Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > SN95 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 7/9/11, 4:49 PM   #1

1996 Mustang GT Coupe
1996 Mustang Mach 460 wiring/setup

I bought a 96 gt that appears to have had the Mach 460 system in it at one time but currently has a Sony xplod and only 4 speakers (the 2 small Mach 460 speakers on the upper doors and the 2 in the doors. There us wiring and spots/covers for a couple speakers in the back window and wiring for a subwoofer which I believe was aftermarket.

I am trying to figure out what should be in the car and what is aftermarket. It looks like the Mach 460 system had 6 speakers total? But I can't find wires leading to the 2 lower door speakers as of yet. Dies anyone have specs on what exactly came with the Mach 460 system in the 1996 gt? Or a wiring diagram for it? Any help is appreciated.
Lios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/5/11, 11:03 AM   #2

The 460 comes with 4 tweeters ( 2 front 2 rear) and 4 woofers ( 2 front 2 rear). The doors have woofers in them with the tweeters up top, and the rear deck should have 4 speakers in it as well. The 4 woofers originally ran off 2 amps in the trunk and the 4 tweeters run off of the headunit. From the way it sounds, the previous owner either
A) ran the 4 speakers wires from the head unit to only the front doors
Or
B) they somehow lost connection to the tweeters in the rear and one amp is running the 2 door speakers.
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/5/11, 11:03 AM