05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Not happy with MRT direct

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/06, 09:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Not happy with MRT direct

About 2 weeks ago, my cobra shifter ball split around the equator (1/2 way). I have only had it for 6 months. I have now sent 2 messages and still no reply.

Anyone else have problems?
Old 6/12/06, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Good Luck. I have been waiting over a month and have called them three times about purchasing a product from them and they don't seem to have anyone who can tell me about it.
Old 6/12/06, 03:36 PM
Cobra Member

I talked to Scott about some fitment issues with my axle-back, and he whined like a mule because I posted pics and "was trying to hurt his business". I got the parts replaced, and I won't purchase from there again. I wasn't trying to hurt MRT, I was trying to get my tips lined-up properly. Notice that there is no longer an MRT/as Scott forum here anymore- I wonder why that is?
Old 6/12/06, 08:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm... this is odd! Although I have only done a couple of orders from MRT I've yet to have any major issues. Of course I've found it much quicker to call them than wait for an e-mail response. When I ordered my intake from them it was not officially released yet (it was still being tested). When I called to get a status update I got to talk to Scott who gave me a detailed explanation of what was happening. A week or two later the intake showed up on my door step!
Old 6/12/06, 08:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Infinity
I talked to Scott about some fitment issues with my axle-back, and he whined like a mule because I posted pics and "was trying to hurt his business". I got the parts replaced, and I won't purchase from there again. I wasn't trying to hurt MRT, I was trying to get my tips lined-up properly. Notice that there is no longer an MRT/as Scott forum here anymore- I wonder why that is?
Wanting an aftermarket, therefore what exhaust had the problems?

Thanks.
Old 6/12/06, 11:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was at MRT in august and everyone there was cool as hell

i hope it was just a misunderstanding
Old 6/13/06, 06:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Not sure, but I was looking to get more stuff from them (hood lifts, cdc stuff) but if this is their idea of customer service, at least let me know about the ball, It is basic poor workmanship. Heck, their cost cannot be much. I paid 34 for it. Not worth the bad feelings on their part.
Old 6/13/06, 07:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I bought their Aero turbine muffler, and ended up returning it they were really cool about it. Did not give me a full refund, because it was "used" for all of a day and I returned it to them with ZERO signs of it being used. Though thats neither here nor there, Scott was very helpful got a little testy when I told him the muffler sounded like a Civic with a fart can on it. Still he called me talked with me about sound and tone given the engine I learned alot. Asked me to call him as soon as I found one I liked so he could document it for future customers with similar cars. I did have to call to get a responce though, gave up on the email.
Old 6/14/06, 03:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Badsnke98
Wanting an aftermarket, therefore what exhaust had the problems?

Thanks.
I got the Aero axelbacks. I had to bend a hanger to line them up, but they sound INCREDIBLE. Not the friendliest, but they do have decent stuff. Keep in mind I have a factory-catted Prochamber also, so the sound is very deep, but not obnoxiously loud.