SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

American muscle has screwed me pretty bad this time

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/14, 08:12 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American muscle has screwed me pretty bad this time

So American muscle offers a kit the is only the rear two rims with tires on it that is supposed to match the stock front rims for the people who only want wider tires and don't want to spend 1200 for a full rim and tire set up. So I purchased it because the picture that is on the website is the same color as the stock rim. So I get the rims with the tires on it, pull the stickers off the tires and drive around for a couple days then I noticed that the color of these new rims is wayyyy off! Now I have to pay another $260 for the front rims so they can match the back. Not counting getting my front tires mounted and balanced on them. Do not make the same mistake I did thinking that I would be able to buy these rims and they would match since the photo that they put of the rim online is the color of the stock rim to make you think it matches!
Attached Thumbnails American muscle has screwed me pretty bad this time-image-1080606133.jpg  
Old 4/22/14, 08:16 AM
V6 Member

You can see how off the color is in the photo
Old 4/22/14, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fact that is took you DAYS to notice this makes me think you should visit an eye doctor before you spend that $260 on wheels.

So how did they screw you? It sounds like YOU screwed up, drove for DAYS on the wheels and tires and are sad they won't what, replace them? hahahaha
Old 4/22/14, 08:59 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by slostang
The fact that is took you DAYS to notice this makes me think you should visit an eye doctor before you spend that $260 on wheels. So how did they screw you? It sounds like YOU screwed up, drove for DAYS on the wheels and tires and are sad they won't what, replace them? hahahaha
I'm upset that in the picture of the rims online they are a completely different color then what you actually get. I didn't want anyone else to think that the color was going to match and waste there money on them.
Old 4/22/14, 09:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I would have contacted them for refund or replacement. Perhaps they sent you the wrong wheels altogether. While IT DOES SAY that the color is NOT an exact match, those look more like silver and not anthracite.
Old 4/22/14, 09:30 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I would have contacted them for refund or replacement. Perhaps they sent you the wrong wheels altogether. While IT DOES SAY that the color is NOT an exact match, those look more like silver and not anthracite.
yeah it's not even like the color is a shade or two off. It's not even the same color
Old 4/22/14, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Well.. They are the Same color..I would say plasti dip them and call it a day you would save a lot.. Just my .02 and what I would do..
Old 4/22/14, 10:12 AM
Cobra Member

I would have not mounted them on the car and sent them back. Noticed Days later? wow.
Old 4/22/14, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this has been discussed on this site before. I'm sorry you feel like you got screwed, but you should have done some further research before assuming they would be a close match. I don't think it looks bad at all from that picture. My brakes don't ever stay clean enough for you to notice a color difference between the front and rears, so that probably wouldn't bug me, but since it clearly does, I would suggest painting them the same color-- That would fix the problem for a lot less than 300+ dollars to "fix" it by buying another set of wheels.
Old 4/22/14, 12:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cntchds
I think this has been discussed on this site before. I'm sorry you feel like you got screwed, but you should have done some further research before assuming they would be a close match. I don't think it looks bad at all from that picture. My brakes don't ever stay clean enough for you to notice a color difference between the front and rears, so that probably wouldn't bug me, but since it clearly does, I would suggest painting them the same color-- That would fix the problem for a lot less than 300+ dollars to "fix" it by buying another set of wheels.
how much do you think it would cost to get just the back two painted to match the front two?
Old 4/22/14, 12:35 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dilabop
Do not make the same mistake I did thinking that I would be able to buy these rims and they would match since the photo that they put of the rim online is the color of the stock rim to make you think it matches!
Stop posting this anti-vendor crap on the Forum!

YOU made a mistake by not confirming what you received BEFORE you used the product. To verify a proper product before use is nothing new.

But lately some clowns here want to make a thread as if somehow the vendor 'really screwed them'. Grow up and quit slandering vendors for YOUR MISTAKE!

And if you do have a mix up - take it up one on one with the vendor like an adult instead of telling a one sided story against a business that is friendly to TMS.

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/22/14 at 12:37 PM.
Old 4/22/14, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dilabop
So American muscle offers a kit the is only the rear two rims with tires on it that is supposed to match the stock front rims for the people who only want wider tires and don't want to spend 1200 for a full rim and tire set up. So I purchased it because the picture that is on the website is the same color as the stock rim. So I get the rims with the tires on it, pull the stickers off the tires and drive around for a couple days then I noticed that the color of these new rims is wayyyy off! Now I have to pay another $260 for the front rims so they can match the back. Not counting getting my front tires mounted and balanced on them. Do not make the same mistake I did thinking that I would be able to buy these rims and they would match since the photo that they put of the rim online is the color of the stock rim to make you think it matches!
Hey,

I'm really sorry that you feel like we screwed you. This is not the case and definitely was never our intentions. The Wheels are absolutely made for the customer who doesn't want to purchase a full set and is just looking for some wider rear Wheels. However, there was definitely some changes from the factory in the finish of the bullitt Wheels. We've seen 3-4 different finishes depending on the year of your Mustang.

That being said, it's almost impossible to match every single Bullitt Wheel produced. However, we did our best to come out with one option that is very close to all of them.

If you're unhappy with the results and aren't happy with the looks we can definitely work with you here. Since you drove on the tires that puts me in a slightly tight spot but I'll never leave a customer up the creek without a paddle. I'll 100% make sure you're taken care of and satisfied with your order!

I can offer you a great deal on the Front Wheels to make up for the break up in communication as well. If that is what you would like to do!

Please shoot me a PM and we'll get you all squared away.

-Dan
Old 4/22/14, 02:02 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdynaco
This!

So many of these feel like someone trying to discount by *****ing in public instead of just picking up the phone or sending an email.
Old 4/22/14, 08:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Hey, I'm really sorry that you feel like we screwed you. This is not the case and definitely was never our intentions. The Wheels are absolutely made for the customer who doesn't want to purchase a full set and is just looking for some wider rear Wheels. However, there was definitely some changes from the factory in the finish of the bullitt Wheels. We've seen 3-4 different finishes depending on the year of your Mustang. That being said, it's almost impossible to match every single Bullitt Wheel produced. However, we did our best to come out with one option that is very close to all of them. If you're unhappy with the results and aren't happy with the looks we can definitely work with you here. Since you drove on the tires that puts me in a slightly tight spot but I'll never leave a customer up the creek without a paddle. I'll 100% make sure you're taken care of and satisfied with your order! I can offer you a great deal on the Front Wheels to make up for the break up in communication as well. If that is what you would like to do! Please shoot me a PM and we'll get you all squared away. -Dan
PM sent Dan. Thanks for helping out
Old 4/23/14, 01:04 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

YOU made a mistake by not confirming what you received BEFORE you used the product. To verify a proper product before use is nothing new.

But lately some clowns here want to make a thread as if somehow the vendor 'really screwed them'. Grow up and quit slandering vendors for YOUR MISTAKE!

And if you do have a mix up - take it up one on one with the vendor like an adult instead of telling a one sided story against a business that is friendly to TMS.

Old 4/24/14, 06:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by slostang
The fact that is took you DAYS to notice this makes me think you should visit an eye doctor before you spend that $260 on wheels.

So how did they screw you? It sounds like YOU screwed up, drove for DAYS on the wheels and tires and are sad they won't what, replace them? hahahaha
WHAT HE SAID; ON STEROIDS TIMES 2!!!!!!!!
Old 4/24/14, 07:18 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
No offense but Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles sitting in a dark room could see the color difference on those wheels.

I would sell the two wheels and re -buy them. Consider it a lesson learned. Life has many and I forks from experience. That is not the fault of AM.
Old 4/25/14, 12:11 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Hey, I'm really sorry that you feel like we screwed you. This is not the case and definitely was never our intentions. The Wheels are absolutely made for the customer who doesn't want to purchase a full set and is just looking for some wider rear Wheels. However, there was definitely some changes from the factory in the finish of the bullitt Wheels. We've seen 3-4 different finishes depending on the year of your Mustang. That being said, it's almost impossible to match every single Bullitt Wheel produced. However, we did our best to come out with one option that is very close to all of them. If you're unhappy with the results and aren't happy with the looks we can definitely work with you here. Since you drove on the tires that puts me in a slightly tight spot but I'll never leave a customer up the creek without a paddle. I'll 100% make sure you're taken care of and satisfied with your order! I can offer you a great deal on the Front Wheels to make up for the break up in communication as well. If that is what you would like to do! Please shoot me a PM and we'll get you all squared away. -Dan
I don't think my phone is letting me send PM. If you could message me so we can work something out I would appreciate it. I need to get this dealt with within the next couple of days.
Old 4/25/14, 12:58 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good grief. What a load of crap. The worst part about this is. The OP never even tried calling AM, speaking with customer service about this misunderstanding. Dude just posts complete crap about how AM screwed him because he made the mistake.

The OP could of easily messaged Dan in private and asked for assistance. Dan would of more than gone out of his way for this guy. But no, let's spew complete garbage about AM because I can, its the internet and OP has a voice.
Old 4/26/14, 09:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I say a title change is in order or maybe a mod can just close this thread

Quick Reply: American muscle has screwed me pretty bad this time