Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 GT TP vs 2014 GT TP at the track

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/14, 07:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
2014 GT TP vs 2014 GT TP at the track

Not sure if the "grey mustang" driver (name omitted as courtesy) is on this forum as well, but had a fantastic session mid day today at the local road course. Cars are similarly prepped... I may have missed a few items

Blue Mustang:
Koni shocks, SR springs, Pagid pads, Sumitomo HTR Z III tires (300 treadwear), BMR panhard, brake cooling, GT500 mufflers

Grey Mustang:
Koni shocks, Ford Racing springs, Watts link, Carbotech pads, brake cooling, Nitto NT01 tires (100 treadwear), track key, GT500 mufflers

You Tube
"> You Tube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="384">
Old 7/22/14, 07:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

well, not sure why the video showed up twice... oh well, better twice than not at all
Old 7/23/14, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks like a ton of fun! I wish I had a track near me so I could go around. The nearest to me is Sebring and then track events are very expensive. So for now I am stuck with Autocross
Old 7/23/14, 05:08 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very Nice.
That Viper didn't stand a chance.
It looks/sounds like the track requires a lot of patience to keep understeer in check.
Your turn 11 exits look perfect. Car gets a little light over that hump following turn 11?
Old 7/23/14, 05:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Not sure if the "grey mustang" driver (name omitted as courtesy) is on this forum as well, but had a fantastic session mid day today at the local road course. Cars are similarly prepped... I may have missed a few items Blue Mustang: Koni shocks, SR springs, Pagid pads, Sumitomo HTR Z III tires (300 treadwear), BMR panhard, brake cooling, GT500 mufflers Grey Mustang: Koni shocks, Ford Racing springs, Watts link, Carbotech pads, brake cooling, Nitto NT01 tires (100 treadwear), track key, GT500 mufflers <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Video Link: http://youtu.be/dnLe3tUQJlE">YouTube Link</a>
Do you know which watts link the gray one had? Did you have a chance to drive it? I'm debating saving up for a watts link or just getting the BMR PHB for now, so I can spend that $800 on other stuff. I also have the FRPP K-Springs and Koni Yellows waiting to go on...
Old 7/23/14, 05:55 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Do you know which watts link the gray one had? Did you have a chance to drive it? I'm debating saving up for a watts link or just getting the BMR PHB for now, so I can spend that $800 on other stuff. I also have the FRPP K-Springs and Koni Yellows waiting to go on...
My choice is Steeda over the others. Quality, design, weight, mounting, American made, warranty. I'd save up and wait till they have a sale.
Old 7/23/14, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Looks like you picked up about 3 seconds after you passed him. Definitely looks like fun
Old 7/23/14, 06:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by BBM3
Very Nice.
That Viper didn't stand a chance.
It looks/sounds like the track requires a lot of patience to keep understeer in check.
Your turn 11 exits look perfect. Car gets a little light over that hump following turn 11?
Thx - I got turn 11 down pretty well. Definitely tested my nerve staying WOT in 4th going over the hump. Not sure of you could tell from the video but the right rear wheel spins a bit over the hump. Very light. Not as light as limerock but close...

Tons of patience on a couple turns, mainly 3 which is super tight

And yeah it was quite fun double teaming the Viper ACR
Old 7/23/14, 06:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm not sure which watts. I can find out tho.

I have nothing but good things to say about the BMR PHB tho. It's been great for me.

Forgot to add that the grey mustang had sways as well. Fronts on mid setting and rears on soft if I remember correctly.

I have had no issues with putting power down with my setup. I did not drive the other car so I can't comment on the watts link but I'm hard pressed to imagine it would perform so differently that I would notice at my level of driving. I don't even have the yellows.... Just the SRT.Ts. But even those are great. Looking forward to dong adjustable ones (yellows) in the near future though to dial in the suspension better.
Old 7/23/14, 06:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Looks like you picked up about 3 seconds after you passed him. Definitely looks like fun
Wasn't quite that much, as I only slowly pulled away. The "other driver" was nearly identical for the whole course except turn 11 where I pulled away quite a lot. My best lap dipped into 1.25's in a later session when I purposely pushed it hard for 2 laps. Otherwise was running in 1.27's to 1.28's trying to save my brakes. Kept getting too hot and boiling a bit of fluid. Time for Castrol SRF
Old 7/23/14, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Thx - I got turn 11 down pretty well. Definitely tested my nerve staying WOT in 4th going over the hump. Not sure of you could tell from the video but the right rear wheel spins a bit over the hump. Very light. Not as light as limerock but close...

Tons of patience on a couple turns, mainly 3 which is super tight

And yeah it was quite fun double teaming the Viper ACR
I didn't hear wheel spin over the hump but even without seeing your steering input I could tell you had your hands full.

It looks like you are still turning a bit under full throttle when you hit the hump and that section looks to be off camber. Together that makes for the perfect pant wetting scenario.

I am really impressed how well your mods have sorted out the rear end.
Maybe a bit more negative camber in the front and some more rebound all around next?

You are getting on the throttle on exit of every turn way quicker than I would expect from My stock 2014 w/ Track Pack.

Great driving skills and awesome video.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by BBM3; 7/23/14 at 08:25 PM.
Old 7/23/14, 11:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent work, as always!
Old 7/23/14, 11:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
better than late night TV tonite
Old 7/24/14, 09:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
better than late night TV tonite
Happy to entertain
Old 7/24/14, 09:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by BBM3
I didn't hear wheel spin over the hump but even without seeing your steering input I could tell you had your hands full.

It looks like you are still turning a bit under full throttle when you hit the hump and that section looks to be off camber. Together that makes for the perfect pant wetting scenario.

I am really impressed how well your mods have sorted out the rear end.
Maybe a bit more negative camber in the front and some more rebound all around next?

You are getting on the throttle on exit of every turn way quicker than I would expect from My stock 2014 w/ Track Pack.

Great driving skills and awesome video.
Thanks for sharing.
Yep off camber in that turn and really almost every turn is off camber. It's challenging.

Appreciate the compliments - the car does put down power very well coming out of corners. I am curious how much of that is the Torsen diff but the suspension definitely helped a lot. I am dying to get a set of r compounds on the car now.

For anyone interested I'll post up my quick lap of the day a bit later.
Old 7/24/14, 09:37 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ive barely done autocross ebents lol im just dying to tear up a track
Ill pay you for some seat time and driving lessons haha
Old 7/24/14, 09:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'd stick with the Watts, like dmichaels said, you probably can't tell the difference unless your a great driver. I was in the same debate and will probably go with a BMR bar with relo bracket at some point.
Old 7/24/14, 09:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Seems like the only limiting factor between you two was tires. Looked like a really fun cat and mouse.
Old 7/24/14, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Yeah, well done. Your line looked really slid, and I could tel you were really pushing it.

It's good to see other Mustangs on the track at your events. I had ~12 or so at mine last weekend!
Old 7/24/14, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Brandon302
I'd stick with the Watts, like dmichaels said, you probably can't tell the difference unless your a great driver. I was in the same debate and will probably go with a BMR bar with relo bracket at some point.
My thing is, I've always planned to do the Watts Link, mostly for the help in ride quality, not necessarily handling. I just want to lower my car sooner rather than later, and I could do it now with an adjustable PHB.

Quick Reply: 2014 GT TP vs 2014 GT TP at the track