05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Hood Pin Dilema.....wife got me

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/06, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Traffic,
I saw that in your post. Funny, I don't remember getting any instructions from CDC to that extent.... I don't know that I would want them attached to the underhood anyway....Yes, I have to remember to unhook them when I pop the hood, but no difference than if I had "real" ones....And, not that I would want to rely on 3M tape, but, attached like this, they would actually keep the hood down in an extreme situation....

Mike
Old 10/16/06, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have real hood pins but a fake hood scoop and fake side scoops. It's your ride do what you want and the heck with everyone else.
Attached Thumbnails Hood Pin Dilema.....wife got me-82.jpg  
Old 10/16/06, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I have real hood pins but a fake hood scoop and fake side scoops. It's your ride do what you want and the heck with everyone else.
+1......And pretty MG.......

Mike
Old 10/17/06, 06:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I appreciate it guys and gals. This was the first non prompted gift for the mustang from her in over a year of owning one. I put them on last night. And I like how they look. I will try and post some pics soon. I still have to hook up the lanyards. I think I will follow the instructions on mounting them on the underside of the hood.

Also in addition to fake hood and side scoops......I just thought of this Ford started it by giving us a fake (faux) rear gas tank cap.

So in the end who the heck cares? Do what you want. Now if I can get the dern visa paid off I am going with a different hood (not sure which one now) and probably real pins.
Old 10/18/06, 12:42 PM

get your wife a new stang and then she will ok any mods you need, but trust me it will cost you double for her mods.
Old 10/18/06, 02:13 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just stick them on for a while to keep her happy.. and show her a couple real setups to get her going.
you never know, she might get you a real set by Christmas

here's my teaser.. grille goes on tomorrow after the hood pin lanyards are attached
Attached Thumbnails Hood Pin Dilema.....wife got me-sp_a0242.jpg   Hood Pin Dilema.....wife got me-sp_a0241.jpg  
Old 10/18/06, 02:21 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by traffic142
Well, got them in today. They look good. I am still out to lunch on what to do. The lanyards attach to the underside of the hood. So If I go to a car show, most folks won't see them anyway. I have done a whole bunch to my engine bay.

I was worried that they would be attached to the radiator frame, but they are not.

Can anyone show me their stick on hood pins?
Because My hubby wouldn't let me drill holes:

Old 10/19/06, 05:27 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I guess its a little late, but how about if a wife sounds off on this one? I have purchased my husband things for his motorcycle in the past, (I knew nothing about dirt bikes) and this is how it plays out:

Me: "hunny, look what I got you... you have been talking about wanting one of these.."

Him: "thank you so much babe. You rock. I totally appreciate it, I just wasnt clear when I was talking about it..."

Me:" What do you mean? You dont like it? I went though a lot to get that for you!"

Him:"I know hunny, and its my fault for not being more clear. Let me show you the difference. Come with me to the store and we can get the new one together."

The first reaction for a lot of guys is to lie, or excuse or whatever AROUND it. You married these women, I would hope you trust them, you love and respect them. That being the case, they love you, trust you, and respect you as well and as such as long as you express honest appreciation for thier gift, respect thier feelings by not making them feel like idiots, and be honest about your conflict with it, you should be fine.

Not to mention, a lot of times, when you INVOLVE them in the process of say purchasing hood pins, they will get enthusiatic about it and become Stang wives! My uneducated purchases about dirt bikes landed me on a quad, and loving going to the desert... heck, my kid even rides a dirt bike now!

If using the stick on ones help you make the leap to drilling in functional ones, then TELL HER THAT. Once you explain the hazards of the functional ones, she will be happy she was a part of the process. The most important thing is to APPRECIATE what she gave you. If you dont like it, just tell her, and then ask for her help in choosing the one you do like. Educate her, I bet she gets a kick out of it... Seeing you boys act like 6yr olds on Xmas morning when you get a new Stang gadget is all worth it.