Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 Mustang details are starting to arrive...

Search this Thread

Old 10/21/12, 11:45 AM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CrzRsn
Hi all,
...Oh... One more thing to note, GHIGreen is a must. If the 2014 won't have the color, then I'm sticking with my 2013 order thank you very much...
Seeing this just made my day

We're only speculating, but if you read through this thread you'll get a pretty good understanding that 14's are not much different than 13's. I love my GHIG gt 13 and have never thought I missed out by not waiting for a 14.
Old 10/21/12, 12:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrealFord
Because if he orders and buys a 13, its a year old and worth less.
If your gonna order one get a 2014
Side by side a new 13 and 14, 14 is already worth more. Especially since by the time you get your 13 , 14s will be on the lots not much later.
Your only half right!
14 worth more because your paying 1000's more!
13 will be 1000's less so worthless is stupid because it's exact car for much less!
Old 10/21/12, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Xar
Seeing this just made my day

We're only speculating, but if you read through this thread you'll get a pretty good understanding that 14's are not much different than 13's. I love my GHIG gt 13 and have never thought I missed out by not waiting for a 14.
So I've decided to cancel my 2013 order and get a 2014. The main reason behind this?

When I first order my 2013 a few weeks ago, my dealer told me I should have it by early-mid November. I figured this would give me enough time to at least get somewhat of an understanding of the 420hp RWD beast before snow fell. But because of the delay, I'll be getting the car in late December-early January. The last thing I want to do is have to drive the car off the lot worrying about snow on day 1. It would also mean I would have to spend twice the money on snow tires this season (my current Audi and the Mustang).

So the plan now is to sell the Audi and get a car that won't depreciate faster than Felix Baumgartner's freefall. Put in my 2014 GHIG GT order on November 12th - Day 1. And trade in my winter beater for that in March/April or whenever the 2014s ship.

I feel like this is a much less stupid and irresponsible plan.

Last edited by CrzRsn; 10/21/12 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10/22/12, 04:19 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

So I've decided to cancel my 2013 order and get a 2014. The main reason behind this?

When I first order my 2013 a few weeks ago, my dealer told me I should have it by early-mid November. I figured this would give me enough time to at least get somewhat of an understanding of the 420hp RWD beast before snow fell. But because of the delay, I'll be getting the car in late December-early January. The last thing I want to do is have to drive the car off the lot worrying about snow on day 1. It would also mean I would have to spend twice the money on snow tires this season (my current Audi and the Mustang).

So the plan now is to sell the Audi and get a car that won't depreciate faster than Felix Baumgartner's freefall. Put in my 2014 GHIG GT order on November 12th - Day 1. And trade in my winter beater for that in March/April or whenever the 2014s ship.

I think it's reasonable...but don't do it because it will depreciate "less"... It will just depreciate "later"...because you're getting it later. I'm sure my car is worth so much less than when I got out new...but I don't care. I absolutely love my car, regardless of its worth to other people. All that matters is its worth to me. Period.
Old 10/22/12, 04:45 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you have made your decision - gives you more time on the forums waiting - you may be one of the first to get a 14 here so that's very cool!

Originally Posted by FromZto5
I think it's reasonable...but don't do it because it will depreciate "less"... It will just depreciate "later"...because you're getting it later. I'm sure my car is worth so much less than when I got out new...but I don't care. I absolutely love my car, regardless of its worth to other people. All that matters is its worth to me. Period.
I hope so as well - buy a car to drive it, it's not an investment. If you want an investment, buy #1 302 2012 and garage it for 30+ years
Old 10/22/12, 07:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
So the plan now is to sell the Audi and get a car that won't depreciate faster than Felix Baumgartner's freefall.
With a '14 model, you will be about 12 months away from the next generation Mustang, which might or might not have an impact on the value of that car. If Ford puts incentives to clear out '14s, that puts pressure on the value at that point in time.

This all said, the most important thing, as others have noted, is that YOU enjoy it for the money you pay.
Old 10/22/12, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
I'm not buying my car as an investment. I'm not getting it to be a garage queen that I can resell and get my money back. I'm buying a daily driver. A car I will drive year round. Infact I plan on doing over 15k miles a year.

If I can get the the money back whenever I end up selling it or whatever, then thats great. If not, then whatever. The depreciation comment was aimed at my Audi since I bet when I come back in the spring the dealer will offer less than half of what they offered last month. If I sell it now, and get something like a Focus winter beater for $2k, I'll get most of that back when I get the Mustang.

Originally Posted by Xar
Glad you have made your decision - gives you more time on the forums waiting - you may be one of the first to get a 14 here so that's very cool!
Yep. More time for research and understand all the quirks that come with Mustang ownership.

Originally Posted by Xar
I hope so as well - buy a car to drive it, it's not an investment. If you want an investment, buy #1 302 2012 and garage it for 30+ years
Hah! I didn't see this part of the comment when I clicked to quote. See my reply above!

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
With a '14 model, you will be about 12 months away from the next generation Mustang, which might or might not have an impact on the value of that car. If Ford puts incentives to clear out '14s, that puts pressure on the value at that point in time.

This all said, the most important thing, as others have noted, is that YOU enjoy it for the money you pay.
From all the rumors I've heard and all the renderings I've seen, I don't think I'm going to like the next-gen Mustang. I don't really care that much how the 2015 will effect the value of my car (see above). Plus I have an extra incentive to buy a FoMoCo vehicle in the coming months.

A question that did arise though. Will they roll out the 50th Anniversary edition with the 2014 S197, or will they wait for the next gen and call it a 2014.5?

Last edited by CrzRsn; 10/22/12 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10/23/12, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

In for 2014 order details.

I need to get back in a Stang.
Old 10/24/12, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi all,

I've got a dilemma of sorts so I figured I'd ask for advice here (seems like the right thread). I currently have a 2013 Gotta Have It Green GT on order (first Mustang, first Ford, first American car) and just got my VIN and build date yesterday - December 3, 2012. This is about a month later than my dealer estimated, so they are looking for one like mine that they can ship here from somewhere else in the US. After posting this on another forum, someone mentioned the 2014, which I've heard nothing about until then. Looking around, I found that all the rumors lead back here, so I figured this is the best place to ask (the other forum didn't give me any worthwhile tips at all).

With all the speculation on the 2014s out there I'm starting to consider switching my order in November. That IS something worth waiting an extra month or two for. The problem is that there is a chance, small as it may be, that my dealer finds me a car and says they can have it here in a week. So basically I want to know how certain you guys are that ordering starts in November? And whether or not I should tell my dealer to call off the search.

Oh... One more thing to note, GHIGreen is a must. If the 2014 won't have the color, then I'm sticking with my 2013 order thank you very much.

Thanks,

Mike
I'm in Michigan also & ordered my Green GT 9-11-12 & still don't have a build date or a VIN...........I'm getting nervous. Maybe I'll have to switch to a 2014, but not sure I'll like the price increase & loosing the $1500 rebate !! Scott
Old 10/24/12, 09:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Five Oh Brian, was today still the deadline? My dealer finally finished my order today, but he said the date was pushed out until the 3rd of November for the last day. Any truth in that?
Old 10/24/12, 10:43 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
Five Oh Brian, was today still the deadline? My dealer finally finished my order today, but he said the date was pushed out until the 3rd of November for the last day. Any truth in that?
Ford did, indeed, push the deadline for ordering '13 Mustangs out a week. Orders must be in by October 31st.
Old 10/24/12, 11:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian,
Any changes to the 2014MY Mustang Order Bank opening date?
12 Nov 2012
Old 10/25/12, 05:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Ford did, indeed, push the deadline for ordering '13 Mustangs out a week. Orders must be in by October 31st.
Since they left an item off of my order, can they redo it and submit on the 31st? Do not know how that works.
Old 10/25/12, 05:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sgallison
I'm in Michigan also & ordered my Green GT 9-11-12 & still don't have a build date or a VIN...........I'm getting nervous. Maybe I'll have to switch to a 2014, but not sure I'll like the price increase & loosing the $1500 rebate !! Scott

Why would you switch?
Old 10/25/12, 07:20 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Since they left an item off of my order, can they redo it and submit on the 31st? Do not know how that works.
They should be able to make changes to your order if it hasn’t scheduled yet, 1992chpb4c.

Deysha
Old 10/25/12, 07:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Snoopy49
Brian,
Any changes to the 2014MY Mustang Order Bank opening date?
12 Nov 2012
Still on time for Nov 12th, with 14MY Job 1 in mid-January.
Old 10/25/12, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
They should be able to make changes to your order if it hasn’t scheduled yet, 1992chpb4c.

Deysha
Thank you Deysha, unfortunately for you, I will be bugging you again on another car, lol.
Old 10/25/12, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Why would you switch?
Why switch to a 14 ? That's pretty simple, I didn't think the 13 was going to be built !! Scott
Old 10/26/12, 05:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thank you Deysha, unfortunately for you, I will be bugging you again on another car, lol.
That will be no problem, 1992chpb4c.

Deysha
Old 10/26/12, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any info as to the GT Premium Coupe price for 2013 vs 2014? I didn't think the prices would go up much from 2013 models to 2014 models. Now, from 2014 models to 2015 models will probably be a different story, based on the speculated changes, mainly the IRS and whatnot.

On the rebates - I see the $1500 rebate available currently. If I go with a 2014, can I expect SOME type of rebate to be available? Like maybe the $1000 rebate that was available on the 2013's about a month ago? Or is it safe to say that there will be no rebates on the 2014 models until well into the 2013 calendar year?

I was planning on ordering a 2013 GT, but didn't realize until recently that the order cycle was coming ( or has come ) to an end. Living in Pittsburgh, I don't really want to order a car so early that it arrives in January ( and then I have to stare at it in the garage until May ). So now I'm planning to order a 2014 GT.

But here is what I've heard from a reliable source. The window for ordering the "2014" GTs will be very small - only a few weeks - starting around mid-November as I saw posted above in this thread. Then that production will close and no more "2014" models will be available. At that point, the production line is shut down as they re-tool for the 2014.5 models, which will be what most folks are calling the 2015 models. Because I'm not sure I will like the 2014.5 or 2015 models ( whatever they end up being called ) I plan to order the early 2014 model, most likely in mid-November. Hopefully it doesn't arrive until at least February - but even then I'll have to trailer it home. There's no way my baby will be driven on salty roads EVER, let alone on her maiden voyage!

I can't wait to pull the trigger in a few weeks...

Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 10/26/12 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Mustang details are starting to arrive...