Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

To Don Cook & Gus Irizarry of Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/13, 12:26 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To Don Cook & Gus Irizarry of Steeda

To catch you guys up, my car over the past few months I was having some serious issues upon downshifting. It would let out a pretty good bang, when reaching 1st gear. It got so bad, I hated driving my car having to hear, and fear of damaging it.

I had contacted the company I got my tune from and was told that the car should adjust to the tune, and I said Ive had it long enough by now that it should have. Then they said to give it another couple days, and if no change I could contact them about a retune. Long story short I never got the run around, I never got anything but a cold shoulder. Worse possible customer service Ive ever had in my life.

So at this point I decided to reach out to Steeda last thursday and try to explain what I was going through. Why Steeda you ask? Well I had their cai already,and in the past I always had great experiences. So after getting in touch with Don Cook supplying him with a little info, he assured they could help me out. So while on the phone, within seconds I could hear Gus in the background say "Yep I found his problem" Turns out my shift points were all messed up. I had no pressure during any of my shifts. Scary stuff to hear lemme tell ya, but Don said he could have a new tune out to me tomorrow.

Today at noon, I recieved my tune from Gus and after a quick software update on my sf3, I was ready to upload. First thing I noticed was that the engine sounded healthier, I could actually hear the exhaust better! Then I slowly put her in gear, backed out and headed down the street towards my first stop. Every shift felt more direct and smooth, the way It should be. Then came the stop.......wait for it......NO BANG! Next stop samething, the whole car felt different. Its more responsive, I actually feel a difference in every aspect. A few mins later, Im head back on an empty backroad for the final test. A quick toe mash, and the front end leaps up and its getting squirrely...OMG, Im in love with my car again

I then quickly ran into the house, raced for the phone and called up Steeda. Then proceded to give Don my good news. I never gushed or beamed so much in my life. I cannot, absolutely cannot thank these guys enough.

Ready for this, they didnt charge me a cent. They now have a customer for life, as well as the other friends and family members that I have who own mustangs.

So again to Don Cook and Gus Irizarry of Steeda ty so very much!

Last edited by Praetorian730; 2/26/13 at 12:30 PM.
Old 2/26/13, 12:35 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Classy move by Steeda and you for relaying the story. They are a first class organization.
Old 2/26/13, 01:40 PM
GT Member

That's so cool of them to do since you didn't buy the original tune from them. Wow. They have a new customer in me now
Old 2/26/13, 01:43 PM
V6 Member

I'm very much a Steeda fan myself, love the support they've given me as well.
Old 2/26/13, 02:13 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,629 Posts
Yep this is the kind of stuff that can sway people on the fence about purchasing a product! Glad it worked out for you and very classy indeed of Steeda!!!
Old 2/26/13, 05:29 PM

I am still wating on picking up my 14 GT and have been on the fence this whole time about where to get my tune. And now i think i have been sold. There seems to be a lot of good places out there but you can argue with that type of service!! Thanks for the help!
Old 2/26/13, 05:40 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boom19
I am still wating on picking up my 14 GT and have been on the fence this whole time about where to get my tune. And now i think i have been sold. There seems to be a lot of good places out there but you can argue with that type of service!! Thanks for the help!
Absolutely anytime
Old 2/26/13, 06:02 PM
GT Member

I dont understand why people are so hesitant to call out bad vendors and tuners. If a company treats you like garbage, they deserve for everyone to know about it. OP who was your original tuner?
Old 2/26/13, 06:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ross
I dont understand why people are so hesitant to call out bad vendors and tuners. If a company treats you like garbage, they deserve for everyone to know about it. OP who was your original tuner?
I get where your coming from, but thats not the point of this post. Rather then degrade one company for there shortcomings. I want to praise and pass the word about steeda. That seems more beneficial and positive in the long run.
Old 2/26/13, 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Praetorian730

I get where your coming from, but thats not the point of this post. Rather then degrade one company for there shortcomings. I want to praise and pass the word about steeda. That seems more beneficial and positive in the long run.
Well at least let us know who NOT to buy one from ya know? Save others the heartache you had.
Old 2/26/13, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My first ever mail order tune came from Gus @ Steeda last year and it was his customer service that sold me. I probably have one of the mildest tunes on TMS and it makes my stock V6 mustang feel very responsive along with a revised shift schedule. It was 100% right out of the box. Thank you Steeda Gus!

Last edited by silverstate777; 2/27/13 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 2/26/13, 08:06 PM
GT Member

If its a big secret, then PM me.
Old 2/26/13, 10:26 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll be upgrading to a CAI & Tune shortly, this post sold me on Steeda - thanks
Old 2/27/13, 04:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great news and I'm glad that there are still companies out there that actually care about their customers. That's the most important part of a business, the customers. Without them there is no more business left.
Old 2/27/13, 06:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 2/27/13, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Got my Steeda 93 tune & Cai from Gus at 1,000 miles. Now have over 17,000 without a hiccup.

STEEDA Fo' life!
Old 2/27/13, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice to hear of a company stepping up like this. Anyone have experience with Steeda in Canada?
Old 2/27/13, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67
Well at least let us know who NOT to buy one from ya know? Save others the heartache you had.
I agree 100%.. It sounds to me someone didn't know what they were doing, and if thats the case I do not want one of their tunes in my car.

If you don't want to post it here, please PM me
Old 2/27/13, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BluehazeGT
Nice to hear of a company stepping up like this. Anyone have experience with Steeda in Canada?
Haven't heard anything good or bad from them. But I do know they write they're own tunes.
Old 2/27/13, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just bought a tune and CAI from steeda today. Let y'all know how it goes

Quick Reply: To Don Cook & Gus Irizarry of Steeda