Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/10, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will there be any way to purchase the Boss steering wheel, seats and other Boss accessories?
Old 11/9/10, 05:43 PM

A few observations:

HIDs look black or darkened on the CS pic (could just be for brochure like tinted windows)

GT500 car cover on last page for those wondering about availability for 2012 (know you were mostly kidding)

Remote start option on last page and says (see p.78)

Any information on the remote start option? Could this be push start?
Old 11/9/10, 05:47 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snkeyes
A few observations:

HIDs look black or darkened on the CS pic (could just be for brochure like tinted windows)

GT500 car cover on last page for those wondering about availability for 2012 (know you were mostly kidding)

Remote start option on last page and says (see p.78)

Any information on the remote start option? Could this be push start?
You could get remote start since at least the 2010 if I'm not mistaken. It wasn't the push button start, and its only avaliable on autos...
Old 11/9/10, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
You could get remote start since at least the 2010 if I'm not mistaken. It wasn't the push button start, and its only avaliable on autos...
Ah, I see. I guess I was hoping for a push button start option.
Old 11/9/10, 06:03 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snkeyes
Ah, I see. I guess I was hoping for a push button start option.
Hopefully in the 2014 redesign...
Old 11/10/10, 06:21 AM

Is there a new leather interior option for the 2012? The last photo looks like a GT with GT500 wheels and spoiler, are these new options?
Old 11/10/10, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Automatic Headlights

New as part of the MCA package. I would think these might be standard on the GT or at least the premium package?
Old 11/10/10, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Too bad this PDF seems to be missing every other page, and does not include any info about the GT Premium. I guess I will have to wait longer to figure out exactly what I want on the GT I will be ordering.
Old 11/10/10, 07:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by First Stang
New as part of the MCA package. I would think these might be standard on the GT or at least the premium package?
Automatic headlamps were part of the 2011 MCA package, too.
Old 11/10/10, 07:41 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
There will be a GT500 for 2012, but Ford hasn't released details yet. Be patient.
+1. The 2012 GT500 is visible in the order banks. Same engine code and description (5.4L S/C aluminum V8) so no powerplant changes. Basically a carryover of the 2011 GT500 from what I see reading through the order banks.
Old 11/10/10, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
+1. The 2012 GT500 is visible in the order banks. Same engine code and description (5.4L S/C aluminum V8) so no powerplant changes. Basically a carryover of the 2011 GT500 from what I see reading through the order banks.
Agreed, CONCEPS doesn't show much, but it all looks carryover, except for seating. Looks like the Recaros will be optional just like the Boss 302. I keep looking here as it seems order guides often leak onto the internet before Ford publishes them for the dealers.
Old 11/10/10, 10:03 AM
V6 Member

so still no pricing?
Old 11/10/10, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

The Boss Laguna Seca package sounds sick... 440hp, gauge cluster, and factory rear seat delete? YES PLEASE!

Hopefully they release some color schemes that dont look completely retarded. The one in the brochure is hideous.
Old 11/10/10, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I really do not feel enthusiastic about the Boss. With the VERY limited quantities they are letting each dealer have, the price is surely going to be nowhere near the supposed $40,000 price. For the extra money, you could either get a Shelby, or get a GT premium and put tons of aftermarket parts on it. for $32,000 to $36,000, you can surely get a very well equiped GT. That will leave room for at least $10,000 worth of aftermarket parts to put in before you hit the real price that the Boss is likely to fetch. For that, I could get a unique and very fast GT. Granted, you cannot as easily wrap aftermarket stuf into a loan, but that is not really a problem for me.
Old 11/10/10, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
I really do not feel enthusiastic about the Boss. With the VERY limited quantities they are letting each dealer have, the price is surely going to be nowhere near the supposed $40,000 price. For the extra money, you could either get a Shelby, or get a GT premium and put tons of aftermarket parts on it. for $32,000 to $36,000, you can surely get a very well equiped GT. That will leave room for at least $10,000 worth of aftermarket parts to put in before you hit the real price that the Boss is likely to fetch. For that, I could get a unique and very fast GT. Granted, you cannot as easily wrap aftermarket stuf into a loan, but that is not really a problem for me.
fords allocation strategy mean fewer dealers get more cars and will help to keep the prices down. Good luck in the aftermarket.
Old 11/10/10, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Evil
fords allocation strategy mean fewer dealers get more cars and will help to keep the prices down. Good luck in the aftermarket.
I want some of what you're drinking! The dealers that have recieved allocation letters are already accepting bids from dealers that didn't get allocation letters and have customers that want one. All this system did was add more steps in the chain. It will result in even higher prices than if every dealer got one guaranteed (like Shelby is), but many dealers will be selling theirs to other dealers instead of the public.

There are only 2 ways Ford can bring the prices to where they will be MSRP or less. First they can raise the MSRP to what the market will bear so there is no room for the dealer to charge extra (but customer will be paying the same either way), or increase production so supply matches demand. With Mustang sales laggin, I see no excuse for not building more Boss 302s if they can sell them without incentives. Maybe they will, the Mach 1's started out impossible to get and then ended up everywhere at the end of the model year. I don't expect the same for Boss, but it could happen.
Old 11/10/10, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dr Evil
Maybe where you live, you can buy a Shelby for at or under MSRP, but I have seen dealerships here trying to charge 9-10k over MSRP, bringing the price over $60k. I would imagine that if I really wanted one badly, I could find one for a bit less, but that is still twice as much as a base GT. If you read about the allocation system for the Boss in the many forums about the subject on the web, it does seem to me that it can be even more restrictive and unless you know someone, you will be lucky if you can get one at or near MSRP anytime soon. I certainly am not an expert on the subject, so if any of the dealers on here knows more, feel free to correct me. Still MSPR from what I have read so far starts at $40k. When you add a couple options and a probable market adjustment, then you will easily be paying 10-15k over a base GT, and maybe even a premium GT. I have seen decent aftermarket pistons, rods, and many other engine parts that will fit in budget and still be very decent quality. Even Ford Racing sells a supercharger kit that brings the GT engine to 624 hp. As for the looks, you will have to be creative, but you can get decent parts and still stay in budget. It just might come down to what you prefer. Do you prefer to pay more to have a similar car as others that has a nice warantee, or would you like to be creative and have a work in progress that will be more unique? Sure the Boss will be good, but I think I can trust my ability to shop well and be creative in designing a nice look more than my ability to talk the dealer down from an overinflated price. If Ford does not sell one for what I consider to be a reasonable price, I will just design my own nice ride. I really think I will choose to design one either way. The Boss is nice, but being a creative person, I would like something much more unique.

Last edited by Itravelalot; 11/10/10 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11/11/10, 06:06 AM
Bullitt Member

I just looked at that order guide and I didn't see the sterling gray. I guess they axed it for 2012? That sucks. It kind of puts the pressure on now to buy this year.
Old 11/11/10, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Maybe where you live, you can buy a Shelby for at or under MSRP, but I have seen dealerships here trying to charge 9-10k over MSRP, bringing the price over $60k. I would imagine that if I really wanted one badly, I could find one for a bit less, but that is still twice as much as a base GT. If you read about the allocation system for the Boss in the many forums about the subject on the web, it does seem to me that it can be even more restrictive and unless you know someone, you will be lucky if you can get one at or near MSRP anytime soon.
MSRP should be pretty easy to get on a GT-500. Here in the midwest, they aren't that hot. I'd bet you could buy most of them for $1k over invoice (invoice plus the $1000 that the dealer has to pay for the Shelby franchise). Next year could be different as many of the dealers I've talked to are droping the Shelby program since they're having trouble selling the cars. We continued on for '12 since I have our 1 unit sold already or I would have cancelled.
Old 11/11/10, 08:12 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 02Tbird
MSRP should be pretty easy to get on a GT-500. Here in the midwest, they aren't that hot. I'd bet you could buy most of them for $1k over invoice (invoice plus the $1000 that the dealer has to pay for the Shelby franchise). Next year could be different as many of the dealers I've talked to are droping the Shelby program since they're having trouble selling the cars. We continued on for '12 since I have our 1 unit sold already or I would have cancelled.

+1. New GT500's are below MSRP everywhere around here. For example, we have a new '11 GT500 SVTPP Coupe - fully loaded with an MSRP of $57,700 - on sale for $54,950 where I work.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?