GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

JET Power-Flo Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/05, 07:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather is looking good for Friday (22nd), no signs of rain. Finally get a chance to take her down and run her with the new mods. I'll be heading down after work and be there around 5:30 or so. Anyone want to meet up, let me know, I'll give ya my cell and I'll be wearing my TMS Shirt so people can easily find me.

-Maverick- :drive:
Old 7/21/05, 08:05 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Lime05owner@July 20, 2005, 9:30 PM

Well said sir!!

Jay
Almost 50 grand invested in my car and you call me cheap
I think it is called research and buying something that yields positive results, not negative ones.

Edit: Sorry but that was for Elvism.
Old 7/21/05, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

Couple of small things I forgot to add in my original post.

1st off, yes it will fit with a C&L intake pipe. It is a tight fit, but it will fit.
2nd, I had to lengthen the breather hose that runs from the intake pipe to the passengers side cam cover.

Just thought I would add these details.
Old 7/21/05, 11:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@July 21, 2005, 7:32 AM
Weather is looking good for Friday (22nd), no signs of rain. Finally get a chance to take her down and run her with the new mods. I'll be heading down after work and be there around 5:30 or so. Anyone want to meet up, let me know, I'll give ya my cell and I'll be wearing my TMS Shirt so people can easily find me.

maybe youll get all the "bashers" to show up even if there cross country and see your "spacer"in action!!!!!
Old 7/21/05, 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@July 21, 2005, 8:32 AM

You go to Englishtown?
Old 7/21/05, 12:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

I've never been to enlishtown, but atco is the closest one by me
Old 7/21/05, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by hawgman@July 21, 2005, 9:43 AM
Couple of small things I forgot to add in my original post.

1st off, yes it will fit with a C&L intake pipe. It is a tight fit, but it will fit.
2nd, I had to lengthen the breather hose that runs from the intake pipe to the passengers side cam cover.

Just thought I would add these details.
Good info, thank's!
Old 7/23/05, 07:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, Thanks
Old 7/26/05, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

**T/B SPACER UPDATE**

It was brought to my attention by another member on here about the gaskets that come with the t/b spacer! You only need to use ONE of the two gaskets provided. I unfortionately put both them on and thats a no no! I called JET and asked them about it and they said I need to take the one out from behind the throttle body spacer going into the intake manifold. So you only need the one from the T/B to the T/B spacer. Thought I'd bring that to everyone's attention.
Old 7/26/05, 01:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Give me a break, a throttle body spacer? This is just as bad as the "Tornado" they sell at Pepboys. I wouldn't waste my money on this unless I saw adequate before and after dynos.
Old 7/26/05, 01:58 PM
Cobra Member

Noone has commented on the graph that JET provided. Does anyone recognize the graph from any know dyno ? I don't. I would take the same side and assume this product is more like the Turbonator ... lots of claims. Just my opinion. Nothing personal.

-Bryan
Old 7/26/05, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@July 26, 2005, 12:24 PM
**T/B SPACER UPDATE**

It was brought to my attention by another member on here about the gaskets that come with the t/b spacer! You only need to use ONE of the two gaskets provided. I unfortionately put both them on and thats a no no! I called JET and asked them about it and they said I need to take the one out from behind the throttle body spacer going into the intake manifold. So you only need the one from the T/B to the T/B spacer. Thought I'd bring that to everyone's attention.
Thanks, Mav. Mine is supposed to arrive on Thursday, so I appreciate the update! Probably saved me from doing twice. LOL
Old 7/26/05, 02:53 PM
V6 Member

Don, let us know how it is on the Butt-O-Meter when you get it installed. Thanks :drive:
Old 7/26/05, 03:46 PM

If it helps at all in the 2500-4000 rpm range, it will be worth every penny to me. My 60-ft times on Saturday at the track will tell me more than a dyno (or Butt-o-Meter) ever would.
Old 7/26/05, 05:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by don_w@July 26, 2005, 3:49 PM
If it helps at all in the 2500-4000 rpm range, it will be worth every penny to me. My 60-ft times on Saturday at the track will tell me more than a dyno (or Butt-o-Meter) ever would.
I doubt what you say will matter much. So far two of us have said that we definitely feel a difference, and where we feel the difference, and people are still calling bullpoo. So is a 3rd positive opinion going to change anything?

And I only used one gasket. Left the factory rubber gasket in place on the plenium.
Old 7/26/05, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

Here's my take on the TB spacer...

I installed it yesterday and ran her hard. I was liery of this product but do to testamony read on here I decided to give it a go. I must say it did exactly what I was hoping it would. It cured the flat spot in my acceleration, and made the throttle crisper. I don't excpect much in RWHP, but the difference it make's in the acceleration and throttle response is well worth the $100 buck's. Good, easy mod...
Old 7/26/05, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by hawgman@July 26, 2005, 5:22 PM
I doubt what you say will matter much. So far two of us have said that we definitely feel a difference, and where we feel the difference, and people are still calling bullpoo. So is a 3rd positive opinion going to change anything?
And I only used one gasket. Left the factory rubber gasket in place on the plenium.

Hey Guys,
I was one of the early guys that said so me the dyno sheets. I was not knocking anyone at the time and am not doing so now. All I would like to see is an HONEST dyno pull before and after with the spacer and I will purchase one of them. But to date I have not seen that presented and I am sorry but the SOTP feel does not cut it with me. Please, nobody take offense at my opinion but the dyno sheet provided from the manufacturer makes no sense at all. I would think if this thing works like promoted it would be worth the couple of hundred bucks for the manufacture to provide us with HONEST results with ONLY the spacer being the varible between 2 pulls. Am I out of line in thinking this way?????????
Scott
Old 7/26/05, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Hello everyone that does not believe in TB Spacer....Thanks to Maverick...i ordered one,and the results are very worth the investment! I have an Auto ,and it has always had that doggy off idle thing. I have a tuner and have tried all kinds of adjustments. I have no access to a Dyno...so i have to use Butt-o-meter. My off idle lag is GONE!!! Car runs alot smoother in my opinion! It feels a heck of alot better off idle and into the higher RPM's to where the motors power takes over! I don't know how much was gained or at what rpm's....but i do know,that for 100 bucks,it was well worthy it!!!
Originally posted by hawgman@July 26, 2005, 7:22 PM
Old 7/26/05, 06:01 PM
Cobra Member

I think those that are looking at this mod to gain RWHP will be dissapointed. You might gain 5 or 6 but there is more variation than that in dyno pull's. If you want to make your throttle response better and crisper and possibley remove "flat spot's" in your acceleration, then this is a great mod and you will be happy with it.
Old 7/26/05, 06:46 PM

I just ignore the posts by people asking for "dyno" proof. That would prove nothing, IMO, if the spacer's primary benefit is in the low-to-mid range RPMs. Some people get fixated on peak HP... I'm not one of them.

Not to mention, dynos can be peculiar beasts. Look at the numbers in my sig. Those were from a dyno pull done by JBA Racing, with just a CAI/Predator on. I saw the sheet and the numbers myself, and I still think they are bullpoo. HP is low, and TQ is way high. Did anyone else gain "only" 13rwhp, yet gain a "whopping" 45rwtq with just a CAI??? (compared to my stock numbers of 257 and 274).

For a measly hundred bucks (which is nothing in the big scheme of things), and the testimony of two (now four) guys, this is a no-brainer for me... I've got to try it to feel what it does for my auto trans car. Like I said, I don't give a flip about dyno numbers... all I care about is track numbers, and if this thing can improve the bottom end response, and hopefully shorten my 60-ft times, then that is all that matters.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained... I'm looking forward to testing it at the track this weekend.

Quick Reply: JET Power-Flo Throttle Body Spacer