GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda G-Trac Bar - Installation?

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/07, 03:23 AM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Steeda G-Trac Bar - Installation?

I was looking through the FSM to figure out how to install the G-trac bar (torque values, etc...) when I came upon what appears to be the OEM bar (refer to Stabilizer Bar PDF).

With the Steeda bar, would I simply remove one of the inboard bolts that attach to the bushing for the LCA? Then re-torque the new longer bolt to 129 ft-lb?

How is the quality of the Steeda hardware and G-trac bar? Will I start to hear any rubbing noises because of the steel to steel contact between the bar and chassis?

Will I detect a difference in ride quality and handling on the road?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Stabilizer Bar.pdf (292.8 KB, 304 views)
File Type: pdf
Lower Arm.pdf (196.2 KB, 294 views)
Old 12/5/07, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, what cars get that bar from the factory? I do not have one on my 2006 GT Coupe. And can you get that bar from the Ford part's bin? Too late for me now anyway as I already have the Steeda G-trac bar. I thought it looked like that area was designed to have another support bar there...

Metroplex, yes, you remove the stock inbord bolt like you said and install the longer one from Steeda and re-torque to factory specs. You should not have any short/long term squeaking sounds if you get the hardware torqued properly.

As for the Steeda fasteners...if they are still supplying the black allen headed bolts, dab a bit of paint on them or at least some wax after you've got them torqued down. Otherwise, they'll start with some surface rust if you drive the car on any wet roads. The finish on the bar itself will look great for a long time (as long as you don't spend much time on gravel roads, I guess).

Under normal driving conditions, I did not notice a big difference but there were some special road conditions (diagonal crossings of railroad tracks and the like) where the front end did feel more solid after the install. I also have a strut tower support bar and the Steeda front sway bar support brackets.

Others will say there is no difference.
Old 12/5/07, 12:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mot250
Hey, what cars get that bar from the factory? I do not have one on my 2006 GT Coupe. And can you get that bar from the Ford part's bin? Too late for me now anyway as I already have the Steeda G-trac bar. I thought it looked like that area was designed to have another support bar there...
My understanding is the pre-08 convertibles had the bar, but as of 2008 both coupes and convertibles have the bar.
Old 12/5/07, 01:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I put one on my 06 GT and no squeeking or problems. I used a BMR bar and did not need new bolts.
Old 12/5/07, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by traffic142
Well I put one on my 06 GT and no squeeking or problems. I used a BMR bar and did not need new bolts.
+1...Although it's a real biatch to take off and put on with the stock bolts and headers.