2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

front license plate bracket inlcuded no charge on window sticker

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/12, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front license plate bracket inlcuded no charge on window sticker

if the windo sticker says front license plate bracket included at no charge. What does this mean? Does the front bumper have holes drilled in already? i wanna buy this car but want my front to look clean.
Old 6/16/12, 08:37 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It comes from the factory in the trunk and the dealer installs it, no holes in the bumper until the bracket gets installed.

If you order the car you MIGHT be able to get the dealer to not install it. Many have done it, some have asked for it only to find that the dealer installed it anyway because someone didn't get the message.
Old 6/16/12, 08:39 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
They mainly only install the front plate holder if you are in a state that requires front plates.
Old 6/16/12, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got my dealer not to install the factory bracket ,took it with me before the car went to pre-delivery inspection ! Presently without a front plate, but working on hooking up a fold down bracket.
Old 6/16/12, 10:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Our state requires the front plate, but my dealer still called and asked if I wanted it put on or not....as much as I hate the look and feel they are totally useless, I told him to go ahead and add, otherwise 1 mile down the road I would have been stopped for not having it....
Old 6/16/12, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

I told my dealer not to drill my bumper or to mount the front plate. Even though there is a front plate law here I have never been hassled for no front plate. In NY they will pull you over quicker having the plate on your visor or dash then not having it showing at all or at least this has been my experience. Since my dealer deals with Roush's I am pretty confident they won't screw up.
Old 6/16/12, 01:47 PM
V6 Member

I was actually surprised when my dealer asked me if I wanted to have the front drilled or not. Even though it's illegal to not have it here in NY, I told him no; I've got a drill-less bracket from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets I'll be using.
Old 6/16/12, 02:02 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I told my dealer, when ordering my pony new, I will refuse delivery if anyone touches my car off the truck, moreso put holes for front plates. No one has touched Marilyn but me....
Old 6/16/12, 07:57 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually got to my car before the dealer automatically installed it, been three years running and still no problems from the police.
Old 6/17/12, 10:27 PM
GT Member

I used to live in Texas where they required front plates and ran without one for years. A cop would have to really pay attention to catch you. Think about all the out of state cars that come through from states that don't require front plates. He'd have to first see the car from the back and front and then ID the plate as being from his state, all in the 2 seconds he to look as it's passing. I've even been pulled over in Texas and never had them look up front.

I'm just glad I live in a state with no front plate requirement now.
Old 6/17/12, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Anyone know of a bracket for the MCA grille yet?
Old 6/18/12, 02:32 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by viiStang
Anyone know of a bracket for the MCA grille yet?
My dealer was great the entire way. Ordering, sale and delivery with any and all requests I had regarding my GT/Premium. No holes drilled anywhere except only two for the rear plate as I requested. They will usually drill 4 holes for the rear, but I only use the top 2 for mounting the plate/frame. NO Dealer emblems, etc.
My dealer lady said that they are under no obligation by law what so ever, to drill for or install that front plate bracket.
If they did install it, they drill the holes in the bumper and then Rivet the bracket onto the bumper.

I found a site on the internet, on how to mount the front factory plate bracket without drilling any holes or adding aftermarket brackets etc. It works flawlessly and looks great under the bumper in the bottom grill area. You can remove it and reinstall it anytime you want. I stumbled onto this site, but if anyone needs info on it I can search and try to find it again, or describe this simple yet perfect way to install the factory front bracket. No holes, and no money. Well maybe just a few dollars at you local hardware or Homedepot etc.

Oh, and by the way, the factory DOES make 2 tiny partial punture indents into the bumper where the factory bracket will go. I guess so the dealers can't screw up the centering of the bumper for mounting. You can see them on the bumper if you look for them. TOO BAD!!! So it's still not actually a perfectly clean bumper. My car is black, so maybe it's more obvious.

Well, Happy Motoring,
Old 6/18/12, 06:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2012WhiteGT
I used to live in Texas where they required front plates and ran without one for years. A cop would have to really pay attention to catch you. Think about all the out of state cars that come through from states that don't require front plates. He'd have to first see the car from the back and front and then ID the plate as being from his state, all in the 2 seconds he to look as it's passing. I've even been pulled over in Texas and never had them look up front.
Originally Posted by GreenCars
In NY they will pull you over quicker having the plate on your visor or dash then not having it showing at all or at least this has been my experience.
^ this, there're a million cars from FL & PA in NY that don't have front plates. if you're not running a plate, leave it at home, putting it in your window is just as illegal only makes it completely obvious

the only time i've ever gotten a ticket was parked at the train station, twice in the last 3 yrs. just plead not guilty and they dropped it to something less, which is funny cause i didn't think there was anything less than no front plate , had to pay $10 once and $15 the other, town court, think they just make stuff up as they go
Old 6/18/12, 03:44 PM
GT Member

Depends on the dealer. My car was sitting on the lot for a month and it still has the bracket in the trunk.

At another dealer, where I ordered from. They make you sign a waiver if you don't want the bracket installed.

And front plates are required in CA.
Old 6/18/12, 04:31 PM

Being a California dealer, we always install the front bracket on vehicles. Unless of course the customer states they do not want it. If they don't let us know, it's going on as we've had trouble in years past with customers coming back, angry at us, after getting a ticket when we didn't put it on.

I chose to not have mine put on and have yet to have a problem in a little over a year of driving the Mustang.
Old 6/18/12, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Front plates do not belong on Mustangs, Vettes, Ford GT's, Vipers, Lambo's, etc.. the econobox absolutely.. IMO
Old 6/18/12, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

If you have the holes you can order exact paint match plugs from Bumperplugs.com

I've used them before and they have almost every color.
Old 6/18/12, 06:04 PM
GT Member

From the pics they look more noticeable than the holes.
Old 6/18/12, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't get what the big deal is with the front license plate. Those of you with custom plates should be dying to show it off? :shrugs:
Old 6/18/12, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShadowFox
From the pics they look more noticeable than the holes.
It really depends, the ones I had were smaller and weren't as noticeable.

Quick Reply: front license plate bracket inlcuded no charge on window sticker