Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 Modifications > GT Performance Mods
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 7/15/05, 6:26 PM   #1
Team Mustang Source

Send a message via AIM to MaverickMLFD371 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickMLFD371
Talking

Click the image to open in full size.

The part finally arrived from the RPM Outlet and had the chance to finally install it. Came in a big box, and not only did I get a throttle body spacer, I got a Mouse Pad and some RPM Outlet Decals free! Here are some pics of what came in the box and as you scroll down you will see the install guide along with some pics! Enjoy!

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Installation Guide:

1. DISCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL!

2. Remove Air Intake Assembly from Throttle Body.

3. Remove the 2 electrical connectors from the Throttle Body.

4. Remove the 2 bolts and 2 hex nuts that secure the throttle body into the intake manifold

Remove the throttle body.

Remove the bottom studs that mount the throttle body to the manifold and replace with the provided 2 6mX70mm threaded studs. (Note: You May Need A Pair of Plyers or Vice Grips to remove the threaded studs, but be careful not to strip the thread with the device)

5. Align and install JET TBI Spacer onto manifold making sure the side with the partnumber engraved is facing away from the motor. Install provided gasket onto JET TBI spacer side thatt faces throttle body.

6. Reinstall factory throttle body on top of JET TBI spacer using the 2 6mX 50mm hex bolts and flat washers from the top 2 holes and the 2 6m hex nuts and wasahers on the bottom 2 studs.

7. Reinstall the 2 electrical connectors to the throttle body.

8. Reinstall intake assembly

9. Reconnect negative battery terminal

10. Start your car and enjoy!!

***CAUTION TO THOSE WITH AFTERMARKET INTAKE:***

When installing T/B Spacer with aftermarket intakes, be careful of clearance between intake arm and Coolant Resevoir. (Shown In Pics)

Installation: 30-35 Minutes

Results:

"Bang for the Buck!" Def. feel a power increase with the T/B Spacer. Took her for a 20 mile trip and noticed an increase in GAS MILEAGE as well as increase in horsepower/torque to the wheels! You may get a slight whistle which is not loud, but it def sounds cool with the car!! Def worth the money!! Very Pleased!

Also forgot to add, for those with throttle lag, this mod def increases the throttle response, just a tiny tap of the gas pedal and it goes. Def a great mod!

495 RWHP / 504 RWTQ SAE Corrected @ 11psi
Tuned By Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports
MaverickMLFD371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/05, 6:31 PM   #2
Mach 1 Member

Slight whistle - are you sure you don't have a vacuum leak? Did you dyno before and will you dyno after so we know exactly what the HP gains are?
FRPP 4.10s, Cam Covers, "Stinger" Axlebacks. S/D 60# Inj. GMS BA-2400. Autolite HT0s. Kooks L/T & O/R X-Pipe. Saleen S/C. JDM 2.87" Pulley, Auto Trans. Catch Can, Tune, Mounts, CAI, GT 500 F/P & T/B, I/C Relay Kit. SCTX2. C&L Intake. Metco F/R DSLs. Steeda Billett LCAs. BFG KDW 255/45 & 285/40 ZR18s. BMR Susp. Be Cool Radiator. Strange Shocks. Hawk HPS Pads. GT 500 STB & Brakes, Meziere H2O. PMP Line Locks. Thump RRR Tensioner. MSD 2 Step. LPW Diff. Cover. CHE Axle Brace. Canton Coolant & P/S Reservoirs, Afco GT 500 Heat Exchanger. Spal Dual H/E Fans. TCI Converter. SOS Pillar, Dash & Cup Holder Pods. Autometer Cobalt Gauges. Innovate W/B. GT 500 Clone
tmcolegr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/05, 6:32 PM   #3
Cobra R Member

Send a message via AIM to Cheese302
For the bottom threads that you have to take out, couldn't you just use the double nut method to pull them out, and not worry about damaging threads?
BOUGHT: 2007 MUSTANG GT. Interior Upgrade Package, Comfort Group, Premeir Trim Package with Red ICAP, SIRIUS, Performance White. oh and most importantly.... 5 speed, Spoiler Delete. the only way to drive

Mods: Spintech exhaust, Eject Button, 8 IN Antenna,Hurst Shifter, C&L Intake, BamaChips Power Programmer. MWAG Painted Mirror Caps. GT500 High Speed Wipers, Roush Racing Trunk Mounted Tool Kit. white interior welting,

Cheese302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/05, 6:32 PM   #4

Results:[/b]

"Bang for the Buck!" Def. feel a power increase with the T/B Spacer. Took her for a 20 mile trip and noticed an increase in GAS MILEAGE as well as increase in horsepower/torque to the wheels! You may get a slight whistle which is not loud, but it def sounds cool with the car!! Def worth the money!! Very Pleased!

[/quote]

darn you, now Ill have to go buy one. Seriously. thanks for the review, I know all of us were waiting for this. I hope that you will maybe get some dyno numbers to go with your feelings of increased power. just curious about the whistle? Is it pretty loud, or hardly noticeable? Anyway, thanks for the review and for being the test mule. Ill def add this as my next mod, along with my U/d pulleys.

Let us know bout the dyno

Current Mods: JLT CAI w/DTP 93 Octane Predator tune, MAK Performance Offroad Xpipe, BMR LCA's & Strut Tower Brace. Car Computer w/7" touchscreen, XM RADIO.

Future Mods: Steeda underdrive pulleys, Throttle Body Spacer, Hood Scoop, Lowering Springs, JBA Shorty Headers,
05mineralgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/05, 6:36 PM   #5
Team Mustang Source

Send a message via AIM to MaverickMLFD371 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickMLFD371
Quote:
Originally posted by tmcolegr@July 15, 2005, 8:34 PM
Slight whistle - are you sure you don't have a vacuum leak? Did you dyno before and will you dyno after so we know exactly what the HP gains are?

No Vacuum Leak that Im aware of, everything is bolted on nice and tight, I think since the material the T/B is made out of, as the air passes through it, it makes that sound, but it sounds awesome!

From both RPM Outlet and JET, the claim of 6-8 Horsepower and 10-14 lbs of torque.

Old 7/15/05, 6:37 PM   #6
Team Mustang Source

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheese302@July 15, 2005, 8:35 PM
For the bottom threads that you have to take out, couldn't you just use the double nut method to pull them out, and not worry about damaging threads?

I actually got a few turns with my fingers till it tightened up again, and then I took a terry towel, wrapped it around the stud and then put the grips on and turned it, NO Damage to the thread!

Old 7/15/05, 6:39 PM   #7
Team Mustang Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mineralgrey,July 15, 2005, 8:35 PM
Results:[/b]

darn you, now Ill have to go buy one. Seriously. thanks for the review, I know all of us were waiting for this. I hope that you will maybe get some dyno numbers to go with your feelings of increased power. just curious about the whistle? Is it pretty loud, or hardly noticeable? Anyway, thanks for the review and for being the test mule. Ill def add this as my next mod, along with my U/d pulleys.

Let us know bout the dyno
[/quote]

Harldy Noticeable, if you have everything turned off in the car (radio, air, windows open) then u will here it like a lil peep at full throttle for about 3 seconds, but it sounds great, almost as if I have a supercharger or someting, its sounds cool!

Old 7/15/05, 6:43 PM   #8
Bullitt Member

Very nice review. I'm all for increase in gas mileage, I drive 300 miles round trip almost every weekend
Old 7/15/05, 7:24 PM   #9
Shelby GT350 Member

Brad

RWTD 2.6 KB '05 GT
Yes it should whistle. The helical grooves in the ports make the sound as the air goes through it and get "spun". My Poweraid TB spacer in my Dakota did the same thing. However, everyone on the Dakota forum that dynoed the PowerAid spacer on a 5,2 or 5.9 R/T showed a dynoed guaranteed loss of horsepower and torque. If this TB spacer gives half what Jet and RPM says, it'll be better than the PowerAid.

I'll believe it when I see some dyno runs, I hope it's true. Thanks for the right up!
KB 2.6L @ 8psi/ 39# Inj / 90mm MAF/ BAP/ Spec Stage 3+ & AL Flywheel / Dennys DS/ Corsa AB's/ CHE Dbl Adj LCAs, Panhard & Anti Squat/ Roush Rr Springs/ MGW Shifter & Gripper/ Earl's SS Lines/ Stoptech Rotors/ Hawk HPS Pads/ 18x9/10 CT-Rs/ Nitto 555 255/45 & 305/40DR / Yellow Optima/ SOS Pod, Ultralite Gauges, DashHawk, Redline Leather boots/armrest, NR Auto AL cluster, GG Bailey mats, BSM Stripes, SS Center Fog Grille, GT500 Spoiler, MAG Mirror Inserts, GT/CS Rear Bumper, Roush Hood scoop, JVC 7" DVD head unit, etc.
Hatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/05, 8:04 PM   #10
Cobra Member

12 GT 5.0,08 X5 and had a05 GT
Quote:
Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@July 15, 2005, 6:39 PM
No Vacuum Leak that Im aware of, everything is bolted on nice and tight, I think since the material the T/B is made out of, as the air passes through it, it makes that sound, but it sounds awesome!

From both RPM Outlet and JET, the claim of 6-8 Horsepower and 10-14 lbs of torque.
dude, thats messed up you didnt come over so i can check it out!!! call me or come over!!!!!!
elvism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/05, 10:07 PM   #11
Team Mustang Source

Quote:
Originally posted by elvism@July 15, 2005, 10:07 PM
dude, thats messed up you didnt come over so i can check it out!!! call me or come over!!!!!!

I did call you bro, check your voicemail! Or Turn ur phone on at least, LOL!

Old 7/15/05, 11:03 PM   #12
Cobra Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
Dyno...Dyno...Dyno...Dyno..

Seriously though. Great write up Maverick. Probably 10 times better than the supplied documentation.

Performance mods: Let's just say it's not stock

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
hawgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/15/05, 11:26 PM   #13

Justin

2005 Mineral Grey Mustang GT, 2009 Fusion SEL AWD
Send a message via AIM to Enfynet Send a message via Yahoo to Enfynet
How much did that little donut cost you? Sounds almost too easy for a performance gain... which I'm all for. I just got my K&N in today, was going to hook the predator up to my laptop and go for a ride tomorrow and see what it tells me. You really have to find a dyno that will give you a couple pulls to have an idea how your performance is workin for ya.
Coming Soon: 4.30 gears, powerslot rotors, HT1 plugs, tires, trufiber hood, gtcs bumper,...?
Enfynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/16/05, 12:27 AM   #14
Bullitt Member

I wonder how well it would fit with the C+L... the intake is a lot more rigid, since it is cast aluminum... hmmmm

<span style=\"color:blue\">02 WRX, WRC Blue, Short throw shifter, K+N filter, Helix upipe and downpipe, Borla exhaust, Cobb AP Stage 2</span>

<span style=\"color:orange\">35, USAF C-130 FTU Instructor Navigator</span>

<span style=\"color:#FF0000\">***DEPLOYED till this summer***</span>
Herknav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/16/05, 10:09 AM   #15
Cobra Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
Just noticed this on RPMOutlet's web site in the throttle body description.

"The sound of power ... NO WHISTLE!"

Humm...guess you got the bonus plan

Performance mods: Let's just say it's not stock

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
hawgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/16/05, 12:49 PM   #16
Team Mustang Source

Quote:
Originally posted by Herknav@July 16, 2005, 2:30 AM
I wonder how well it would fit with the C+L... the intake is a lot more rigid, since it is cast aluminum... hmmmm

The C&L should have no problem, I've seen the C&L up close and it looks identical to the K&N arm except for the material its made of, it should be no problem installing with the C&L

Old 7/16/05, 12:54 PM   #17
Team Mustang Source

**UPDATE**

I only posted this in the write up only last night at around 1AM. But my dad took my car for a spin last night and took it for a spin this morning and my dad being the muscle car fanatic of over 35 years and owning some beautiful muscle cars in the past, and absolutely loves my car, he def noticed a throttle response increase. My dad notices things you wouldnt think about noticing, (unoticeable squeaks, squeals, rattles, tiny vibrations, etc., almost as if he has spiderman hearing) He told me, "from the day you bought it, up till you put that new part in last night, the throttle response on it is outstanding." And he def loves the feeling, he was wondering when he can take the car out again, LOL.

Old 7/16/05, 1:54 PM   #18

What I don't understand is, if the Tornado Fuel Saver and similair vortex creating intake gizmos does not work, then how could TBS's like this possible work?

Both supposedly add power/torque/gas mileage by creating a vortex action and increasing atomization.

When I posted a question about the Tornado, 100% of the replies said it won't work. Howver, I see a lot of people with TSBs. PEople seem to believe these work.

Can anyone explain why one is effective and the other is not? Can anyone explain why OEMs do not but these things in? Do they negatively impact emissions?
bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/16/05, 2:48 PM   #19
Mach 1 Member

2005 Mustang GT
Very nice write-up.

Performance Mods: JLT CAI, Tillman Speed 91 Street Race tune, FRCP 4.10 gears, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Bassani X-pipe, SLP Loudmouths, JET throttle body spacer

Appearance Mods: MRT quarter window louvres, painted mirrors, CDC Aggressive Chin Spoiler, clear/chrome turn signals

Currently Undergoing Major Makeover! http://67tribute.blogspot.com
ILikeBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/16/05, 7:52 PM   #20
Mach 1 Member

Northern California dyno time is about 150/Hr.....arggggg!
<span style=\'font-family:Arial\'><span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:red\'>2005 Redfire GT, Red Leather, IUP, Pioneer In-Dash DVD, RF 501bd, Steeda Springs and Pulley Kit, MMR Intake, SCT Xcal, 19x8.5 &amp; 9.5 Zenetti Stella's with Falken Azenis ST115 tires, Embroidered Headrests, Sequential Turn Signals</span></span></span>
DozerzPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/16/05, 7:52 PM