Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/14, 03:01 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
it is having trouble automagically connecting to my galaxy every time i get in. It used to. I use bluetooth audio all the time, but the phone feature doesn't always connect.
I just started having this same issue with my brand new Galaxy S4. I had an older Droid Bionic that had no problems with Sync, but would freeze randomly on its own; so we decided to upgrade to the Samsung. At first Sync and the Galaxy communicated like champs but now, like a week later Sync keeps giving me error messages while trying to use any apps (like Pandora).
Old 3/26/14, 05:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Azrael
I just started having this same issue with my brand new Galaxy S4. I had an older Droid Bionic that had no problems with Sync, but would freeze randomly on its own; so we decided to upgrade to the Samsung. At first Sync and the Galaxy communicated like champs but now, like a week later Sync keeps giving me error messages while trying to use any apps (like Pandora).
Now that I read your response it further reinforces my belief that Sync does not do well syncing with devices that pulling in data such as music from the cloud. See my previous post. I have had no issues at all with Sync if only using my iphone as a standard MP3 player. Meaning all cloud streaming is shut off while in use on my car. Just a thought. Obviously I feel it should work properly either way but I believe we may be on to something.

It could be one of the major reasons why Ford is ditching MSFT Sync in Lieu of a RIM solution for 2015 + models.
Old 3/26/14, 07:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
I have had many sync vehicles. F-150's, fusions, edge, Taurus, mustang, etc. during this time I ran into similar issues and I figured out one common denominator every time I experienced a sync issue forcing me to pull the sync fuse and force a hard reboot of the system. Each time it was caused by what I believe was me overloading he system. I'll explain. I use an iPhone and use iCloud to sync all of my music in the cloud. It's a massive amount of music and I like being able to access all of it any time I want. I noticed that when sync would freak out so to speak the show all music and iTunes Match functionality was turned on. When I only had music that was physically on my phone active I had no issues. For some reason I do not believe sync likes the iTunes Match feature. If using an iPhone I recommend pulling your sync fuse to force a hard reboot, and turn off the iTunes Match feature prior to getting in your car each time. It's helped me a ton and I now have much fewer issues.

I believe the iTunes Match feature makes the phone appear as if it has a new profile each time and sync tries to create a new sync image each time. Then sooner or later it runs out of memory and acts nuts as you describe.
If that's happening, you must be plugging your phone in via USB, right? I've used an iPhone in my Mustang for 2+ years now and had zero issues with connecting, streaming Bluetooth audio, etc.
Old 3/26/14, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
If that's happening, you must be plugging your phone in via USB, right? I've used an iPhone in my Mustang for 2+ years now and had zero issues with connecting, streaming Bluetooth audio, etc.
Streaming Blue Tooth Audio isn't the issue.

What I believe to be the issue is the fact that Sync is running out of memory trying to index all of the music in the cloud. When I have the cloud shut down on my device it operates flawlessly. When you have 60 + GB of music, etc. in the cloud Sync is trying to index all of that data and this is what I believe the issue to be. I beleive it is too much for the Sync system to index.
Old 3/26/14, 09:48 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
My music sits ON my samsung not in the cloud. and only about 100 songs. so I don't buy that.
Old 3/26/14, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

My music sits ON my samsung not in the cloud. and only about 100 songs. so I don't buy that.
Well then that blows that theory. LOL. I have got nothing. :-)
Old 3/26/14, 02:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Streaming Blue Tooth Audio isn't the issue.

What I believe to be the issue is the fact that Sync is running out of memory trying to index all of the music in the cloud. When I have the cloud shut down on my device it operates flawlessly. When you have 60 + GB of music, etc. in the cloud Sync is trying to index all of that data and this is what I believe the issue to be. I beleive it is too much for the Sync system to index.
Unless I'm completely missing something, Sync doesn't index files only available via Bluetooth, which is why you can't control the device, search for songs, etc. via voice unless you've got it plugged in via USB. At least I've never seen a way to do that?
Old 3/26/14, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Unless I'm completely missing something, Sync doesn't index files only available via Bluetooth, which is why you can't control the device, search for songs, etc. via voice unless you've got it plugged in via USB. At least I've never seen a way to do that?
I thought of that after I wrote that post. I believe you are correct. The SHO behaves teh same when when streaming via blue tooth. You can;t search songs via voice commands when streaming via blue tooth.

So all that said as long as you never physically connect your iphone, etc. when streaming music from their cloud service Sync should never blow up so to speak? LOL
Old 3/26/14, 03:47 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it is having trouble automagically connecting to my galaxy every time i get in. It used to. I use bluetooth audio all the time, but the phone feature doesn't always connect.
Originally Posted by Azrael
Hello to both of you,

I suggest that you perform a soft reset to your phone. This will improve your connection with SYNC. This is normally done by removing the battery from your phone and replacing it. Once it boots back up, start the car and see if it automatically connects. Let me know how it goes.

Check out the connection tips on this page as well: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...eshooting-sync

Kim
Old 3/26/14, 03:54 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I thought of that after I wrote that post. I believe you are correct. The SHO behaves teh same when when streaming via blue tooth. You can;t search songs via voice commands when streaming via blue tooth.

So all that said as long as you never physically connect your iphone, etc. when streaming music from their cloud service Sync should never blow up so to speak? LOL
Correct, you can not control the playback on bluetooth so I create playlists on my galaxy using the songs stored on it, then set the music player to that playlist before using the command 'bluetooth audio'. It then picks up in the last position of the playlist.
Old 3/26/14, 10:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's something to do with SYNC. When it pops up saying "indexing" I just unplug the phone and reconnect it. And that seems to cure the issue. It only happens when I turn the car off with my phone still connected. I'm still trying to get in and update my SYNC to see if it fixes anything. But it only takes me a second to unplug it and got back through the menu to get back and re-sync the USB
Old 3/26/14, 10:45 PM
Bullitt Member

For mine - only one issue since I got it in Oct last year.

The side mirrors wouldn't move due to a loose wire. Worked when I got it, and didn't notice until now - probably because I don't normally let anyone else drive the car.

Fixed perfectly under warranty.

The only other issue is that I'm now wishing I had the V8!

Oh, and I hope the pony projector lights don't go. So far, that and the glass roof make people go "WOW" when they see this car. I'd say the projector lights alone have probably nudged at least one friend I know over the brink into seriously considering the purchase of a 2015 this year.

Last edited by Mrsuitcase; 3/26/14 at 10:47 PM.
Old 3/27/14, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by conv_stang
It's something to do with SYNC. When it pops up saying "indexing" I just unplug the phone and reconnect it. And that seems to cure the issue. It only happens when I turn the car off with my phone still connected. I'm still trying to get in and update my SYNC to see if it fixes anything. But it only takes me a second to unplug it and got back through the menu to get back and re-sync the USB
Hey conv_stang,

The website is working correctly now. Keeping your software up-to-date is always a good idea. Check here to see if any updates are available for instant download: www.Support.Ford.com

Kim
Old 3/27/14, 01:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey conv_stang, The website is working correctly now. Keeping your software up-to-date is always a good idea. Check here to see if any updates are available for instant download: www.Support.Ford.com Kim
Thanks for your help Kim. I'll take a look when I get home
Old 3/27/14, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by conv_stang
Thanks for your help Kim. I'll take a look when I get home
No problem, conv_stang. Let me know if you have questions.

Kim
Old 3/30/14, 12:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
For mine - only one issue since I got it in Oct last year.

The side mirrors wouldn't move due to a loose wire. Worked when I got it, and didn't notice until now - probably because I don't normally let anyone else drive the car.

Fixed perfectly under warranty.

The only other issue is that I'm now wishing I had the V8!

Oh, and I hope the pony projector lights don't go
. So far, that and the glass roof make people go "WOW" when they see this car. I'd say the projector lights alone have probably nudged at least one friend I know over the brink into seriously considering the purchase of a 2015 this year.
Justin, sounds like you got your projectors after a fix was found. While I was at the service dept. the other day, I ask the service lady if she would order me two more. Hopefully this will be the ones that are the new design. They do attract quite a bit of attention.
Old 3/30/14, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

We have a 2011 V6 MCA A6. Had both door panels replaced @ 30,000 miles or so, as the armrest padding was getting deformed. Had both lower A arms replaced, around 31,000 miles, with the latest version with heat shields, which fixed creaking grunting noises during the hot south Florida summer. Also, just had the water pump go bad (leaking) at 34,187 miles.
Old 3/30/14, 06:36 PM

2014 3.7 base, 1008 miles.

Water leak, passenger side.
Rod bearing/Oil pump.

Engine has been replaced and the leak is still being tracked down, been in the shop since March 17th.
Old 3/30/14, 09:20 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by ageless1
2014 3.7 base, 1008 miles.

Water leak, passenger side.
Rod bearing/Oil pump.

Engine has been replaced and the leak is still being tracked down, been in the shop since March 17th.
OUCH!
That really sucks.
Old 3/30/14, 11:38 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hello to both of you,

I suggest that you perform a soft reset to your phone. This will improve your connection with SYNC. This is normally done by removing the battery from your phone and replacing it. Once it boots back up, start the car and see if it automatically connects. Let me know how it goes.

Check out the connection tips on this page as well: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...eshooting-sync

Kim
Just a follow-up: I did as you suggested and it worked for about 3 trips, and has started the "buffering...", and then "Sync has encountered a problem with Pandora..." message. I guess I can keep soft booting the phone, but that is annoying to repeat with my "Lifeproof - Fre" case that basically requires a screwdriver to get open.

Thanks for the help though!

Quick Reply: Check in: what has FAILED, BROKEN or worn out on your '10+ Mustang?