Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/10, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 201250
Hi everyone I'm a new guy here and after reading this thread I am sick . 2012 was going to be my year to buy a new STERLING GRAY 5.0 with brick red interior.
You have 18 days to find a dealer that can order you one.

Things change, people that liked Sonic or Vista Blue, etc were disappointed too when Ford discontinued them, if Ford didn't change colours we'd still be stuck with Calypso Green and Harvest Gold.

The Lava Red is a nice colur, I have a coworker with it on his Harley Davison F-150. It has 3 coloured metalflake, it looks black at night but different depending on the light. I would consider it if I didn't already have 2 red cars.

So if your heart is set on Sterling Grey, you better get crackin'!
Old 10/30/10, 10:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Snkeyes
How about the CS option, is that available for 2012? If so, is the brembo/P-Zero option available with it?

I know the CS wheel has a clearance issue with the brembos, but I was hoping this would be corrected for the 2012 MY.

Here's to hoping,
2012 GT/CS's still can't get the Brembo Pkg, nor can GT's and GT/CS's with the automatic transmission. Of course, that's as the order banks look today. It is certainly subject to change, and I hope it does so that I can order a 2012 GT automatic with the Brembo Pkg for myself.
Old 10/30/10, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cur
OAC Sparky/Five Oh Brian do either of you know if Ford's websites will be updates for the 2012 Mustangs come next month when the order banks open for the new MY Mustangs?
Ford's website is notoriously late getting updates. Ford is still trying to sell brand new 2010 and 2011 Mustangs, so I trust they'll be slow to switching over to 2012 info on their site.
Old 10/30/10, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ministang
I really liked Sterling Gray as well, but Ford has offered quite a few different grays since the S197 first came out, most for not much more than two years. They'll probably offer a slightly different shade of gray to replace Sterling Gray.
No grey shades for Job 1 of 2012. Silver or black are the closest that's offered. My '07 GT is Alloy Gray, so I'm obviously partial and really like Sterling Gray, as do many of you all. I hope Ford gives us some sort of gray eventually during the 2012 model year. I'd love to see Vapor Silver or Mineral Gray make a comeback!
Old 10/31/10, 08:06 AM

So if your heart is set on Sterling Grey, you better get crackin'!
If I was ready to order now I would!

And why would the bottom end start coming apart? Are you assuming this because of power adders? I do believe there are a few cars on here that are in the 10sec range and faster with a stock bottom end. Even Ford Racing offers a supercharger for the 5.0 with a warranty.
Chill out. I'm not assuming anything. At some point the limits of the crank,rods and pistons will show there ugly self warranty or not. I would just feel better knowing that at 7000rpm I had a good bottom end. This isn't my first rodeo
Old 10/31/10, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

hmmm interesting about that lava red color. I will have to go see this in person and it looks pretty good in the pictures. What color interior would you all get with lava red? I was originally planning on a Sterling Grey with brick red but now have to change. I could always just go black exterior and brick red interior as well.
Old 10/31/10, 09:07 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
2012 V6/GT:

Sterling Grey is gone.
Lava Red is a new color (very dark red)
Charcoal Leather with Plum Inserts is a new interior option for Premium models, but is only available with the Lava Red paint.
Reverse Sensing System finally available (as part of a security package).
Opps...just went back to page 3 and saw your post...So it is charcoal with the plum inserts for the premium model which is what I want.
Old 10/31/10, 09:23 AM

5.0 B, thanks for the information. I knew the chances of the GT/CS with the Brembo option were slim.

Also, I am curious about the Lava red and grey/plum interior. Red has never been my cup of tea but this combo is kind of intriguing. I wonder if it will be some sort of special package like the Harley on the F-150? Can you see if Lava will be offered on the GT500?
Old 10/31/10, 11:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Are GT/CS color options still the same and is Lava available on it?
Old 10/31/10, 01:00 PM

Does anyone know if they are going to offer 20" wheels for 2012? also are they going to offer cooled seats?
Old 10/31/10, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 201250
If I was ready to order now I would!

Chill out. I'm not assuming anything. At some point the limits of the crank,rods and pistons will show there ugly self warranty or not. I would just feel better knowing that at 7000rpm I had a good bottom end. This isn't my first rodeo
I'd be more concerned about that chinese-made trans coming apart than the bottom end. Considering the laundry list of issues building against it with stock power.
Old 10/31/10, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Snkeyes
5.0 B, thanks for the information. I knew the chances of the GT/CS with the Brembo option were slim.

Also, I am curious about the Lava red and grey/plum interior. Red has never been my cup of tea but this combo is kind of intriguing. I wonder if it will be some sort of special package like the Harley on the F-150? Can you see if Lava will be offered on the GT500?
Lava Red only shows up in the GT & V6 premium models. GT500 gets a very limited color palette (same as 2011, except that Sterling Gray is no longer offered.
Old 10/31/10, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by firebottle
Does anyone know if they are going to offer 20" wheels for 2012? also are they going to offer cooled seats?
Neither option is showing in the order banks currently. GT500 SVTPP gets 19" front and 20" rear, though.
Old 10/31/10, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by firebottle

I've been saying for months, practically nothing is going to change with the 2012's except maybe a few minor options and maybe a color change or two.
And that's exactly what's happening.
2010 was a body redesign, 2011 brought an engine/transmission/suspension/brakes, along with a few minor upgrades.
That leaves pretty much nothing else for 2012 except, again, as stated minor option changes and a color change or two.

It's not like Ford is changing the car drastically every year guys.

2013 (as a 2014) should bring the first major change to the car again.
I'll be the first to say now so, so many people don't have to keep asking, 2013 will bring next to no changes for the GT either, again except minor option changes, a color change or two, and maybe even the Brembo package available on the automatic.
Old 10/31/10, 07:49 PM
V6 Member

Not to sidetrack the convo too much but is anybody else thinking this is the last great generation of the mustang? With all these CAFE/EPA standards coming into effect I fear the next car could be severely butchered by green politics.
Old 10/31/10, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DJ 88 FAN
Not to sidetrack the convo too much but is anybody else thinking this is the last great generation of the mustang? With all these CAFE/EPA standards coming into effect I fear the next car could be severely butchered by green politics.
I don't think you have much to worry about. The new engines are both more powerful and more efficient than the ones they replaced, and the redesign in 2014 or so is supposed to be both a little smaller and lighter. Ford can make up for the relatively inefficient Mustang by selling more of the "greener" Fiesta and Focus.
Old 10/31/10, 08:32 PM

Thanks again for the info 5.0 B.

I guess we will have to wait and see what Job 2 brings for new color options. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some sort of unique job 2 GT500 color or package. Maybe something like Red emblems in 08/09 or something totally new. I sense it is about time for something along those lines again. Although, a TVS option along with larger wheels/tires would be welcomed as well. Only time will tell.

Last edited by Snkeyes; 10/31/10 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11/1/10, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
No grey shades for Job 1 of 2012. Silver or black are the closest that's offered. My '07 GT is Alloy Gray, so I'm obviously partial and really like Sterling Gray, as do many of you all. I hope Ford gives us some sort of gray eventually during the 2012 model year. I'd love to see Vapor Silver or Mineral Gray make a comeback!
Not having any grey's is ridiculous.. I'm convinced they'll come out with a grey in 2012, maybe as a last minute change or job 2. My guess would be something between Alloy and Sterling.

Maybe with the word "magnesium" or "gun metal" in it.

(Pulling that out of thin air, but I think it's pretty likely)
Old 11/1/10, 10:00 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ 88 FAN
I don't foresee the Mustang being substantially slowed down. The new regulations will make it more expensive, though. It will cost some money to replace steel with lighter, more expensive materials. Using smaller, turbocharged engines can maintain current power levels while increasing fuel economy, but they will cost more to build. And unless Ford sells plenty of small, slow cars to bring their CAFE down, they will have to increase the prices of the thirstier cars to offset the fines.
Old 11/1/10, 10:06 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think if we see a new gray, it will be more of a liquid silver type color. That seems to be the new "hot" shade of gray out there.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?