Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Old 10/25/10, 11:43 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Driver72
So for 2012 they are offering 3 different shades of red, the least desired and ordered color on a car these days, but dropping the Sterling Grey, one of the most common and most desired colors (along with the black and white color from which grey is made) they had.
Wow, talk about a bad decision Ford.
3 shades of Red
2 shades of blue, one of which looks purplish in some light and angles and the other is kind of a baby blue.
A new shade of Yellow (blaze) another very undesirable and mostly unwanted color.

Good job Ford, what next, drop white for green, another color only abou 1% of the population would want?

Glad I got the Sterling Grey in my 11' when I could.

Back up sensors too, to go along with the back up camera.....in a MUSTANG. Gads...anybody that feels they need a back up camera and back up sensors in a performance minded car, just needs to forget about the Mustang and order a minivan.
Geez, in a performance car you'd think their priority would be to at least give the auto paddle shifters or a "auto stick" on the floor, before worrying about geezers who can't back up without looking at a camera AND needing sensors to tell them they are about to back into something in a CAR made for performance. LOL
Agree with ya on the sensors, but the colors are all personal preference. I personally think white screams "rental car" but others might love it. I would have considered green if offered for 2011.
Old 10/25/10, 11:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So for 2012 they are offering 3 different shades of red, the least desired and ordered color on a car these days, but dropping the Sterling Grey, one of the most common and most desired colors (along with the black and white color from which grey is made) they had.
Wow, talk about a bad decision Ford.
3 shades of Red
2 shades of blue, one of which looks purplish in some light and angles and the other is kind of a baby blue.
A new shade of Yellow (blaze) another very undesirable and mostly unwanted color.

Good job Ford, what next, drop white for green, another color only abou 1% of the population would want?

Glad I got the Sterling Grey in my 11' when I could.

Back up sensors too, to go along with the back up camera.....in a MUSTANG. Gads...anybody that feels they need a back up camera and back up sensors in a performance minded car, just needs to forget about the Mustang and order a minivan.
Geez, in a performance car you'd think their priority would be to at least give the auto paddle shifters or a "auto stick" on the floor, before worrying about geezers who can't back up without looking at a camera AND needing sensors to tell them they are about to back into something in a CAR made for performance. LOL
So...you're not happy with the color choices and options I take it?
Old 10/25/10, 11:54 PM
Banned

While I thinks sensors AND a camera is a little overboard, what you have to remember is what people expect from a $40G+ (in Canada) car, sports car or not.

Personally, I want the camera. I have a 2 car garage but one side is a workshop and the last thing I want is to back over a jack, bike, skateboard etc. that one of my pre-teen boys forgot to put away.

$230 A-Plan for a backup camera beats a $500 rear bumper job. Just like the electronics package, if you don't want it, don't get it. The same argument can be made for paddle shifters and manumatics, if you want to shift, buy a manual instead of having a computer shift for you.
Old 10/26/10, 12:12 AM
V6 Member

Can you still get Kona Blue with the Brick red interior for 2012?
Old 10/26/10, 04:51 AM
GT Member

I was hoping for a dark metallic green or Grabber Green to make a return. I wonder if Lava Red will be an extra cost option, too?
Old 10/26/10, 05:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Don't know and I'm not happy with the decision as I really liked Sterling Gray. All we get for greyscale colors in 2012 are black, ingot silver, and performace white (all of which are carryover colors from 2011).

Kona Blue, Grabber Blue, Yellow Blaze, Race Red, and Red Candy also carryover from 2011.

im having to rush to order an 11, i figured i would just wait till spring. that new red looks like sh$t. i wanted gray. so im gonna try and order in the next week or so. the insurance on the 2011 is cheaper than my 2003 lol. go figure.
Old 10/26/10, 07:01 AM

Don't know and I'm not happy with the decision as I really liked Sterling Gray. All we get for greyscale colors in 2012 are black, ingot silver, and performace white (all of which are carryover colors from 2011).

Kona Blue, Grabber Blue, Yellow Blaze, Race Red, and Red Candy also carryover from 2011.
I just got comfortable/ok with the idea of getting a sterling mustang, since they got rid of alloy. Now no sterling? Just silver? I guess this means I can save money by not upgrading..
Old 10/26/10, 07:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Surprised to see Sterling Gray go by the wayside. Maybe it'll be a job #2 color for '12?

It just seems to popular for Ford to just toss away.
Old 10/26/10, 10:53 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ 88 FAN
Can you still get Kona Blue with the Brick red interior for 2012?
Yes, I tried it in the order banks and it accepted this combo.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 11/2/10 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10/26/10, 11:39 AM
V6 Member

Yes, I tried it in the order banks and it accepted this combo.
Cool! Thanks for doing that!
Old 10/26/10, 12:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am with most of the posters, Sterling Grey was a great color, especially on the GT500's.
Old 10/26/10, 10:44 PM

I have been reading your posts and was worried that i would not be able to order my fully loaded sterling grey 2011 mustang GT in January or February, so I called a close friend of mine that OWNS a Ford dealership. He says I have at least to April and as late as May to order a 2011 mustang. So I was curious were people are hearing this info?
Old 10/26/10, 10:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by firebottle
I have been reading your posts and was worried that i would not be able to order my fully loaded sterling grey 2011 mustang GT in January or February, so I called a close friend of mine that OWNS a Ford dealership. He says I have at least to April and as late as May to order a 2011 mustang. So I was curious were people are hearing this info?
Your close friend is sorely mistaken. I order all the Mustangs for the dealership I've worked at for 11 years. Every week we get production/commodities reports that outline when ordering ends and starts for each model and model year. Any items/colors being balanced out are listed, as well. The order banks for 2012 Mustangs are already open (although 2012 pricing and order submission don't start until Nov 8).
Old 10/26/10, 11:40 PM
Banned

Your close friend is sorely mistaken.
Ford announced back in May via Dealer Communication that the 2012 production was to start in Jan 2011 and unfortunately some dealers are still in denial about it.
Old 10/28/10, 05:10 AM
GT Member

I'm actually happy to hear about the reverse sensors. The reverse camera is out of the question since I don't want the required wing. I'm looking forward to some bells & whistles since I've been driving SN95 Cobras for the last 15yrs.
Old 10/29/10, 11:26 AM
Cur
V6 Member

OAC Sparky/Five Oh Brian do either of you know if Ford's websites will be updates for the 2012 Mustangs come next month when the order banks open for the new MY Mustangs?
Old 10/29/10, 12:59 PM

How about the CS option, is that available for 2012? If so, is the brembo/P-Zero option available with it?

I know the CS wheel has a clearance issue with the brembos, but I was hoping this would be corrected for the 2012 MY.

Here's to hoping,

Last edited by Snkeyes; 10/29/10 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10/30/10, 07:05 PM

Hi everyone I'm a new guy here and after reading this thread I am sick . 2012 was going to be my year to buy a new STERLING GRAY 5.0 with brick red interior. I have been waiting for 2 years and now they decided to get rid of sterling gray. Talk about bursting my bubble. What in the world are they thinking about dropping a color as popular as that. I'm venting sorry. I know Ford sure doesn't care what an overwelming customer base wants. I would have also thought they could have upgraded to forged crank,pistons and rods since it's just a matter of time till the bottom end starts coming apart. I'M UPSET.
Old 10/30/10, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 201250
Hi everyone I'm a new guy here and after reading this thread I am sick . 2012 was going to be my year to buy a new STERLING GRAY 5.0 with brick red interior. I have been waiting for 2 years and now they decided to get rid of sterling gray. Talk about bursting my bubble. What in the world are they thinking about dropping a color as popular as that. I'm venting sorry. I know Ford sure doesn't care what an overwelming customer base wants. I would have also thought they could have upgraded to forged crank,pistons and rods since it's just a matter of time till the bottom end starts coming apart. I'M UPSET.
I really liked Sterling Gray as well, but Ford has offered quite a few different grays since the S197 first came out, most for not much more than two years. They'll probably offer a slightly different shade of gray to replace Sterling Gray.
Old 10/30/10, 07:53 PM
BOSS Member

Originally Posted by 201250
And why would the bottom end start coming apart? Are you assuming this because of power adders? I do believe there are a few cars on here that are in the 10sec range and faster with a stock bottom end. Even Ford Racing offers a supercharger for the 5.0 with a warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?