Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford Stock Ownership X-Plan PIN request form. Will work for 2010 Mustang!!

Old 11/13/09, 02:22 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 100 share purchase got started today! Just waiting on the transaction to complete now...THANKS JEFF for all the info.

PS- I didn't know how much the stock would be worth by the time my funds transfered so I just estimated $860. After all the fees and everything today my total came out to.... $858.95
Old 11/13/09, 03:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
My 100 share purchase got started today! Just waiting on the transaction to complete now...THANKS JEFF for all the info.

PS- I didn't know how much the stock would be worth by the time my funds transfered so I just estimated $860. After all the fees and everything today my total came out to.... $858.95
No problem bud. Glad to help out!
Old 11/24/09, 06:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jeff, so whats the better deal owning the FORD STOCK OR X PLAN

IN ORDER TO GET BEST DEAL?
Old 11/24/09, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elvism
Owning the Ford stock gives you x-plan pricing after 6 months...
Old 11/25/09, 07:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by elvism
If you have Ford stock, this gets you the opportunity to get a PIN number for X-Plan. This way, a dealer can not sell you a car for over the price of X-Plan. You will save on the price of the car by having X-Plan, as it gets you a price just over invoice, rather than paying $600 or more over invoice. Now that said, since Ford changed the rules, the deal isn't as appealing as once before. Before you didn't have to have a minimum amount of shares, and you didn't have to wait for 6 months of ownership. Now you do. Plus also, the shares have jumped in value by over 400% (currently priced at just under $9 a share, from a low of around $1.50 or so). Its all up to you what you want to do.
Old 11/25/09, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

thanks jeff...i can get the X plan through my wifes

work so i guess i dont need to buy the stock..
Old 11/26/09, 12:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
If you have Ford stock, this gets you the opportunity to get a PIN number for X-Plan. This way, a dealer can not sell you a car for over the price of X-Plan. You will save on the price of the car by having X-Plan, as it gets you a price just over invoice, rather than paying $600 or more over invoice. Now that said, since Ford changed the rules, the deal isn't as appealing as once before. Before you didn't have to have a minimum amount of shares, and you didn't have to wait for 6 months of ownership. Now you do. Plus also, the shares have jumped in value by over 400% (currently priced at just under $9 a share, from a low of around $1.50 or so). Its all up to you what you want to do.
Hi There,

Do you know if the X-Plan can apply to any Ford car? More specifically a GT500? Or is it at the dealer's discretion?

Thanks!
Old 11/26/09, 03:57 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
My Dad just ordered a 2010 Taurus. He is a disabled Veteran and is going to get an X-Plan discount. I'm a disabled Veteran too and will be getting an X-Plan discount when i order my 2011 Mustang. That's what the car salesman told me and my Dad.

This is true.....right? An X-Plan for disabled Veterans?
Old 11/26/09, 08:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by financialpanther
Hi There,

Do you know if the X-Plan can apply to any Ford car? More specifically a GT500? Or is it at the dealer's discretion?

Thanks!
I am in the same boat, waiting for the 2011 GT500... they told me x-plan does not apply to SVT division vehicules.

I still managed to get a below MSRP deal (I know pricing is still unkonwn )... I will go leave a deposit next monday to be the first on their 2011 GT500 order list. They told me the order book will open in february for 2011 GT500. And production starts around March.

Last edited by RickyD; 11/26/09 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12/5/09, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone know if I can use the Xplan price for the 2011 V8 GTs while trading in my 2010 GT??

Joe
Old 12/5/09, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jocatch
Does anyone know if I can use the Xplan price for the 2011 V8 GTs while trading in my 2010 GT??

Joe
Absolutely Joe. Your trade-in has no bearing on the ability to use X-Plan. I already took a deposit from a good friend who works for Xerox for a 5 liter GT. If I were you, I would get a few different trade-in estimates on your 2010.
Old 12/5/09, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Jeff. Even though my GT is only 5 months old, the thought of upgrading to a car with 125+ more horse right from the factory w/o having to do any mods is overwhelming, assuming the financials of the deal work out. The way I see it my 2010 GT won't be worth more than what it is worth now in trade. Plus I can get the color I really really wanted but could not find with the options I wanted. Of course, I have no idea what the new prices are but I figure if I can order one I will pay just for the options I want and save money. Plus the options on my GT which I wasn't looking for (like 19" wheels, the comfort package and secuirty package) I don't need on the 2011 but should give me more in trade. I guess I have to wait till next month for more 2011 details...

Joe

P.S. I did go to one dealer to discuss trade in but he couldn't help me because his system didn't have the trade in prices of a 2010!!!

Absolutely Joe. Your trade-in has no bearing on the ability to use X-Plan. I already took a deposit from a good friend who works for Xerox for a 5 liter GT. If I were you, I would get a few different trade-in estimates on your 2010.

Last edited by jocatch; 12/5/09 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12/7/09, 06:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jocatch
Thanks Jeff. Even though my GT is only 5 months old, the thought of upgrading to a car with 125+ more horse right from the factory w/o having to do any mods is overwhelming, assuming the financials of the deal work out. The way I see it my 2010 GT won't be worth more than what it is worth now in trade. Plus I can get the color I really really wanted but could not find with the options I wanted. Of course, I have no idea what the new prices are but I figure if I can order one I will pay just for the options I want and save money. Plus the options on my GT which I wasn't looking for (like 19" wheels, the comfort package and secuirty package) I don't need on the 2011 but should give me more in trade. I guess I have to wait till next month for more 2011 details...

Joe

P.S. I did go to one dealer to discuss trade in but he couldn't help me because his system didn't have the trade in prices of a 2010!!!
Hey Joe, the dealer is stalling. He's a Ford dealer, and should easily know what a 2010 would be worth. Basically you take the invoice less all rebates available when the car is traded, and deduct a % of money on top of that. Sorry to hear they wouldn't give you an idea.
Old 12/16/09, 11:29 PM
MOTM Committee Member

this question is for Jeff or Brian,

Is it possible to buy a stang with the x-plan and costco pricing? If so do you guys have any idea how much of a discount it is?

thanks guys....
Old 12/17/09, 06:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
this question is for Jeff or Brian,

Is it possible to buy a stang with the x-plan and costco pricing? If so do you guys have any idea how much of a discount it is?

thanks guys....
Hey Jason, Its one or the other. Costco isn't something that is a "Ford" program. I believe Costco pricing about $200 over invoice if I recall. We aren't signed up for Costco, as there is a fee to pay for the priviledge to sell it (from what I have heard), plus, Costco will NOT allow two different dealers selling the same brand to sign up. No cross competiton. Since the Costco near us was already taken by another Ford store, we can't get in there. But when someone comes in with a Costco plan, and we did the research and found its $200 over invoice (I believe it is), then we just match the price for in-stock units. We tell customers if you want a car that is on another lot, we will charge a little more for getting it. That's even listed in the Costco rules at the bottom of the sales breakdown. Cars are to be "in stock". Cars out of stock may cost more. Also, there are a few exceptions to the list of vehicles too. So either use X-Plan if you get it, or use Costco if you have it. Not both. It won't work. Hope this helps bud.
Old 12/17/09, 01:43 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Hey Jason, Its one or the other. Costco isn't something that is a "Ford" program. I believe Costco pricing about $200 over invoice if I recall. We aren't signed up for Costco, as there is a fee to pay for the priviledge to sell it (from what I have heard), plus, Costco will NOT allow two different dealers selling the same brand to sign up. No cross competiton. Since the Costco near us was already taken by another Ford store, we can't get in there. But when someone comes in with a Costco plan, and we did the research and found its $200 over invoice (I believe it is), then we just match the price for in-stock units. We tell customers if you want a car that is on another lot, we will charge a little more for getting it. That's even listed in the Costco rules at the bottom of the sales breakdown. Cars are to be "in stock". Cars out of stock may cost more. Also, there are a few exceptions to the list of vehicles too. So either use X-Plan if you get it, or use Costco if you have it. Not both. It won't work. Hope this helps bud.
thanks Jeff

I think I'm just going to stick with the X-Plan then
Old 12/21/09, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Ford stocks are doing well these days...
Old 12/28/09, 12:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Stock is at $10.24 so far today. A nice 35% gain for me!
Old 12/28/09, 12:28 PM

Lots of good info in here, thanks for the invaluable info Jeff and others!
I've been purchasing/selling Ford stock since Halloween day, but haven't held on to them consecutively through that time. Hopefully I can just show a statement that shows my original purchase date? I'm currently sitting on 116 shares, planning on just camping on them until it's time to pay for the 2011 5.0 I plan on ordering!

Again, thanks for the info!!

Rich
Old 12/28/09, 12:54 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Hey Jeff, when should I submit the paper work to get a pin?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford Stock Ownership X-Plan PIN request form. Will work for 2010 Mustang!!