GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

GT500 throttle Body on GT

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/08, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT500 throttle Body on GT

I picked up the throttle body from Ford, I still have to get the adapter plate. Has anybody done this mod on an NA GT. If so, notice any difference? Did you need a tune? Did it help by any chance with gas mileage? lol Any input would be great. Thanks
Old 9/24/08, 04:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to Brenspeed, they say you do not need to tune for this mod. On my vehicle i did notice some better response, but as far as gas mileage mine stayed pretty much the same. Once you mod your vehicle more if you havent done so already, like LT headers,o/r pipes,cams,heads,CAI then the results will most likely vary. It depends on your setup. You can contact dave over at brenspeed as far as a tune goes. Like i said, i was told a tune was not required but then again that was a few months ago and i dont know if they changed that point of veiw towards it. Being the throttle body has a wider mouth, you will also have to purchase the rubber intake tube to connect to your CAI(make sure the tube fits your CAI). The way i look at it as is, anything that will make engine breathe better is a darn good thing.

you should be good to go, let us know how you make out with this install
best of luck
Old 9/24/08, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the response. Did you buy yours as a kit or piece it together? The only place that sells it seperatly is RPMoutlet and people think they are bad. My main hurdle is I have to modify the front shaker bracket because of the spacer so it keeps the shaker in the same spot even though the throttle body is moving out. I emailed Justin at VMP and he said some need tunes some dont. So I guess I will have to see. My current mods performance wise are JLT CAI, Xcal 2, steeda UDP's, Mac Prochamber, Pypes MM, and 4.10's.
Old 9/26/08, 04:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i bought mine as a kit from rpmoutlet. the throttle body is a ford OEM unit i believe, so if one doesnt require a tune the others shouldnt as well but i can be wrong. Depending on who you purchase from might have a different spacer and rubber intake tube. I think the only thing you have to match up is the voltage for the stock throttle body with the gt500 unit. good luck though, let me know how it works out for you
your mods should be good enough to where you will see a decent gain from it.

my performance mods are - OBX LT Headers,O/R H pipe, Steeda Axle Backs, 4.10 gears,UDP,C&l Racer CAI with Xcal 3 and a 93oct racer tune, Royal Purple lubricants everywhere from power steering to differential(great stuff), delete plates, and last but not least the gt500 throttle body. i could be missing some stuff i dont remember.

Keep the mods going buddy!