Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/06, 03:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well just too let you all know I recieved my sirius stuff from KC today, probably will try to do it next weekend if possible/ weather permitting. Looks very easy though. I do believe it is still mounted in trunk like factory one is. The wiring harness looks very long and all is plug and play. So looks like its a easy install folowing other harness already located there. Will post when I get it going.
Old 11/14/06, 02:28 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,572 Likes on 1,902 Posts
BAD LINKS REMOVED

FYI

Pic of Factory Style Antenna and Bracket for those wanting a more OE Install. It appears the Bracket is in the Rt Quarter Panel. I have Shaker 1000 so Mine is Buried! Again this Is Factory parts not Sirius kit Parts. These would be an option and additional cost. More info after Sodamans Install!

Last edited by 05stangkc; 7/21/23 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11/14/06, 03:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I will definitely take all the factory parts available as they are available. I will do install with magnetic first but I am sure I will want to go as much factory as possible. This kit really looks a quality plug up harness and reciever box. Hopefully be able to get to it this week weather permitting.
Old 11/16/06, 03:52 PM

Sodaman! The Factory Bracket,hardware And Antenna Should Hit You Via Dropship Tomorrow Or Monday At The Latest. You Will Still Need An Extension For The Antenna Which You Could ProbaBly Get Locally. The Ford One Is Backordered Until Mid December.
Old 11/17/06, 07:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Gracias

That's cool Kevin,
It is like 20 degrees here right now anyway, so just waiting for a nice day and the hardware to give it a go. If I can find a place inside this weekend I may try and get most of it installed. I have a freind that has a shop, maybe he will let me in there this weekend if he is not too busy. So I will report asap as weather permits.
Old 11/17/06, 09:46 AM

I have had Numerous Calls with TMS'ers Just Waiting for the Lowdown on your Install! No Pressure Here Though! LOL!
Don't catch a cold on our Accounts Please!

KC
Old 11/18/06, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Notify when available!
Old 11/20/06, 11:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Well some good news, and some bad news. Good news is the bracket I recieved is definitely for the sirius reciever and for factory location. The bad news is there has to be some more bracketry or plastic type body inserts for the correct placement and bolting. The reciever fits right onto the bracket with four studs. Needs four nuts and that is all to attaching to the bracket. The antenna is going to be easy, just drill the correct location and run an antenna extension through the trunk conduit directly to the sirius reciever in the quarter panel. The harness it self is just pull out the radio unplug all connections plug in new harness and follow old harness tie strapping to it all the way down the side of the car by pulling up door sills etc and following under carpet to to back rear quarter panel on passenger side area, where one plug at the end of the harness plugs into reciever. Then you have to look up info on the headunit to activate it. Pretty simple it looks like, just trying to get as much factory as I can. I am sure the bracket could be modified if I cant find the parts. I have left KC a message to investigate a little more if possible. Here are some pics of the area, where I believe the bracket goes, also the parts together. just a few more parts I am sure. LOL It will be awesome when done tho just trying to do it right.
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000821.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000822.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000823.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-dyno-day-032.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000827.jpg  

Old 11/20/06, 11:17 AM

This unit looks a lot like the one that's been available as a factory install on the F150's since '06. Using (AFM) GeoStang's ideas and help, I installed one of those in my 06 GT this August and it's been working great.

Here's an alternative mounting location which worked well for me. There's just enough space to the right of the OEM radio mount bracket and the left passenger kickplate panel to mount the tuner in a vertical orientation. I used the existing harness support hole for the upper mounting bolt and drilled a hole in the existing bracket for the lower mounting bolt & spacer. See the pics. Once the dash panels are back in place, the tuner & cabling are all concealed within the center stack.

Also, for you coupe owners: I used one of the Terk SIR3 Mini Sirius antennas and placed it UNDER the felt on the rear deck package tray. If you take a peek from inside your trunk, there's a depression in the center of the metal support shelf just large enough to accomodate the mini antenna. Run the antenna wire around the rear seat and up under the center console to the tuner in the center stack. Reception (even thru the rear window and the felt) has been very good. I especially like the stealthy aspect of the install!
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-img_3904.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-img_3909.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-img_3913.jpg  
Old 11/20/06, 11:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Well with this harness it is designed for factory location, because it is about 15-20 ft of harness, that would be lot to ball up under the dash. I am sure it could be done that way, but I am looking for a quality factory location install. I dont mind the antenna on the rear trunk lid. If I can work out the bracketry its all easy from there. Thanks for the input on another location possible. Either way I will say this install is a breeze if you dont mind touching some interior parts, carpet, molding etc. I could always drill some holes to accomodate the bracket in back as well. But like I said I would like to go factory if at all possible.
Old 11/20/06, 11:38 AM

Yep, that 15-20 feet of harness cable was a challenge. I coiled it up and slipped it into the very bottom of the center stack..under the radio and right behind the climate control *****.
Old 11/20/06, 11:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Well there you have it, it can be rigged up front underneath the console itself, or with factory bracketry in back with factory antenna as soon as we can figure out what other factory pieces we need to attach the bracket, it looks like another 4 nuts and possibly some plastic pieces. Will post with any other info after I figure out whats next on my installation. I am going to try and make factory. We shall see.
Old 11/20/06, 02:25 PM

Upload Images with PicTiger
[img=http://images4.pictiger.com/thumbs/a0/89026da244c201aecc189147c9ea37a0.th.jpg] [img=http://images4.pictiger.com/thumbs/a0/4ca461b3e4ce045b7b480203688689a0.th.jpg]
Photos Gallery - PicTiger
Here is how the Sirius Mounts. Sorry I did not Get a Better Pic but it was on the Front Lot and a Customer was looking at it. The Angled part mounts by the Tail Lights. May have to Drill & Use some Sheet Metal Screws to ease Install! These are Mounted Way Low In the Quarter. Looking at Sodamans Pics I would Think one of the Studs on his quarter Panel may line up.

KC
Old 11/20/06, 04:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Well thanks for the pics, I will try and figure out where those locations are tommorrow, stuck at work now. It seems that extension wire is not available directly from visteon for the antenna, I have not found a store that is going to have one yet. So I need a crashed 07, or hopefully they will start making them for the dealer, cause both dealers I talked to says they are not available. It is a specialty wire, having both female ends like on the end of any sirius antenna, but a cable that has those ends on both sides is what I need. So if anyone has any luck finding an extension for the factory antenna I think we have the factory install licked. Otherwise will have to use aftermarket antenna either inside on deck or magnetic outside. Hopefully this will get the installs going.
Old 11/21/06, 07:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Alright well after studying KC pictures etc, I think I figured out where it is supposed to go. The 06 and I am sure 05 do not have the studs and cutouts for this bracket. Although I have found pretty much factory location, will require two small drilled holes in area by shock tower on thin steel area, easy, then one of the bent hooks will slide onto a plastic stud on the other side and one machine screw will hold the bottom bent hook. so there will be two bolts on one side, and a plastic stud and machine screw on the other side. Or you can use two machine screws on the one side and dont use the plastic stud to center on. This will pretty much put it in exact location of factory, just no studs there except a plastic one probably from bumper cover. So now the only thing that I need for my factory type install is the connecting cable that goes from reciever to antenna on trunk hood. Still very cold here. I will be doing this in parts over this week. I will try and install the receiver unit later today if it warms up a little. Then over the holiday weekend it is supposed to warm up nicely, at which point I will install antenna in trunk lid, and run the wiring. If anyone has any questions let me know. I will be glad to help. Thanks KC
Old 11/21/06, 10:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Some good news!

Well the good news is I have the sirius receiver itself mounted. Seems to be pretty **** close to factory. Very solid. Thought I would post some pics so far everything going as planned pretty much. LOL

The two studs on the bracket I put paint on the ends and touched a napkin too them to get the stud seperation right. Since I was going to have to be drilling two holes for them. I mounted the bracket on the factory plastic stud sticking out of the back area near the rear lamps. located where I wanted the first hole to be drilled on the rear shock tower wall framing. There is what looks to be a siren or motion detector type item in the quarter panel I removed with one 10mm bolt while I was working with the unit,(I reinstalled with no problems after bracketry was attached), I then drilled, and once fitment looked good. I used the napkin with the seperation marks to give me the center mark for the second hole. Used a automatic center punch for both before drilling. Lastly after mounting it all I bought a black painted sheet metal screw and a black plastic washer to drill in for the lower rear bracket attachment. Hope this helps in further installations. I think if you have the 07 and you want to add this on later you will already have the right cutouts and locator studs in the rear ready to go. I will attempt antenna probably tommorrow, got to get going to work. Here are a couple pics to get you salivating. Later all.
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000828.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000831.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000834.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000833.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000830.jpg  

Old 11/21/06, 01:22 PM
V6 Member

Kevin, can you email me with the new price sheet with the sirius components.
Old 11/21/06, 03:07 PM
Cobra R Member

These are sirius components, not xm satellite. Just email him with hotsheets in the topic and he will email you his most current list. we are working together right now to make sure what all is involved in this install. I got anxious so I tried installing the antenna, well a little snag bo no big deal, it looks like from kevins pictures of the antenna mount that the 07 trunk lid is framed differently as well. But I found a location I believe will work. I got the hole drilled, and will be working on the rest of the antenna tommorrow. will post pics as soon as installed, put an american flag over the hole for tonight. LOL
Old 11/21/06, 04:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
These are sirius components, not xm satellite. Just email him with hotsheets in the topic and he will email you his most current list. we are working together right now to make sure what all is involved in this install. I got anxious so I tried installing the antenna, well a little snag bo no big deal, it looks like from kevins pictures of the antenna mount that the 07 trunk lid is framed differently as well. But I found a location I believe will work. I got the hole drilled, and will be working on the rest of the antenna tommorrow. will post pics as soon as installed, put an american flag over the hole for tonight. LOL
I did meant Sirius. I just had a brain fart do to the fact that I was thinking about the XM in my Trailblazer while I was writing. I hate when I do that.
Old 11/22/06, 11:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Another day of installation!

I finished the antenna installation today. Went ok. I had already drilled a hole about 8" from the front of the trunk lid/glass area in the center. I already have stripes so a little bit easier to find center than those that arent already striped. I used a unibit that goes up in sizes to drill the hole. It was on the 5/8" step when I slowed down. I then had to drill the smaller placement peg hole I dont remember what size that was but pretty small you can eye it up easily. I placed the antenna in the big hole with a little bit of touch up paint on the little peg to get a mark for where to drill the next hole. Once I got that I center punched and drilled the second smaller hole. Like I stated in my previous posting the 07 has no crossmember in the way for the antenna install, but my 06 does have a center small beam. I unfortunately ending up having to cut it. First I drilled it the same size as the big hole in the lid itself. But there is a clamp that bolts down from the trunk side that wont fit through, So I had to cut out a small section. I don't think it will harm anything. I applied a small bead of silicon around on the bottom of the rubberpad and popped the antenna through the hole, then applied the bolt and clamp from the other side and tightened slowly until nice and tight and the plastic clips on the antenna have popped up after going through the hole. You will understand what I am saying when you do it. Wallah, second part done. Third and final step is the wiring harness, probably wont get that done today. Will follow up with new pics as avalable, here are a few.
Attached Thumbnails SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000835.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000836.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000837.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000839.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000838.jpg  

SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000840.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000841.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000842.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000843.jpg   SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang-p1000844.jpg  

Quick Reply: SIRIUS PLUG AND PLAY FOR 05 up Mustang