Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Having SYNC Troubles...

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/10, 02:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having SYNC Troubles...

i know this may be the wrong part of the forum but i figured this would be a good spot since a majority of 2010+'s have SYNC. anyways, is anyone else experiencing phone troubles when SYNC won't connect with the phone? that's what im experiencing (2010 Ford Focus). SYNC doesn't connect with my phone anymore and when it does it disconnects not too long after it connects. i checked to make sure bluetooth was enabled on my phone and it is. anyone else going or went through this?
Old 12/6/10, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what phone you using?

on my blackberry i had to take the battery out, delete it from sync and re-set it up
Old 12/6/10, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have sometimes had issues with sync connecting with my phone (nokia 6133) not a smart phone by any means.Noticed my bluetooth symbol on the phone is on & still won't connect every time.

The last 2 times my phone somehow turned the bluetooth off.Could not get it to turn back on through the menu.Had to turn the phone off remove the battery & sim card put it all back together & the BT turned back on.WIERD!

I just figured it was the phone & not the sync not so sure now.
Old 12/6/10, 02:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
what phone you using?

on my blackberry i had to take the battery out, delete it from sync and re-set it up
i have an LG wine red phone..its just an orginary flip phone.
Old 12/6/10, 02:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Are you following the instructions? I thought I was adding my phone correctly by pairing a "Bluetooth Device" but that was actually the wrong area. Once I read the instructions it worked like a champ.
Old 12/6/10, 02:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Adam
Are you following the instructions? I thought I was adding my phone correctly by pairing a "Bluetooth Device" but that was actually the wrong area. Once I read the instructions it worked like a champ.
i wasnt even the one who paired my phone with SYNC. one of the salesman paired my phone with SYNC the day me and my gpa picked it up. ever since then its been connecting everytime i put the key in the ignition until recently. i mean its not a big deal since i dont use the phone while im driving, i'd just like to know what the issue is.
Old 12/6/10, 03:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Red Jay
i wasnt even the one who paired my phone with SYNC. one of the salesman paired my phone with SYNC the day me and my gpa picked it up. ever since then its been connecting everytime i put the key in the ignition until recently. i mean its not a big deal since i dont use the phone while im driving, i'd just like to know what the issue is.
This happens to me all the time in my F-150. I don't even enable bluetooth on my phone anymore. Between the spotty voice recognition and the vehicle health report interjecting randomly during the course of my commute I wonder why I wanted SYNC in the first place.
Old 12/6/10, 03:54 PM
V6 Member

You need to do a master reboot on your Sync. Delete Sync from your phone and reconnect your phone after the Sync master reboot. This process does not take long at all. My phone is a Blackberry storm II.
Old 12/6/10, 04:25 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I haven't had any issues. My phone is garbage too (HTC Touch ugh). Whenever there's an issue its always my phone turning my bluetooth antenna off.
Old 12/6/10, 08:09 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have this problem occasionally, maybe 1 day out of every 10. Google Nexus One.

I just turn off the phone bluetooth and then turn it back on. Fixes it every time.
Old 12/6/10, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2008 Shelby GT
You need to do a master reboot on your Sync. Delete Sync from your phone and reconnect your phone after the Sync master reboot. This process does not take long at all. My phone is a Blackberry storm II.
+1 This is what i did and it's been good ever since.
Old 12/6/10, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Angry

Good sugestion I will try it. My Sync stinks, direction does not work good, phone calls, etc. I get upset of giving the same order, but system does not aknowledge it. Good thing that I did not bought my car based on it. I can live without it.
Old 12/7/10, 07:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Red Jay, if I were to guess, you are probably with Verizon, no? (Some Alltel phones will do this as well.)
If you are here is how to fix your issue...1.) Go into your phone and delete your SYNC connection. 2.) In your car do the same-delete your phone from SYNC. 3.) Prepare your phone and car for pairing. 4.) Proceed with pairing, when you get to the point where it asks you to download phonebook-select NO. Continue with other prompts-answering them as you would like the system to function. 5.) After the phone is paired, Go to Phone Settings>Autodownload>Select Autodownload off.
To manually download your phonebook, go back to Phone settings>Modify Phonebook>Download Phonebook> Select yes.
Verizon uses a code to allow access to the phone book, when SYNC goes to connect with the phone, it is unable to complete the connection due to it's inability to satisfy the phones code request. Shutting off the Autodownload "corrects" this. The down side is if you do change your phone book, you have to do a manual download to update SYNC. Not sure if there will be a software update to address this issue or not.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Tiberius1701; 12/8/10 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12/8/10, 02:48 PM
Cobra Member

what exactly is a master reboot?
Old 12/8/10, 03:19 PM
Cobra Member

FWIW, i have had my droid x for about 2 months now and never had an issue

on my storm2, i had to reboot sync like 3 times in a month
Old 12/8/10, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

got it fixed! for now........just deleted SYNC from my phone and vise versa. however im pissed that it took this long to set up JUST BECAUSE i was pressing the wrong side of the OK/Phone button >_______________<