Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 Modifications > 05-09 Interior and Audio Mods
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 8/3/08, 2:52 PM   #1
Shelby GT350 Member

IUP Trim Bezel Around Automatic Shifter...

I decided to play around and try something different today so I removed the boot from my IUP shift bezel, resinstalled the PRND321 indicator bezel and snapped the IUP trim bezel around it. All this is reversable if I decide to put the boot back.

As I said the trim bezel fits perfectly around the auto shift indicator bezel...

I was looking at some pictures of all the classic Mustangs with auto shifters and decided to recapture the look especially since the shift indicator bezel is radiused to mimick the classic ones...

Now I have got to get a satin cup holder insert and e-brake handle...

Click the image to open in full size.

1991 Ford Probe LX V6

Former Fords:

1976 Mustang II Cobra II V8 - 1978 Ford LTD II 2dr. Hardtop 351W - 1994 Mustang V6 Convertible - 1985 Thunderbird V8 - 1989 Thunderbird V6 - 1999 Mustang V6 Coupe - 2003 Escape XLT V6 - 2008 Mustang V6 Pony Package Coupe - 1984 Thunderbird V8 - 2010 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package Coupe - 2011 Ranger - 1996 Taurus

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/3/08 at 4:38 PM.
watchdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/3/08, 10:47 PM   #2
Mach 1 Member

Mark

2007 Satin Silver GT w/5 speed man.
I think it looks good

Performance Mods: C&L Racer CAI + AMSOIL filter, w/ 93 octane dyno tune by Tillman Speed, Borla Stinger axleback, CHE K-member brace w/torque limiters
Exterior Mods: GT500 conversion., GT500 style rims, Kumho Ecsta ASX 255/50-17 tires, clear front turn signals, BSM GT500 slate gray stripes w/matching rocker stripe, G2 painted calipers, shortie antenna, Agent 47 mirrors painted
Interior Mods: SHR Satin "GT" cupholder bezel, MGW e-brake handle and power oultet plug, GT500 pedals, RedlineGoods black leather shift boot
GTMark052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/5/08, 9:18 PM   #3
GT Member

Andy

2008 GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdevil View Post
I decided to play around and try something different today so I removed the boot from my IUP shift bezel, resinstalled the PRND321 indicator bezel and snapped the IUP trim bezel around it. All this is reversable if I decide to put the boot back.

As I said the trim bezel fits perfectly around the auto shift indicator bezel...

I was looking at some pictures of all the classic Mustangs with auto shifters and decided to recapture the look especially since the shift indicator bezel is radiused to mimick the classic ones...

Now I have got to get a satin cup holder insert and e-brake handle...

watchdevil
this looks great. did you paint the shift bezel silver, like the center stack panel? I see that you also painted the door speaker trim rings. I have been thinking about doing something like this. What color silver did you use? it looks like a perfect match.
HPwhitevert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/6/08, 9:54 AM   #4
Shelby GT350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPwhitevert View Post
watchdevil
this looks great. did you paint the shift bezel silver, like the center stack panel? I see that you also painted the door speaker trim rings. I have been thinking about doing something like this. What color silver did you use? it looks like a perfect match.
The shift indicator bezel and the satin trim ring around it are factory Ford parts. The satin PRND321 shift indicator bezel was original in my car with the Interior Upgrade Package. The outer trim ring came included with the Interior Upgrade Package manual transmission boot as used on Premium GT's and Bullitt models.

I used Duplicolor 11 oz. Truck, Van & SUV paint T191 Ultra Silver on the center stack bezel, door switch plates and speaker rings. I even included painting the on/off buttons on my map lights and the recliner levers on the sides of my seats.

1991 Ford Probe LX V6

Former Fords:

1976 Mustang II Cobra II V8 - 1978 Ford LTD II 2dr. Hardtop 351W - 1994 Mustang V6 Convertible - 1985 Thunderbird V8 - 1989 Thunderbird V6 - 1999 Mustang V6 Coupe - 2003 Escape XLT V6 - 2008 Mustang V6 Pony Package Coupe - 1984 Thunderbird V8 - 2010 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package Coupe - 2011 Ranger - 1996 Taurus
Old 8/6/08, 7:17 PM   #5
GT Member

Andy

2008 GT/CS
Thanks for the silver color info; I'm gonna paint the speaker rings at a minimum. I have a new 08 GT/CS with charcoal and dove interior and also have the IUP - but my auto trans. bezel ring is black/charcoal plastic. I checked the Ford brochure and the CS interiors shown have the black plastic trim bezel. Would you have the Ford part number of this piece? I've seen after market versions, but I like the Ford version best.
Old 8/6/08, 7:25 PM   #6
Cobra Member

Ray

2005 Windveil Blue V6 Modified
Send a message via AIM to poldrv Send a message via MSN to poldrv
The Cupholder and E-Brake cover you can get from
mustang corvette accessories | ss inserts
Old 8/6/08, 8:00 PM   #7
Cobra Member

Ray

2005 Windveil Blue V6 Modified
Send a message via AIM to poldrv Send a message via MSN to poldrv
The Cupholder and E-Brake cover you can get from
mustang corvette accessories | ss inserts
Old 8/6/08, 10:54 PM   #8
Shelby GT350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPwhitevert View Post
Thanks for the silver color info; I'm gonna paint the speaker rings at a minimum. I have a new 08 GT/CS with charcoal and dove interior and also have the IUP - but my auto trans. bezel ring is black/charcoal plastic. I checked the Ford brochure and the CS interiors shown have the black plastic trim bezel. Would you have the Ford part number of this piece? I've seen after market versions, but I like the Ford version best.
All of the automatics whether they are IUP or not have the back rectangular trim ring around the shifter indicator bezel. When you have the IUP option with an automatic, you get the PRND321 bezel and shift handle lever in satin silver.

In order to get a satin trim ring like the one I used, you have to order the manual transmission shifter boot with the IUP option which comes with the satin silver ring. The part number is 7R3Z-7277-BA . If you wish to use it without the boot just remove it by snapping off the base flange plate, remove the boot and snap the base flange back into place.

Or if you wanna do cheap, just paint the black trim bezel you have the Duplicolor Ultra Silver I described in a previous post.

1991 Ford Probe LX V6

Former Fords:

Last edited by watchdevil; 8/6/08 at 10:57 PM.
Old 8/11/08, 7:12 PM   #9
GT Member

Andy

2008 GT/CS
thanks for the satin silver ring part number. got it on order...
Old 8/11/08, 7:12 PM