Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 Modifications > 05-09 Exterior Modifications
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 7/27/06, 1:02 AM   #1
Shelby GT350 Member

Ira

2006 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to RedDragon777
Cervini's Eleanor side exhuast

does anyone have pics of the kit and pics of it alone right out of the box..i am planing on this being my next mod and any comments on it...i have a stock exhuast right now but i know i will end up going with LT's and O/R H

Tuned by Chris Rose.
RedDragon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/27/06, 6:30 AM   #2
Cobra Member

Send a message via Yahoo to clintoris
I don't have any pics, nor do I have it, but my biggest concern would be speed bumps. Even rolling slow over them, I'd be affraid of crushing everything.

On Order - 2013 GT Premium |
MTX | Black on Black | Track Pack | Electronics & Comfort Packs | Pedestal Spoiler

2006 Mustang GT Premium

'98 Mustang GT

'88 Mustang GT
clintoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/27/06, 7:45 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to 2006GT500
I haven't had any problems with speed bumps yet...however, I avoid them most of the time. I'm still in the process of getting my side skirts and rear valance painted but I have the exhaust minus the tips installed. If you're planning on doing LT's and X pipe, my recommendation would be to either do it all at the same time or do the LT's and X pipe first. I really like the kit though and love the way it sounds. I can't wait for mine to be finished.
Old 7/27/06, 5:44 PM   #4
Shelby GT350 Member

Ira

2006 Mustang GT
I do not wory about speed bumps around here since the highest speed bump in almost the whole lower valley is only 1in tall and I am running factory heaight...the only problem around here is dips which will massacre the Eleanor front bumper....but I think it will sound nice just with the magnaflows...but I am going to get my JLT, JBA LT's and H-pipe, and SCT all at once

Tuned by Chris Rose.
Old 7/27/06, 6:09 PM   #5
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Krazed
I have it, and lowering springs, so speed bumps are a bit of a worry for me. I either avoid them or just go very slowly, not a big deal.

I've bottomed out a few times on speed bumps or dips in roads, but it's not a major concern. Unless you get airborn and land on a speed bump you're not going to crack the pipes.
Exterior Mods: Cervini Eleanor side exhaust, spoiler and window scoops. Agent 47 side mirrors. FC Custom Ram Air hood. Custom Grille Pony. Staggered Stern ST-1 Face III Beast in Nitto 555s. Clear Turn Signals.
Performance Mods: UDP, C&L CAI, Custom Diablo Tune, 62mm TB. Full Saleen suspension.
Everything else: Interior MGW dressups. Midwest Autogear Plenum Cover. UPR Billet Pedal Covers. Custom Embroidered Headrests. Powder Coated Valve Covers. Custom Door Lock Grommets.
Krazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/28/06, 12:24 AM   #6
Mach 1 Member

If you're not lowered, you really won't have a problem with them, however if you are lowered like Krazed and me, then yes, the pipes will scrape on a lot of speed bumps. Despite that, the pipes are holding up great after being on for 7 months now.

You'll get it in a box like this from Cervini's:

Click the image to open in full size.

The install is straight forward. Step by step picture instructions are included and are easy to follow. The best tip I can give, is that when you are trying to remove the stock mid pipes, I found it easiest to take the back apart to where you can remove the springs, the mid pipes are then very easy to bend out from under the car. I did the entire install in my driveway with the car on jackstands.

Check out my CarDomain pages for more pics of it on the car.

Best ET: 13.5 @ 103

Current mods:
VIS Racing carbon fiber cowl induction hood, 20x10 & 20x9 Replica GT-R rims with Nitto tires, Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, Cervini's side-exhaust side skirts/rear lip w/ Magnaflow Magnapacks, Airaid cold air intake, SCT Xcal 2 w/ Bamachips tune, Pypes o/r H, Hurst short throw, Painted Center Console, shorty antenna, Limo tint all the way around, Sony head unit, MTX 5x7's MTX 2 12's w/ 600w amp.
mustangspeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/28/06, 12:38 AM   #7
Shelby GT350 Member

Ira

2006 Mustang GT
thanks speeder i was waiting for you to chime in...yeah that is what i wanted to know...my friend owns a professional lift so he can put it in for me...and the peices will go to my friends paint shop...did it take alot of prep for the skirts and valence?

Tuned by Chris Rose.
Old 7/28/06, 1:05 AM   #8
Mach 1 Member

Well I had just a random shop paint it, and honestly they did a very poor job. The color didn't exactly match and now it's starting to flake off in the wheel wells.

My best advise for the painters is to get ALL the release agent off of them. Cervini's uses a ton in the process of making the urathane pieces, which arrive pretty greasy.

The install for the skirts and rear lip are also very straight forward and take very little time. The only part I was nervious about was drilling holes in the side of the car for the skirts. I only drilled 3 of the 5 holes and I've had no problems. See pic here

Oh yeah, here's how the sounded after I put it on....You're gonna LOVE IT!!

Clip 1, driving

Clip 2, revs

Current mods:
VIS Racing carbon fiber cowl induction hood, 20x10 & 20x9 Replica GT-R rims with Nitto tires, Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, Cervini's side-exhaust side skirts/rear lip w/ Magnaflow Magnapacks, Airaid cold air intake, SCT Xcal 2 w/ Bamachips tune, Pypes o/r H, Hurst short throw, Painted Center Console, shorty antenna, Limo tint all the way around, Sony head unit, MTX 5x7's MTX 2 12's w/ 600w amp.
Old 7/28/06, 9:05 AM   #9

What did it run you to get your skirts and rear valance painted?
Old 7/28/06, 10:20 AM   #10
Mach 1 Member

I paid $700

Current mods:
Old 7/28/06, 2:07 PM   #11

Ouch. That's gonna hurt my bank account.
Old 7/28/06, 2:39 PM   #12
GT Member

Send a message via AIM to Krazed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragon777
thanks speeder i was waiting for you to chime in...yeah that is what i wanted to know...my friend owns a professional lift so he can put it in for me...and the peices will go to my friends paint shop...did it take alot of prep for the skirts and valence?
I have to agree with speeder on this issue, make sure your paint shop knows EXACTLY what they're dealing with.

I had mine done by a local shop as well, but they did almost the entire body kit for me. Prep, paint, install, everything, so I can't give you an amount for just the skirts and valance.

What I can tell you, whoever, is what they told me. The release agent forced them to work ont he parts about 3 times as long as they would on metal. They even ordered special cleaning products just for it.

If your shop doesn't put the work in your parts are gonna end up like Speeders, they'll flake before very long. I'm told this is because of the method that they cast the products out of urethane. They have to coat the castings with the plastic adhesive to make sure the parts come out without damaging them.
Exterior Mods: Cervini Eleanor side exhaust, spoiler and window scoops. Agent 47 side mirrors. FC Custom Ram Air hood. Custom Grille Pony. Staggered Stern ST-1 Face III Beast in Nitto 555s. Clear Turn Signals.
Performance Mods: UDP, C&L CAI, Custom Diablo Tune, 62mm TB. Full Saleen suspension.
Everything else: Interior MGW dressups. Midwest Autogear Plenum Cover. UPR Billet Pedal Covers. Custom Embroidered Headrests. Powder Coated Valve Covers. Custom Door Lock Grommets.
Krazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/28/06, 2:49 PM   #13
TMS West Coast Correspondent

do any of you have this installed that doesnt have it dropped? If so can you measure the distance from the bottom of the side skirt to the ground for me? I want to know how much lower the side skirt sits when compared to the stock one. Or if any of you that have lowered your cars but can answer this Id also greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

2005 Black GT Manual Dark Charcoal Leather Bright Machined Wheels Shaker 500, Steeda Triax Shifter Muffler Delete w/ outlet Bullet tips, K&N Intake Redline Tuning Quicklift Shorty Antenna, JBA Cat4Ward Headers, painted calipers red, CDC SequentialsE&G Stainless Steel Taillight Bezels
rrobello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/28/06, 4:51 PM   #14
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobello
do any of you have this installed that doesnt have it dropped? If so can you measure the distance from the bottom of the side skirt to the ground for me? I want to know how much lower the side skirt sits when compared to the stock one. Or if any of you that have lowered your cars but can answer this Id also greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
The pipes under the car that connect with the tips are actually the lowest part, not the side skirts. With the Eibach Pro Kit on, I have 3" of clearance at the pipes and 3.5" at the skirts. This would translate into about 4.5" at the pipes and 5" at the skirts at stock height, which is plenty to clear speedbumps.

Current mods:
Old 7/30/06, 1:13 AM   #15
TMS West Coast Correspondent

thank you very much, I was trying to figure out how much more the cervinis side skirt hung down below the frame so the openening for the tips cleared it because I am thinking about doing side exhaust just with a side skirt that isnt cervinis nor designed for side exhaust.

2005 Black GT Manual Dark Charcoal Leather Bright Machined Wheels Shaker 500, Steeda Triax Shifter Muffler Delete w/ outlet Bullet tips, K&N Intake Redline Tuning Quicklift Shorty Antenna, JBA Cat4Ward Headers, painted calipers red, CDC SequentialsE&G Stainless Steel Taillight Bezels
rrobello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/30/06, 2:35 AM   #16
Shelby GT350 Member

Ira

2006 Mustang GT
should be ordering some time next month...Speeder did you weld the system yourself or get a shop to do it then installed it yourself

Tuned by Chris Rose.
Old 7/30/06, 9:44 AM   #17
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragon777
should be ordering some time next month...Speeder did you weld the system yourself or get a shop to do it then installed it yourself
Didn't have to weld anything at all. They provide all the bolts and clamps you need.

Current mods:
Old 7/30/06, 4:05 PM   #18
Shelby GT350 Member

Ira

2006 Mustang GT
Awesome....then yeah should be getting it soon

Tuned by Chris Rose.
Old 7/30/06, 4:05 PM