Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford Stock Ownership X-Plan PIN request form. Will work for 2010 Mustang!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/10, 03:12 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was definitely worth it for me. In my case I found a car with 5000 miles on it that was pretty much identical to what I would havee ordered, only 13k$ less after taxes. I made my purchase when the dollar was at par.
Old 1/24/10, 06:11 PM

I'm new to this board. I own a 2004 F150, and I'm considering trading it in on a 2010 GT. How exactly does the X-Plan work? I already have some stock in Ford because I believe in the Company. Can I buy off the lot, or do I have to order one?
Old 1/24/10, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
It was definitely worth it for me. In my case I found a car with 5000 miles on it that was pretty much identical to what I would havee ordered, only 13k$ less after taxes. I made my purchase when the dollar was at par.
So you bought a used car, may have saved less with a new car obviously. We'll definately have to wait for the CDN price list to come out sometimes ( hopefully soon) to make comparaison.
Hey PT, are u in the market for a '2011 ? Just asking, cuz we maybe 3 canucks from the same area willing to go get it down south. The other being Rick from Blainville. I'M personnaly from Laval. Keep us posted, your experience may come in handy.
Old 1/24/10, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by phgadd
I'm new to this board. I own a 2004 F150, and I'm considering trading it in on a 2010 GT. How exactly does the X-Plan work? I already have some stock in Ford because I believe in the Company. Can I buy off the lot, or do I have to order one?
I believe that whether you but it from the lot or order it doesn't make any difference. This is what Ford stipulates regarding stock shares for getting x-plan according to Jeff who posted the info here earlier.
Quote:
You now must own a minimum 100 shares and have to keep them for 6 months before they will give you a PIN number. They changed this not too long ago. It stinks but its something they had to do, to keep people from dumping the shares after buying a car.
Old 1/24/10, 08:16 PM

Thanks, Montreal. I'm good on both counts.
Old 1/24/10, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Lou, I'll be happy to order the car for you and I can have it drop-shipped to you. Just drop me a PM or give me a call sometime and we can chat about things.

Lou, Ford did change the stipulations on the stock purchases though. You now must own a minimum 100 shares and have to keep them for 6 months before they will give you a PIN number. They changed this not too long ago. It stinks but its something they had to do, to keep people from dumping the shares after buying a car.
Thanks Jeff for the update...I'll have my wife (who works for our Financial Planner) order the stocks first thing tomorrow (Monday 25 Jan). I see Ford stock going up and was planning on ordering a significant amount anyway...Who knows, maybe I’ll double my money when it comes time to buy my 2011

Last edited by Lou_n_Ada; 1/24/10 at 09:30 PM.
Old 1/25/10, 07:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Jeff,

It would be a huge favour to us Canucks if you could figure out how to order the car from the factory with the DRL's enabled. If that not possible, then I know that there is supposed to be a way to configure the Smart Junction Box to enable them. I know this because there have been U.S. owners who received replacement SJB's with the DRL's on. They were able to get them turned off with Ford's help, as the procedure is not covered in the service manuals.

This will have us from having to pay to get a separate DRL module installed, which isn't original and is more expensive to get done.

Thanks again for all the info!
Hey Chris, the only way to order DRLs in the US is if you have a vaild FIN code (this is a Fleet Identification Number). Its a Fleet only option. Sorry to say.
Old 1/25/10, 10:07 AM
FR500 Member

Hey Chris, the only way to order DRLs in the US is if you have a vaild FIN code (this is a Fleet Identification Number). Its a Fleet only option. Sorry to say.
Thanks Jeff,

Could you ask your shop guys to find out how to 'turn on' the DRL's then? Your guys could get the work to service the cars before they leave.
Old 1/25/10, 10:15 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
So you bought a used car, may have saved less with a new car obviously. We'll definately have to wait for the CDN price list to come out sometimes ( hopefully soon) to make comparaison.
Hey PT, are u in the market for a '2011 ? Just asking, cuz we maybe 3 canucks from the same area willing to go get it down south. The other being Rick from Blainville. I'M personnaly from Laval. Keep us posted, your experience may come in handy.
I am very much considering getting the '11. The one thing holding be back is that I would want to get a coupe so I could run it at iCar. However, I find myself very reluctant to let go of my convertible. So I'm still on the fence at the moment.

Regarding the importation process. US Customs requires us to deliver the ORIGINAL title to the port of entry 3 business days before the car can leave the country. In my case, I wasn't prepared to buy a used car sight unseen, so I caught an early flight to Newark, grabbed a one-way rental car to the dealership, inspected and bought the car, then drove back to Lacolle to drop off the papers that evening. I then spent the next 72 hours tooling around Vermont getting to know my ride.

If you're pressed for time, you would need to wire Jeff the $, then he could FedEx the title to the border ahead of time so you can pick up the car and drive home in the same day.

I don't know what the case is for PA, but in NY where I bought my car I received a 30 day transit sticker, so that was the effective limit for me to complete the paperwork without having to take the car off the road. If I recall correctly, that will be our limit for getting the process done, as you can't get the Quebec inspection without the RIV sticker, and you can't get to the inspection without the transit. Having said that, during the entire time I was using the transit sticker (which wasn't always clearly displayed when the top was down) the cops never looked twice at me.

Last edited by PTRocks; 1/25/10 at 10:20 AM.
Old 1/25/10, 11:05 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It looks like it would be worth it on a GT500, but I'm not sure on the GT.
Equally equiped before any discount, just MSRP, the price is within 4k, before any taxes and fees.

GT500 however, the difference is over 10k.

Am I right in thinking that it has to be purchased outright, you can't finance it.
Old 1/25/10, 11:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

Could you ask your shop guys to find out how to 'turn on' the DRL's then? Your guys could get the work to service the cars before they leave.
Hey bud, I'll talk to one of the techs later today and see if he knows how to do it. We don't really make them functional as its not something we see very often, but I'll see what I can find out.
Old 1/25/10, 11:21 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Equally equiped before any discount, just MSRP, the price is within 4k, before any taxes and fees.

Am I right in thinking that it has to be purchased outright, you can't finance it.
You won't be able to finance it with Ford. You will need to go through your bank.
Old 1/25/10, 12:02 PM
V6 Member

You won't be able to finance it with Ford. You will need to go through your bank.
Does anyone on here from Canada know if a Canadian bank will finance a car if you are buying it in the U.S.?
Old 1/25/10, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by financialpanther
Does anyone on here from Canada know if a Canadian bank will finance a car if you are buying it in the U.S.?
I heard they won't do it for cars... maybe you can get it as a personal loan...
Old 1/25/10, 02:41 PM
FR500 Member

Hey bud, I'll talk to one of the techs later today and see if he knows how to do it. We don't really make them functional as its not something we see very often, but I'll see what I can find out.
Thanks Jeff!
Old 1/25/10, 05:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RickyD
I heard they won't do it for cars... maybe you can get it as a personal loan...
Right on Rick, a personnal loan would do it. Well, all that we have to do now, is wait for that price list to come out. When do you guys think it should come out ! I know we're always behind when it comes to car prices, but heck it's been out for a week now on the U.S side.
As far are DRL's is concerned, i don't see a problem having them made fonctionnal at a dealership around here. I already have my place.
Old 1/25/10, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer

I wondered the same about the cost of a GT here as oppose to getting it down there. No price list-----no chance to compare. So then Boom, we won't have the choice but get a 500.
Old 1/25/10, 05:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Jeff, do you have any idea when the Canadian price list will come out ? Thanks for your time. Go get a coffe now, it's on me.
Old 1/25/10, 08:52 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'll check again for ya Dan, but no word back so far.
Old 1/25/10, 10:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered my 100 shares today...Come 1 Aug, I'll request my PIN and order my Mustang...Oh Yeah!

Quick Reply: Ford Stock Ownership X-Plan PIN request form. Will work for 2010 Mustang!!