GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

New Game, can you tell which dynorun is the JET TB

Old 11/13/05, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't?

The reason the overall numbers are different is because of a weird spike at the end of the run but as you can see from 2500rpm's to 6200 rpm's it is exactly the same....

I finally figured out how to get the automatic cars to dyno without that wierd spike at 4800 rpm's but unfortunatly only had 3-4 runs at the dyno day but I plan on going back now and getting some better comparison numbers for all of my previous dyno runs.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 11/13/05, 12:33 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Doug904@November 13, 2005, 12:18 PM
I can't?

The reason the overall numbers are different is because of a weird spike at the end of the run but as you can see from 2500rpm's to 6200 rpm's it is exactly the same....

I finally figured out how to get the automatic cars to dyno without that wierd spike at 4800 rpm's but unfortunatly only had 3-4 runs at the dyno day but I plan on going back now and getting some better comparison numbers for all of my previous dyno runs.

Thanks, Doug.

THANKS for the info Doug - you are confirming what I have been thinking since install - that if there is any miniscule benefit, for me, it isn't worth $100.

It really didn;t help any of my lag at all either. (but your TUNE sure as #%R%^@!#$ did... :worship: )
Old 11/13/05, 06:15 PM
Bullitt Member

so are you gonna leave the tbs on or off doug on your stang?
Old 11/13/05, 06:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was there for the test run, and it defintely did absolutely NO good. As far as taking it off or on, I'm not sure wht he'll do ... But, it won't make a difference either way :P
Old 11/13/05, 08:01 PM
Banned

It's off and in my truck, with a K&N CAI it doesn't make the fit to well as you have to loosen up the coolant tank and shove it sideways. I'd rather have the part off then have my coolant tank in a bind.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 11/13/05, 08:19 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

darn that sucks. Well I get better mileage anyway and I'm sure it's paid for itself by now.
Old 11/13/05, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ouch. That blows. ..but didn't someone show a dyno sheet that reported .8 hp and 10 tq?
Old 11/13/05, 10:26 PM
Cobra Member

well, I can atleast attest that the spacer improved my torque by a good # cause I locked my torque converter and destroyed my plugs because of it.

And yes, someone already reported that 1hp and 10ft/lbs gain.

-Dan
Old 11/13/05, 11:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Curious as to how a TB spacer destroyed your spark plugs...? With a JLT, tune, and a TB will I need to re-gap my plugs?
Old 11/14/05, 01:34 AM
Cobra Member

well, this 1 time at Sacramento Raceway... I made a few runs with my nitrous setup (only new performance mod was the TBS) and I ended up locking my converter in 4th gear due to passing the torque threshold or whatever you want to call it. This TC lockup also killed my engine output @ 4000rpm with the spray full on. This was the likely cause of the melting of the spark plugs, im just glad I didnt grenade the motor with little metal bouncing about.

The motor has run flawlessly since changing the plugs to a colder set.

My previous trip to the track was flawless (without the TBS) when spraying and my plugs made it through that experience.

I havent used the nitrous since because I need a new tune that will correct the torque management system of this auto equiped car.

You do not need to regap your plugs with a TBS. I dont care to recap my entire experience but if you like you can read through my topics and catch up with what Im doing and what I have gone through.

And to be clear, the TBS only added enough to the equation to send me over the edge of my "tune" IMO, it did not somehow get a hold of a hammer and start bashing at my plugs. :P

-Dan
Old 11/15/05, 07:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Interesting that this part showed no gains, when dozens of people have reported "seat of the pants" gains and less throttle lag, especially with the automatic.

Is there some way throttle response could be better without increasing horsepower/torque?

I trust Doug's work and believe his dyno results, just interesting. Placebo effect? I installed one in my ex's 05 auto GT, and I "thought" I could feel an effect on throttle lag.
Old 11/15/05, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't think just a throttle response improvement would show on a dyno sheet but would be felt in the pants.

I put the CAI and TBS with tune both on at the same time so I don't know what the TBS alone improvement was.
Old 11/15/05, 04:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by 6505pony@November 15, 2005, 9:01 AM
I don't think just a throttle response improvement would show on a dyno sheet but would be felt in the pants.

I put the CAI and TBS with tune both on at the same time so I don't know what the TBS alone improvement was.

Hi Steve,
I am surprized with Lidio's tune in your car you would need any better throttle response. I have been running his tune for only a week and it is just like have a cable again. Doug's info about the TBS does not surprize me. But hay if it makes you feel better than do it!!!
Scott
Old 11/15/05, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@November 15, 2005, 6:46 PM
Hi Steve,
I am surprized with Lidio's tune in your car you would need any better throttle response. I have been running his tune for only a week and it is just like have a cable again. Doug's info about the TBS does not surprize me. But hay if it makes you feel better than do it!!!
Scott
It wasn't I needed the TBS. I just put it in as an additional inexpensive mod in addition to Lidio's tune. I never ran the car without the TBS and CAI together. I just put in the TBS because of the positive feedback that everyone was giving even with a tune of and additional 10tq. Maybe it was overkill but it wasn't expensive.
Old 11/15/05, 05:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by 6505pony@November 15, 2005, 6:10 PM
It wasn't I needed the TBS. I just put it in as an additional inexpensive mod in addition to Lidio's tune. I never ran the car without the TBS and CAI together. I just put in the TBS because of the positive feedback that everyone was giving even with a tune of and additional 10tq. Maybe it was overkill but it wasn't expensive.

Steve,
I have not been able to decide what to do about the TBS. When it first came out I was one of the skeptics about it and got flamed pretty good back than. But, than I also read all of the positive posts about the seat of the pants feel and better fuel mileage people were getting and I was becoming a believer. Now, because I have a lot of respect for Doug at Bamachips I am not sure what to do. Hard to argue with his dyno pulls.
Scott :scratch:
Old 11/15/05, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

im going to do a new dyno run dec 1st and recheck my tune from JDM. ill let u know if i get any difference in performance #
Old 11/15/05, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Could be tune specific and Doug's tune have that special mojo that others can't quite figure out??
Old 11/15/05, 06:34 PM
Banned

One thing it could be too is that I have an automatic so horsepower gains are kinda hardfelt as opposed to a manual. Driveline loss can eat up small gains such as 5-8hp that you may see with a manual car. I plan on keeping the Spacer long enough to test it on a manual car to see if there are any gains there and I'll be sure to let everyone know, again.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 11/15/05, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

A TB will not add more HP unless the current one is restriting the airflow, my guess id that the stock TB is easily able to handle up to about 400-450 hp with no problem. Not only is it useless to have it gives you less controll as a larger TB allows more air at a time while its opening not allowing for as much control on the airflow.

Throttle responce is electronically controlled by the ECU so a TB should not make any difference, the tune is what you most likely "feel"
Old 11/16/05, 06:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Doug904@November 15, 2005, 8:37 PM
One thing it could be too is that I have an automatic so horsepower gains are kinda hardfelt as opposed to a manual. Driveline loss can eat up small gains such as 5-8hp that you may see with a manual car. I plan on keeping the Spacer long enough to test it on a manual car to see if there are any gains there and I'll be sure to let everyone know, again.

Thanks, Doug.
Hey, Doug, I've got a manual and I'm about to put my TBS on, and I'd like to get a custom dyno tune from you as well to squeeze out a couple extra ponies. Let me know when you want to "get 'er done". And we'll see what this TBS does to a manual.

Drop me a PM, or you have my email.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Game, can you tell which dynorun is the JET TB