Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford Stock Ownership X-Plan PIN request form. Will work for 2010 Mustang!!

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/10, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Rick, as soon as the GT500 guide and pricing comes out, I'll give you a heads up. I had taken a deposit on one, but the fellow had to cancel due to other things, but if your interested I should be able to get a few cars for 2011. I know I'm already talking to a fellow forum member about one too.
Sounds good Jeff, can't wait to get some infos about it.
Old 1/22/10, 01:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
What does it take to bring a car across.

As long as the warranty is covered at ford.ca dealers, I'd be on that wagon too, even for a GT.
I know smaller cars aren't worth it, but larger prices cars are.
Old 1/22/10, 02:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lsanch33
Guys . . . . . I know for a fact Ford used to void warranties on people who bought cars "across the border" with the intent of saving money. Be CAREFUL. But I guess for $10K . .. . . it may be a good risk.
Ford warranties are good at all Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury dealers in the USA and Canada. Says so right in the warranty booklet that comes with the car.

I work at a dealer that's just 2 hours from the Canadian border, so we sell to Canadians regularly (especially when the Canadian dollar is stronger than the US dollar). For information on importing vehicles into Canada please go to this site... http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html
Old 1/22/10, 07:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boomer
What does it take to bring a car across.

As long as the warranty is covered at ford.ca dealers, I'd be on that wagon too, even for a GT.
I know smaller cars aren't worth it, but larger prices cars are.
I'm seriously thinking about it too Boom. Just waiting on the Canadian prices, and then i'll start comparing, our dollar should be at par with the U.S soon they say, so this gets very interesting indeed. Will soon have a chat with Jeff.

Last edited by montreal ponies; 1/22/10 at 07:57 PM.
Old 1/22/10, 07:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here is a more comprehensive site. Better suited for our needs for importing a motor vehicle from the U.S of A.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...-index-445.htm

Last edited by montreal ponies; 1/22/10 at 08:12 PM.
Old 1/22/10, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
I'm seriously thinking about it too Boom. Just waiting on the Canadian prices, and then i'll start comparing, our dollar should be at par with the U.S soon they say, so this gets very interesting indeed. Will soon have a chat with Jeff.
So lets add a third musketers to your group guys, i am also in for a GT500
Old 1/22/10, 08:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RickyD
So lets add a third musketers to your group guys, i am also in for a GT500
Just had a quick look at the fees, not that bad, but something i'd have to look into is whether or not Ontario as that same provincial sales tax (PST) we have here, which 6.5 % or something. Of course it clearly states that you have to pay the GST (5%) . SO getting that car through an Ontario port of entry would save us Quebec buyers 1 tax. Just like we did when going to the all Ford show in PA a few years ago and buying well over $3000 worth of parts and getting them into Canada through the Ontario border to save one tax. Hum......
Old 1/22/10, 08:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

JEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, are u there. Please let us know when you have time what is the PA state tax for you guys when selling a vehicle for exportation. Thanks
Old 1/22/10, 08:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

If your vehicle qualifies for importation, you must register it in the RIV program when you report to the CBSA office upon arrival in Canada. The RIV program registration fee is $195 plus the goods and services tax (GST) (and the Quebec sales tax for vehicles entering through a port in Quebec). You also have to pay any customs and other import assessments, including taxes, that may apply. You then have 45 days to have the necessary changes made to your vehicle and have it inspected. You are responsible for all costs incurred to modify your vehicle in order for it to meet Transport Canada requirements.
You cannot license your vehicle in Canada until it is modified and passes the federal inspection from the RIV. Before importing your vehicle, call the RIV at the number listed in the section called "Additional information" to ensure that it qualifies under the RIV program.
Old 1/22/10, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I started this thread to help people save some cash on a new vehicle purchase by buying a few shares (i.e 1 SHARE AT MINIMUM) to get an X-Plan PIN number. A process VERY FEW knew about!! I never said to purchase thousands of shares and sell it off as soon as you get your PIN number! Your reading into this WAY TOO MUCH!! You buy one share at $2.75 and it drops 50% and you sell (if you sell, which is silly to), you lost your few dollar investment! BIG DEAL! You saved well over that on the car purchase.
Jeff...as soon as you stated that there is no minimum number of stocks to buy, we know what you meant...thanks for the info...this is info you don't hear about very often. Please keep us informed. By the way, Can I order my car through you and have it sent to me in Oklahoma?
Old 1/22/10, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Just had a quick look at the fees, not that bad, but something i'd have to look into is whether or not Ontario as that same provincial sales tax (PST) we have here, which 6.5 % or something. Of course it clearly states that you have to pay the GST (5%) . SO getting that car through an Ontario port of entry would save us Quebec buyers 1 tax. Just like we did when going to the all Ford show in PA a few years ago and buying well over $3000 worth of parts and getting them into Canada through the Ontario border to save one tax. Hum......
Quebec tax is 7.5% and Ontario tax is 8%... of course the 5% GST always applies.

I will buy this car with my company, so taxes are not an issue for me...
Old 1/23/10, 06:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, are u there. Please let us know when you have time what is the PA state tax for you guys when selling a vehicle for exportation. Thanks
Hey bud, I'm back. at 10:35 pm, the time of your post, I was asleep . PA sales tax for selling cars to people who register them is only 6%. Its 8 % if you live in Philadelphia. If you have any questions, let me know. I'll look forward to talking to you soon in regards to a car.
Old 1/23/10, 06:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
Jeff...as soon as you stated that there is no minimum number of stocks to buy, we know what you meant...thanks for the info...this is info you don't hear about very often. Please keep us informed. By the way, Can I order my car through you and have it sent to me in Oklahoma?
Hey Lou, I'll be happy to order the car for you and I can have it drop-shipped to you. Just drop me a PM or give me a call sometime and we can chat about things.

Lou, Ford did change the stipulations on the stock purchases though. You now must own a minimum 100 shares and have to keep them for 6 months before they will give you a PIN number. They changed this not too long ago. It stinks but its something they had to do, to keep people from dumping the shares after buying a car.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 1/23/10 at 06:13 AM.
Old 1/23/10, 03:49 PM
GT Member

Lou, Ford did change the stipulations on the stock purchases though. You now must own a minimum 100 shares and have to keep them for 6 months before they will give you a PIN number. They changed this not too long ago. It stinks but its something they had to do, to keep people from dumping the shares after buying a car.
Okay, that just TOTALLY threw a wrench into my purchase plans. :-/
Old 1/23/10, 04:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Quebec tax is 7.5% and Ontario tax is 8%... of course the 5% GST always applies.

I will buy this car with my company, so taxes are not an issue for me...

What i'm referring to Rick is, being a Quebec resident, you wouldn't have to pay the Ontario tax since this car would be registered in Quebec. Same goes if you're an Ontario resident and crossing through a Quebec point of entry. You wouldn't have to pay the Quebec PST since this car would end up on the Ontario side . I'll check into that next week.
Old 1/23/10, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

What i'm referring to Rick is, being a Quebec resident, you wouldn't have to pay the Ontario tax since this car would be registered in Quebec. Same goes if you're an Ontario resident and crossing through a Quebec point of entry. You wouldn't have to pay the Quebec PST since this car would end up on the Ontario side . I'll check into that next week.
Dan,
Since you do not buy it from an ontario Ford dealer, i am not sure about saving the PST.
Keep me posted about what you found.
Old 1/23/10, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dan,
Since you do not buy it from an ontario Ford dealer, i am not sure about saving the PST.
Keep me posted about what you found.
If buying used car parts works the same way as buying a new car down on the U.S side, you shouldn't have to. But maybe i'm wrong. But last time i was down in PA for the all Ford show, i bought a couple K's worth of car parts and went through an Ontario point of entry and didn't have to pay PST since i was a Quebec resident. Will dig this up next week when i have time.
Old 1/24/10, 11:50 AM
FR500 Member

I went through this when I bought my car in 2008.

You pay the GST, RIV fee, and any duties (Mustangs are exempt) at any port of entry. You will pay the QST when you register the car, regardless of where you purchased it, or where you brought it into Canada.

As for the federal inspection, the cost is included in the RIV fee. All Canadian Tire stores are registered to do the inspections. The inspection is to ensure that the car meets Canadian specs. The exact items to be inspected vary by car model and year of manufacture. In the case of my 2007 GT, it was only for the DRL's.

One nice thing was that the RIV had the recall info for my car available to them, so I didn't need to ask for the recall clearance letter from Ford.

There is a separate full inspection required for cars coming into Quebec. There are only a few garages able to do it. In Montreal it's the CAA garage on Notre-Dame O. The cost for that inspection is ~100$, but covers every aspect of the car.

Last edited by PTRocks; 1/24/10 at 11:52 AM.
Old 1/24/10, 11:59 AM
FR500 Member

Hey Jeff,

It would be a huge favour to us Canucks if you could figure out how to order the car from the factory with the DRL's enabled. If that not possible, then I know that there is supposed to be a way to configure the Smart Junction Box to enable them. I know this because there have been U.S. owners who received replacement SJB's with the DRL's on. They were able to get them turned off with Ford's help, as the procedure is not covered in the service manuals.

This will have us from having to pay to get a separate DRL module installed, which isn't original and is more expensive to get done.

Thanks again for all the info!
Old 1/24/10, 02:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I went through this when I bought my car in 2008.

You pay the GST, RIV fee, and any duties (Mustangs are exempt) at any port of entry. You will pay the QST when you register the car, regardless of where you purchased it, or where you brought it into Canada.

As for the federal inspection, the cost is included in the RIV fee. All Canadian Tire stores are registered to do the inspections. The inspection is to ensure that the car meets Canadian specs. The exact items to be inspected vary by car model and year of manufacture. In the case of my 2007 GT, it was only for the DRL's.

One nice thing was that the RIV had the recall info for my car available to them, so I didn't need to ask for the recall clearance letter from Ford.

There is a separate full inspection required for cars coming into Quebec. There are only a few garages able to do it. In Montreal it's the CAA garage on Notre-Dame O. The cost for that inspection is ~100$, but covers every aspect of the car.
Well, thanks for the clarifications PT, i won't have to bother making phone calls all over the place.
I guess it's not the same as buying used car parts. Let me ask you in the case of your '08, was it worth it going through all that PITA for saving a few bucks. What's interesting now, is that our dollar is almost at par with the U.S currency. SO i don't mind getting my car with say Jeff in PA which is the nearest from here, but i want to make sure to save a few grands when all is done, taxes paid for, registered and street legal. Then i'll take the bus down to PA. That is unless Jeff comes up here and pick me up !

Last edited by montreal ponies; 1/24/10 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Ford Stock Ownership X-Plan PIN request form. Will work for 2010 Mustang!!