ings-555-8241/

then obviously, the springs will only be the front Competitions, since I will have "coilover springs" for the rear.

GROUND CONTROL:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=644/CA=96

So, I would like to hear input as to which you all think would be better for my application. Specifically, if there are people here who have USED either set, and can speak to it, please chime in. I would like to know:

a) quality of parts
b) ease of installation
c) drivability
d) NOISE!!! very important... I want to make sure NVH is kept to a minimum.

thanks in advance. I'm hoping to order today or tomorrow, so would appreciate the feedback.

Edit: I came across this thread in my research and got scared
http://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-...nightmare.html

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/23/14 at 08:47 AM.
Old 4/23/14, 09:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whatever raises the rear so you don't rub those giant tires, and whatever is stiff up front so that anchor up front doesn't make it dive?

are these the goals?
Old 4/23/14, 10:06 AM
I Have No Life

^ that, especially when I load up the car with my family on a trip sometime... but I also want it to be stiffer, and firmer, especially at cornering. I might have to try road racing sometime. I got a "taste" of it with my Koni's in the rear. That totally changed my car's handling, in a night and day way. I want more.
Old 4/23/14, 10:08 AM
Banned

i can actually understand that. I've been thinking about swapping out my rear K springs for P springs for a while, since the *** end sits so low w/ the vert.
Old 4/23/14, 10:12 AM
I Have No Life

so which option do y'all think is better in terms of my 4 criteria in my first post???
Old 4/23/14, 10:14 AM
Banned

complete coilover setup. something fully matched and paired. don't piecemeal here.

ship me your konis and fully assembled fronts w/ k-springs (less work for me) and get a complete solution.
Old 4/23/14, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Check out the Vorshlag Bilstein setup.
Old 4/23/14, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Note that, either choice will be paired with Koni Yellow Adjustables shocks and struts on all 4 corners. Yes, I'm buying the front Koni's for sure now...

My 2 choices are these:

STEEDA:

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...stem-555-8126/

this will be MINUS the Tokico's, as I already have the Koni's.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...ings-555-8241/

then obviously, the springs will only be the front Competitions, since I will have "coilover springs" for the rear.

GROUND CONTROL:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=644/CA=96

So, I would like to hear input as to which you all think would be better for my application. Specifically, if there are people here who have USED either set, and can speak to it, please chime in. I would like to know:

a) quality of parts
b) ease of installation
c) drivability
d) NOISE!!! very important... I want to make sure NVH is kept to a minimum.

thanks in advance. I'm hoping to order today or tomorrow, so would appreciate the feedback.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-...nightmare.html
Burton,

Just my opinion but unless you’re going to track your car, coil overs are a lot of money for not on a street driven car but I do agree the cool factor is there. If you’re insistent on going coil over, do it on all four corners and get a set tuned specifically for the S197 Mustang. Unless you know the chassis and the individual components you select to build your suspension, your choices could lead to expensive mistakes that result in very sub-par handling.

John
Old 4/23/14, 12:02 PM
Banned

i kinda think he's bored with his money. got the taste with the blower. then decided to add the wheels. now suspension

i get why I'm doing it, I'm dyin' here. dunno why he's modding his garage queen to the moon. someone needs to buy Burton an X-Box.
Old 4/23/14, 12:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Issues do happen time to time & I was not here when that thread was started. We have a lot of credibility & support on the forums. I can assure you have nothing to worry about when you order from Steeda. My email address is tim@steeda.com & can be reached anytime during the day & at night.

Our parts are made in the U.S.A. & have a lifetime warranty.

We recommend a Tech install instructions here - http://www.steeda.com/store/uploads/555-8126-1.pdf

That setup will need a special spring. Part # 223-1810B0200 is a 200lb spring for the rear.

Are you using your car on the track or is it just a street car that you want to be able to adjust the rear height?

Send me an email to tim@steeda.com ... lets discuss what you are doing & how we can get you into a package that is suited for your goals. We can run the #'s and see what we can do for you in regards to pricing.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 4/23/14, 12:26 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Issues do happen time to time & I was not here when that thread was started. We have a lot of credibility & support on the forums. I can assure you have nothing to worry about when you order from Steeda. My email address is tim@steeda.com & can be reached anytime during the day & at night. Our parts are made in the U.S.A. & have a lifetime warranty. We recommend a Tech install instructions here - http://www.steeda.com/store/uploads/555-8126-1.pdf That setup will need a special spring. Part # 223-1810B0200 is a 200lb spring for the rear. Are you using your car on the track or is it just a street car that you want to be able to adjust the rear height? Send me an email to tim@steeda.com ... lets discuss what you are doing & how we can get you into a package that is suited for your goals. We can run the #'s and see what we can do for you in regards to pricing. Best Regards, TJ
TJ... I shot you a pm. Thx
Old 4/23/14, 01:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
I wouldn't bother with coilovers.

Just get the Steeda Sport springs with the Konis and enjoy the ride.

I do.
Old 4/23/14, 03:23 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
i kinda think he's bored with his money. got the taste with the blower. then decided to add the wheels. now suspension

i get why I'm doing it, I'm dyin' here. dunno why he's modding his garage queen to the moon. someone needs to buy Burton an X-Box.
Some people golf.
Some people go on elaborate vacations every year.

We all have our vices.... mine is my car

Originally Posted by Horspla
Burton,

Just my opinion but unless you’re going to track your car, coil overs are a lot of money for not on a street driven car but I do agree the cool factor is there. If you’re insistent on going coil over, do it on all four corners and get a set tuned specifically for the S197 Mustang. Unless you know the chassis and the individual components you select to build your suspension, your choices could lead to expensive mistakes that result in very sub-par handling.

John
Originally Posted by Gabe
I wouldn't bother with coilovers.

Just get the Steeda Sport springs with the Konis and enjoy the ride.

I do.
yeah, I'm not going to go with the full coilovers....
Old 4/23/14, 03:33 PM
I Have No Life

getting ready to pull the trigger on

Steeda Competition springs
Steeda upper strut mounts ('11 - '14)
Koni Yellow front struts ('11 - '14)

I'll just reuse the stock bump stops and and sleeves, since I'll have to sell my Ford K Springs anyways. Anyone interested in those?
Old 4/23/14, 03:37 PM
Banned

have you considered buying from American Muscle? (lol)
Old 4/23/14, 03:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
getting ready to pull the trigger on

Steeda Competition springs
Steeda upper strut mounts ('11 - '14)
Koni Yellow front struts ('11 - '14)

I'll just reuse the stock bump stops and and sleeves, since I'll have to sell my Ford K Springs anyways. Anyone interested in those?
How much?
Old 4/23/14, 04:02 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
have you considered buying from American Muscle? (lol)
Ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha… Danielle you got to stop making those jokes so late in the day. I literally almost fell off my seat. Folks here at work are wondering what all the commotion is in my office

Originally Posted by Thomas S
How much?
Pm forthcoming

Dang you guys are fast. Is it because I take care of my stuff so well and nothing sees rain? . I have a feeling if I ever tried to sell my car on this forum it might not take long? Lol
Old 4/23/14, 04:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha ha Ha… Danielle you got to stop making those jokes so late in the day. I literally almost fell off my seat. Folks here at work are wondering what all the commotion is in my office

Pm forthcoming

Dang you guys are fast. Is it because I take care of my stuff so well and nothing sees rain? . I have a feeling if I ever tried to sell my car on this forum it might not take long? Lol
I probably would if I could afford it.
Old 4/23/14, 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by narphenal
Check out the Vorshlag Bilstein setup.

This ^^^^
Especially if you don't want to mess with adjusting the shocks/struts.
Or for about the same price point the Ground Control Coilover kit
http://www.ground-control-store.com/...p/II=929/CA=96

The GC Kit and the Bilstein setup both use a shortened shock to work better with the drop springs. The shortened shock is more beneficial when your trying to maintain a better ride.
Old 4/23/14, 04:55 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
I have neither Burton.
But, I did read this on the Ground Force link you posted and would do more research, but I would lean towards GF.
Good luck bro.

Ground Control works very hard with Eibach USA to make these springs to the standards that you demand. Lifetime guarantee on everything, not just springs. No excuses about "racing" or "special". If anything fails, while being correctly installed, it will be taken care of, period. We can only have a guarantee like this because every single part of the Ground Control Street coil-over kit is made by us or someone we trust. None of these parts are made in Taiwan. Everything is made in the USA.

Quick Reply: Help me decide: Steeda or Ground Control