Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diagnosed Transmission Whine Without Disassembling

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/11, 09:43 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blackgt87
Any special tools required should have been ordered when the parts were ordered, not 4 days later.
My 10 Chrysler had a steering issue. They needed an adapter to check the fluid pressure. I kept getting jerked for 4 weeks that the adapter hadn't arrived yet - and here I bought a new car and afraid to drive it!! So I wrote the CEO - man you should have seen how fast I was getting phone calls! lol They had the part in a few days, gave me a rental to drive, and finally got it fixed right (replaced the rack).

This dealer doesn't give rentals to anyone, they have a "shuttle" that will drop you off at home and pick you up when your car is done. That system kinda falls short when your car is in for a week.
I chose the Ford Dealer that is 1 1/2 hrs from me. They only do the shuttle thing too. Thankfully I haven't had any issues with my Bullitt.
Old 8/20/11, 09:51 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am glad bell ford is within 10 miles of me. They do the shuttle, loaner cars and rentals(if its warranty work).
Old 8/21/11, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the trans was back together and the car was done Saturday around noon.

It still whines. Not quite as bad as before but def still there.

They have ordered a new transmission, she said it would take some time because they will have to pull one off the assembly line. In the mean time I can drive my car so that's good.

I will update after the trans comes in.
Old 8/21/11, 01:23 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I guess the repair didn't take. So Ford is still guessing. Maybe if the trans was built in the US, they could just go to the route of the problem.
Sorry they didn't get it man.
Old 8/21/11, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So the trans was back together and the car was done Saturday around noon.

It still whines. Not quite as bad as before but def still there.

They have ordered a new transmission, she said it would take some time because they will have to pull one off the assembly line. In the mean time I can drive my car so that's good.

I will update after the trans comes in.

Keep the faith. They are working with you, and it appears you will be getting the new updated transmission, since it is coming off the line, someone mentioned was going into the '12 models now.
Old 8/21/11, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I am pleased so far. They are willing to replace the entire transmission. I can't think of anything more they could really do.

I didnt hear about an "updated" one though. What's different?
Old 8/23/11, 02:35 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek
Has Deysha, Ford Customer Service, got involved? She probably can help you on this.
Thanks, Hytek!
She said she escalated it and that a customer service person would call me the next day. I never heard from anyone.
The next day was the day that the dealer called me and said Ford authorized the work, so maybe thats what she meant.
I read over your case, blackgt87. The rep did speak to your dealer and arranged this with them and your Service Advisor stated she will call you.

Deysha
Old 8/25/11, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

There is a puddle of oil under my car, def not coming from the engine. I can only imagine the tech put something together wrong when he reassembled the transmission.

The dealer called just now and said the new transmission is on a truck and the tracking says delivery today. She made me an appointment for first thing Monday morning to swap the trans. She is pretty confident (and actually so am I) that it will be done Monday afternoon. The long parts of the last repair were them actually starting to work on it, waiting for parts and tools to be ordered, and the actual reassembly of the transmission.

Hopefully they start on it early in the day and I won't even miss any time with my car if I get it after work.

She confirmed the bearing has been revised and that my transmission will have the new one.
Old 8/25/11, 09:36 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

She confirmed the bearing has been revised and that my transmission will have the new one.
Any idea of the build date when Ford started installing the revised transmission?
Old 8/25/11, 10:12 AM
V6 Member

I read on another forum they made the changes as of 7/25. Unfortunately I can't find that thread right now.
Old 8/25/11, 10:52 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Any idea of the build date when Ford started installing the revised transmission?
July 25th, 2011
Old 8/25/11, 12:06 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks

July 25th, 2011
Thanks. I missed it by about 70 days. But so far no problems. Or maybe I am old enough that my hearing is too far gone to hear the whine. (Probably same reason I dont hear the Mrs.)
Old 8/25/11, 11:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54
(Probably same reason I dont hear the Mrs.)
it's called selective hearing.. all men have it..

i never hear my girlfriend even when she is sitting next to me..
Old 8/25/11, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
July 25th, 2011
you would think with all this noise with transmission issues if an updated unit was released there would be a bit more fanfare
Old 8/26/11, 05:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
They don't want a flood of people until they get it tested.....?
Old 8/26/11, 06:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Or they don't want a flood of peole, period. Maybe they are afraid people with perfectly fine transmissions (if there really are any of those left) will bring them in just because they heard theres a revision.
Old 8/26/11, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Or they don't want a flood of peole, period. Maybe they are afraid people with perfectly fine transmissions (if there really are any of those left) will bring them in just because they heard theres a revision.
I think you are right. Revising some parts are some what of an admission of a quality/design flaw and they sure as heck are not going to admit it at this point. Pretty sad if you ask me.

I do hope you get everything fixed so please keep us posted.
Old 8/26/11, 09:53 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by chevys
I think you are right. Revising some parts are some what of an admission of a quality/design flaw and they sure as heck are not going to admit it at this point. Pretty sad if you ask me.

I do hope you get everything fixed so please keep us posted.
The other equally valid reason for a revision is to reduce part costs. Not saying that's what's happening here.
Old 8/26/11, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by chevys
I think you are right. Revising some parts are some what of an admission of a quality/design flaw
Let's hope they haven't decided they can't fix it and nothing will save the reputation THEREFORE we might as well put even crappier parts in from now on to save a few bucks.
Old 8/26/11, 11:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Let's hope they haven't decided they can't fix it and nothing will save the reputation THEREFORE we might as well put even crappier parts in from now on to save a few bucks.

Quick Reply: Diagnosed Transmission Whine Without Disassembling