Sponsored By:

The Beauty of keeping it Stock...

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/13, 11:05 PM
SVS
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Beauty of keeping it Stock...

Sac-religious I know. I've never in my life had a car I've kept all stock. Check the modification I've made to my 2011 GT.

Awesome totally changed the car....

Ok in all seriousness, I must say if I never do more than that leather steering wheel wrap I'll still remain 100% satisfied with my car. Never thought this possible, but the current model generation GT is that good.

Any-a-yous have a totally stock vehicle yer happy with?

Last edited by SVS; 10/10/13 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10/10/13, 11:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I am satisfied with my 14' black GT TP. Only had it a month so far but I originally wanted diff wheels but I love the look of the TP wheels. I also looked in shifter (MGW) which maybe I do down the line but to me it has worked fine. It has a nice return spring to 3-4 gate and if it wasn't for the stupid skip shift it would be great all around. I will disable it when I get chance to get under car. Also, thought about AB but still like the sound of the stock ones and also might put on boss side pipes. Was looking into oil sep but not sure if I want to do that. So, those are the mods I thought about but once I got the car I was impressed even more that the test drives I did so I haven't felt need to do any yet. Oh, wait I did put a dead pedal in does that count? Will tint maybe this sat.
Old 10/11/13, 05:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That steering wheel cover no longer makes your Mustang "totally" stock!
Old 10/11/13, 06:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
2014's don't have skip shift... I am mostly happy with mine stock.
Old 10/11/13, 06:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sclv12
Yes, I am satisfied with my 14' black GT TP. Only had it a month so far but I originally wanted diff wheels but I love the look of the TP wheels. I also looked in shifter (MGW) which maybe I do down the line but to me it has worked fine. It has a nice return spring to 3-4 gate and if it wasn't for the stupid skip shift it would be great all around. I will disable it when I get chance to get under car. Also, thought about AB but still like the sound of the stock ones and also might put on boss side pipes. Was looking into oil sep but not sure if I want to do that. So, those are the mods I thought about but once I got the car I was impressed even more that the test drives I did so I haven't felt need to do any yet. Oh, wait I did put a dead pedal in does that count? Will tint maybe this sat.
I don't believe the 14's have the skip shift feature. My 14 GT 6 spd Brembo car does not have it and they are almost the same as the TP cars.

Last edited by pressman43; 10/11/13 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10/11/13, 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well thats no fun... give it time fellas.
Old 10/11/13, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I also feel the same way as you, OP. Out of the last 7 cars I have owned, this is the first one where I have felt no desire to want to change anything - I love everything about it! I also think a lot of it has to do with the fact that this was the first time I ever had the opportunity to order a car from the factory. It was an exciting process, from picking the options to constantly bugging Deysha for status updates to the moment I arrived at the dealership and saw my factory fresh Mustang sitting out front waiting for me to take her home. I also would prefer to keep the car stock as I feel it retains it's value better and is more desirable especially as it gets older. This will help especially when trade-in time comes.
Old 10/11/13, 08:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I have to confess to having changed to a stubby antenna on my 2014 vert.
Old 10/11/13, 08:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tukatz - you ordered your car in Jan 2014? Man I am behind the times! . Sorry, couldn't help notin that in your signature...
Old 10/11/13, 09:10 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by SVS
Sac-religious I know. I've never in my life had a car I've kept all stock. Check the modification I've made to my 2011 GT. Awesome totally changed the car.... Ok in all seriousness, I must say if I never do more than that leather steering wheel wrap I'll still remain 100% satisfied with my car. Never thought this possible, but the current model generation GT is that good. Any-a-yous have a totally stock vehicle yer happy with?
Yes mine's all stock.

Old 10/11/13, 09:24 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Yes mine's all stock.
Mines stock just like a NASCAR car is too
Old 10/11/13, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Mine is pretty far from stock. There are so many mustangs in my area and Imostly see old ladies driving them . This is to separate mine from the sea of rental car looking Stang's.
Old 10/11/13, 09:41 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dmichaels
2014's don't have skip shift... I am mostly happy with mine stock.
Actually it does. I already had it in cause i would hear rattling as soon as pushed in clutch when going from 1-2 and it clunk and grind going into 2. So I took it in and they told me there that it wants to go to 4th. And sure enough if I don't get on it to 3 or 4 k then it will do skip shift. Another guy on a diff forum was telling how to disable it by discon the switch above Trans fill plug. Been on vaca so haven't got under yet.
Old 10/11/13, 10:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Actually it does. I already had it in cause i would hear rattling as soon as pushed in clutch when going from 1-2 and it clunk and grind going into 2. So I took it in and they told me there that it wants to go to 4th. And sure enough if I don't get on it to 3 or 4 k then it will do skip shift. Another guy on a diff forum was telling how to disable it by discon the switch above Trans fill plug. Been on vaca so haven't got under yet.
No, 2013 & 2014's do not have skipshift. Confirmed by Ford Rep (scroll to post #10): Skip Shift Thread

I can verify I have shifted from 1-2 thousands of times by now at all different RPM's and speeds (as low as 1000 rpm or so if I'm rolling up to a stop sign and everywhere in between that and redline) and have never, ever had anything resembling skip shift force me or try to force me to do a 1-4 gear change.

Maybe you got a leftover 2012 MT82??
Old 10/11/13, 11:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only things I have done are the stripes and the shifter. Other than that this is also the first car that I have owned where I haven't really felt the total NEED to do anything to it. It's fast, beautiful, and exciting every time I turn the key. It was from the very first day I drove it off the lot. Especially since less than 100 feet from the dealership at a stop light I got a compliment from a random Semi-truck driver hanging out of his window. That has never happened before.
Old 10/11/13, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No, 2013 & 2014's do not have skipshift. Confirmed by Ford Rep (scroll to post #10): Skip Shift Thread

I can verify I have shifted from 1-2 thousands of times by now at all different RPM's and speeds (as low as 1000 rpm or so if I'm rolling up to a stop sign and everywhere in between that and redline) and have never, ever had anything resembling skip shift force me or try to force me to do a 1-4 gear change.

Maybe you got a leftover 2012 MT82??
Same. Never, ever, ever, ever, EVER had some kind of nanny skip shift BS try to force me to change gears the way it wants me to - I am in COMPLETE control

Sounds like sclv12 got a turd? LOL
Old 10/11/13, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by GRN 5OH
Sounds like sclv12 got a turd? LOL
sure sounds like it!
Old 10/11/13, 01:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I think you may be confused by the terminology here. Skip shift actually raises a solenoid and physically blocks you from shifting into second. There is a display in the dash that tells you that skip shift is engaged to save fuel.

What I believe you are describing is the transmissions tendency to go into 4th from 1st if you simply pull the gear shift directly towards you. I pull it towards the rear and slightly towards me and have no issue. The gates seem very narrow on this car. Slight adjustments seem to improve how it drives. It seems like every gear requires a slightly different procedure to engage. Once I learned the how to shift this transmission, it became fun again.
Old 10/11/13, 02:17 PM
Banned

my car was stock until i got it home on the first day.
Old 10/11/13, 02:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Tukatz - you ordered your car in Jan 2014? Man I am behind the times! . Sorry, couldn't help notin that in your signature...
Oops.

Quick Reply: The Beauty of keeping it Stock...