05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shifter Bezels?

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/06, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Chrome Automatic is available.
Satin Automatic was rejected due to anodize guys screwing up the parts.

Manual Chrome and Satin in the works - need more tweaking yet to be 100%. I'm still not happy with the part itself, let alone sending them off for finishing.
This doesnt sound good for my chances of getting one before the show does it.
Oh well I still deffinately want one of the Satin Automatics when they come available.
Old 1/6/07, 11:40 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by garyb900
Do you have any pictures of the finished chrome automatic?
Yes, here they are.

Originally Posted by mustangshadow
This doesnt sound good for my chances of getting one before the show does it.
Oh well I still deffinately want one of the Satin Automatics when they come available.
Sorry man - it just wasn't something I wanted out there with our name on it at the SS show - you will be first on the list when they can give me back a part that looks like it should, or at least like we sent them to begin with... This finish is very difficult to deal with, much harder than our brushed or black finishes.

**On Edit**

Here's the link to them on our website - please know that all orders for satin finish will be held until we're happy with the quality of the pieces, shouldn't be long, but we just don't have them back yet (again).

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=254
Attached Images    
Old 1/19/07, 08:55 PM
GT Member

Any updates on the manual shift piece?

Thanks

Old 1/21/07, 09:14 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump
Old 1/21/07, 06:50 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Manual - waiting for an opening in the machine time to get these going - FWIW, I'm waiting too, as my personal car is a manual... so I won't get one very much sooner than you

Automatic - finally were happy with some we received back from anodize, so we can fill the backorders on the GT pieces, plain pieces probably Tuesday or Wednesday. The chrome we already have been getting good ones back, so those are now a regular stocking item.
Old 1/22/07, 08:52 PM

*raises hand*

Dont forget about me
Old 1/22/07, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

lets get on those mauals before i order the ford part
Old 1/22/07, 10:33 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well heck, if I was willing to sell them for 200.00 or so a piece, I'm sure we could bump them to the front of the line

Seriously, it's just a matter of getting everything done. For example, tonight we were at the shop late again, working on the deluxe door handle kits - there was one offset set incorrectly, and it scrapped 30.00 worth of aluminum, and a 88.00 cutter, the 4th cutter to get totaled out by a "stupid" mistake - not the same mistake, just another stupid one.

And of course, this is because we keep trying to tweak it just >.< much more to get it 100% perfect, and also do it in a reasonable time per part, which of course are two completely competing issues. So we're working on things as fast as we can, just can only keep so many things juggled at once. If I was willing to do just do a simple "knock-off" part, we'd have had them out two months ago, instead of sitting here talking about it now...
Old 1/23/07, 09:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously, it's just a matter of getting everything done. For example, tonight we were at the shop late again, working on the deluxe door handle kits - there was one offset set incorrectly, and it scrapped 30.00 worth of aluminum, and a 88.00 cutter, the 4th cutter to get totaled out by a "stupid" mistake - not the same mistake, just another stupid one.

And of course, this is because we keep trying to tweak it just >.< much more to get it 100% perfect, and also do it in a reasonable time per part, which of course are two completely competing issues. So we're working on things as fast as we can, just can only keep so many things juggled at once. If I was willing to do just do a simple "knock-off" part, we'd have had them out two months ago, instead of sitting here talking about it now...
By all means get them to where you are satisfied with them, I'm patiently waiting on the door handles and manual bezel.

If you ever need a S197 GT convertible specific mule I'm 35 miles north of you.

BB

Semper Fi
Old 1/23/07, 04:23 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Bob, I will definitely keep that in mind if we end up doing anything drop-top specific. Since we don't own one, nor do I know anyone locally with one, if you've got some ideas for drop-top specific products, email me and I'll take a look at them.
Old 1/30/07, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Automatic - finally were happy with some we received back from anodize, so we can fill the backorders on the GT pieces, plain pieces probably Tuesday or Wednesday. The chrome we already have been getting good ones back, so those are now a regular stocking item.
So does this mean that the anodized shifter bezel is currently available for the automatic?
Old 1/30/07, 07:57 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Here's where we are with availability at the moment:

Chrome GT Automatic - in stock
Chrome no lettering Auto - in stock
Satin GT Automatic - in stock (but low)
Satin no logo Auto - backordered (currently due to anodize continuing to mess up the parts, forcing us to re-work them)

All manual parts - still not released yet, but I should see a finished part this week with all the changes I've made to it from the one that has been on our car.

HTH.
Old 1/31/07, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the update!
Old 2/2/07, 10:59 PM
V6 Member

Yes, please let us know as soon as the satin 5spd ones are ready
Old 2/4/07, 10:47 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Tried the revised piece over the weekend - didn't like a couple things about it, so another go-around before they get approved for production...

I guess I need to have a closer eye on this to get it done...
Old 2/5/07, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Still waiting on the chrome 5 speed one...I know it will be worth the wait, but Im just so impatient and want it now.
Old 2/7/07, 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Marcello, how is the 5 speed manual bezel coming? I just ordered the satin finish GT cupholder bezel and am anxiously waiting the shifter bezel. Keep up the good work!
Old 2/8/07, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

Marcello, sent you a PM. You know I never opened this topic before glad I did though. As soon as I figure out which finish I want you got your self another customer, no ones stuff looks better
Old 2/8/07, 08:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Thanks guys - I just sent the revised drawings back to the machinists to move a wall .050" - it's that whole perfection thing again, and they think I'm crazy.

But with that change, once I see a good sample we'll be in business with them - I know there is a lot of interest in getting them out there, so we're working on it.
Old 2/10/07, 07:02 PM

Cant wait
I am hoping to show one of these bad boys off at FFW in Orlando for ya

Quick Reply: Shifter Bezels?