Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Old 9/19/10, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw a rumor (maybe on here?) that the 2012 would get direct injection...
Old 9/19/10, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Driver72
2012 will probably bring slightly higher price, probably worse interest rates and probably little to no changes from the 2011. Seems little to no reason to buy a 2012 in the first 3-4 months of it's production run.
I'd get a 2011 now with the $1000 rebate, or wait till the last day to order one and probably get one with $2000-3000 in rebates and maybe 1.9% or better financing on top of it by the time it's delivered.
Would make way more financial sense
Wow it sure does seem you have inside information huh? so those of us that cannot buy a 2011 because lets say their current lease doesnt end until Feb 2011 makes no sense for us to buy/order a 2012 within the first 3-4 months of production? You sure do like to hear yourself talk.......
Old 9/19/10, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
Wow it sure does seem you have inside information huh? so those of us that cannot buy a 2011 because lets say their current lease doesnt end until Feb 2011 makes no sense for us to buy/order a 2012 within the first 3-4 months of production? You sure do like to hear yourself talk.......
Well that's a good reason then, I didn't think of, sorry.
No I don't "like to hear" myself talk, it's just nearly every post you make you refer to yourself ordering a 2012, which gets pretty old man. And so does your constant need of personal attacks.

Last edited by Driver72; 9/19/10 at 12:02 PM.
Old 9/19/10, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
People buy when they are ready to buy.

I wasn't ready to buy one this year. I don't live in SoCal, it would be idiotic (IMO) for anyone in the snowbelt to order a Mustang past September and before January unless it was your daily driver and you don't care about getting a headstart in bodyrust by salting it straight away.
I was born in the snow belt but my parents moved me out when I was young, so I really don't think that way. But you have a good point if you do.
However, if I did live in the snow country, I'd buy a AWD performance car (the Audi S4 would be a top contender), so I could have fun year round. I don't think I could handle having my fun car sit for 5 months out of the year while I drive some beater in the winter and knowing I'm making payments on that car that sits for 5 months.
Old 9/19/10, 09:31 AM
Cobra R Member

I was born in the snow belt but my parents moved me out when I was young, so I really don't think that way. But you have a good point if you do.
However, if I did live in the snow country, I'd buy a AWD performance car (the Audi S4 would be a top contender), so I could have fun year round. I don't think I could handle having my fun car sit for 5 months out of the year while I drive some beater in the winter and knowing I'm making payments on that car that sits for 5 months.
I live in snowy Canada. I leased my 05 GT and there was no way I was going to have a leased car sit in my garage during the winter. So I bought 4 snow tires for the GT and drove in in the winter. I got around pretty good, there were only a few times that deep snow made it really tough. But when I bought the 08 Bullitt I realized there was no way I was driving it in the winter, so I bought a winter beater. Then once I bought beater I realized I could get an 08 GT500 and keep it in the garage all winter. So I traded the Bullitt in on it.

It's too bad I can't drive the car year round but that's the reality of Northern climates.
Old 9/19/10, 11:07 AM
Banned

I don't think I could handle having my fun car sit for 5 months out of the year while I drive some beater in the winter and knowing I'm making payments on that car that sits for 5 months.
Originally Posted by Whammer
It's too bad I can't drive the car year round but that's the reality of Northern climates.
I guess it depends on how you look at it. If I lived in a climate where I could drive the car all year around without worrying if it's going to rot out in 5 years I'd buy one $60,000 car, but the reality is that I drive 60 miles a day roundtrip 5-7 days a week; I work nights (by choice) so I usually leave before the plows are out and get home before the sidestreets are plowed; nothing like bombing over 2' drifts to get home in the morning.

My Mustang is actually going to be my 3rd vehicle (not including my wife's). I have an '08 Ranger FX4 for when it's snowing. and an '05 Focus ST with snows for the "dry" days. So I guess I kind look at it as my "winter beaters" aren't that shabby.
Old 9/19/10, 11:21 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by black_bullitt
I saw a rumor (maybe on here?) that the 2012 would get direct injection...
It'll get it......but not until the 2014 all new car, I reckon
Old 9/19/10, 11:28 AM
Cobra R Member

I guess it depends on how you look at it. If I lived in a climate where I could drive the car all year around without worrying if it's going to rot out in 5 years I'd buy one $60,000 car, but the reality is that I drive 60 miles a day roundtrip 5-7 days a week; I work nights (by choice) so I usually leave before the plows are out and get home before the sidestreets are plowed; nothing like bombing over 2' drifts to get home in the morning.

My Mustang is actually going to be my 3rd vehicle (not including my wife's). I have an '08 Ranger FX4 for when it's snowing. and an '05 Focus ST with snows for the "dry" days. So I guess I kind look at it as my "winter beaters" aren't that shabby.
My "beater" is a pretty decent car, but it's no GT500, plus my hockey gear is MUCH easier to get in and out of it.
Old 9/19/10, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I live in snowy Canada. I leased my 05 GT and there was no way I was going to have a leased car sit in my garage during the winter. So I bought 4 snow tires for the GT and drove in in the winter. I got around pretty good, there were only a few times that deep snow made it really tough. But when I bought the 08 Bullitt I realized there was no way I was driving it in the winter, so I bought a winter beater. Then once I bought beater I realized I could get an 08 GT500 and keep it in the garage all winter. So I traded the Bullitt in on it.

Yeah you guys pretty much did what I would do.
Not sure I'd want to drive a RWD car in snow even with snow tires, but I'll be the first to admit, I have VERY little experience driving in snow and ice (only on the weekend trips up into the mountains here, but I never go if there's enough snow on the road where chains are required).

The 4wd truck is probably the way to go as a "beater" in the snow.
Or I'd find a lightly used (and preferably unmolested if possible) WRX wagon for the "beater" duties of winter yet still have hauling ability. Then either get a nicer AWD car like the S4 or 335xi for all the rest of the time when the roads are snow covered and salt laden.
Old 9/19/10, 12:10 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
Here are the dates that have been posted thus far....I have about 2 months before I place an order for my 2012.

2011 last day prod. Jan. 14th 2011

Order bank opens Nov. 18th 2010
Scheduling begins Dec. 2nd 2010
Production begins Jan. 18th 2011
I am in the same boat, looking at ordering a car in the next month.
So, are we going to have the same holds and quality checks with the 2012 as they did with the 2011, or does that just default as being due to a new model year?

I don't mind waiting a few extra months for a 2012 if it is worth it, but if it will take three months to deliver after production starts in mid January, then no thanks.

Jeff, you have been the man on this forum with your knowledge and help, so.....can you elaborate on your wait for the 2012 post? Or do we have to wait for the price list and information?
Old 9/19/10, 01:12 PM
V6 Member

Any word on color options yet?
Old 9/19/10, 01:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THIS IS CRAZY!! LOL..People are just starting to get there

11' model and were still in 2010 and now were talking 2012..HAHAHA Way to go Ford in drivin us Nuts
Old 9/19/10, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by treygil
So, are we going to have the same holds and quality checks with the 2012 as they did with the 2011, or does that just default as being due to a new model year?
Yes. They will have quality checks/holds at the start of production; that's Ford's standard procedure now and is why there are less (I didn't say NO) issues with cars now and why the quality has been improving in general. But that said, I wouldn't expect the hold to be as severe as when the new drivetrain came out.
Old 9/19/10, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by elvism
11' model and were still in 2010 and now were talking 2012..HAHAHA Way to go Ford in drivin us Nuts
Check the board. They were talking about the 11's in '09. What's the difference?

People ordered '11s in February of '10 and weren't happy when they didn't have them in April/June. Hopefully there will be a few more happy Mustang owners in the summer.
Old 9/19/10, 02:42 PM
Cobra R Member

With the Challenger ordering guide leaked (and some big jumps in HP) I'm really thinking that the Mustang 2012's are going to see a few little tweaks. If you don't need a new car right now and can wait I would really try and hang on until we have the 2012 order guide.
Old 9/19/10, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the Challenger ordering guide leaked (and some big jumps in HP) I'm really thinking that the Mustang 2012's are going to see a few little tweaks. If you don't need a new car right now and can wait I would really try and hang on until we have the 2012 order guide.
The day Ford uploads a 2012 section for order guides on my dealer site, I will be checking it RELIGIOUSLY for the 2012 Mustang order guide & price list. Once I get it, it will be posted ASAP!!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 9/19/10 at 08:59 PM.
Old 9/19/10, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks I'll be waiting cause I'm ordering a '12.
Old 9/20/10, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

ahhh love the ignore feature....

Thanks for all the information so far folks...Looking forward to the documents when you get them Jeff
Old 9/20/10, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Before the forums crashed late last year (and before we knew the details about the new engines), somebody posted about the 2011 cars getting new engines, and that the 2012 GT would get a power increase.
Old 9/20/10, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

sub'd as I'm sitting here waiting for my car to sell privately before I order away.

It's a good thing forums like these exist to help decide on which M.Y. to chose between the mustangs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?