GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

DiabloSport Predator

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/05, 03:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My DiabloSport Predator arrived today. I have not yet installed a performance tune.

This is a request for information and suggestions from those of you that have already installed the DiabloSport Predator Performance tune, not to debate the best product to purchase. First let me give some background information on the vehicle application and my expectations. The vehicle has 2000 miles on it, is equipped with an automatic transmission, is a daily driver, will have a 3.73 FRPP gear set installed, and has Magnaflow AxleBack mufflers. My expectations are to be able to recalibrate the speedometer for the gear change and enhance performance. This vehicle is not taken to the strip now nor will it ever be. Having said all that, I hope to improve throttle response without encountering check engine light issues or other driveability problems.

My questions are as follows:

1) Did you install the tune yourself?
2) Which performance tune did you install – factory adjustable parameter, 87 or 93 octane?
3) Did you encounter problems saving the factory tune?
4) Did you encounter problems installing a performance tune?
5) Were any problems encountered after installing the tune – for example did the check engine light come on?
6) Has anyone installed an 87-octane tune and later upgraded to the 93-octane tune?
7) How was MPG affected?
8) Is there any advantage to permanently setting the traction control to the “off” setting via the performance tune rather than just turning traction control “off” from the dash switch? Keep in mind my wife also drives this vehicle. Could present a safety issue.
9) Has anyone with an automatic transmission experienced harsh shifting under normal driving conditions?
10) Should any adjustable parameters be changed due to the Magnaflow mufflers?
11) Did you dyno the vehicle after installing the tune?
12) Was an air meter used during the dyno test?
13) Please offer suggestions or comments that you feel could be useful

As always thanks in advance for any information I receive
Old 3/16/05, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the fella that wrote the program for Diablesport. If you want his information, just PM me and I'll give it to you. That goes for anyone!
Old 3/16/05, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

1) yes, in 15min in the shop parking lot
2) 91 octane performance tune
3) no problems at all
4) none
5) a light saying charging system failure will come on DURING the save and DURING the load, but everything is fine before and after
6) just do the 91octane and adjust parameters
7) went up bout 2mpg
8) for me having trac control on is the safety issue. i can drift, and i know how to manuever when out of control quite well. leave it on if any question tho...its just a push of a button to turn off anyways
9) i have a stick, but i have heard that shifting can be rather harsh
10) no, in the description for the tune is says "for stock or slightly modified" cars, which would include air filter, exhaust, pullies, ect, but probly not some intakes, headers and such
11) nope
12) well didn dyno it lol
13) with just gears and this tune, 0-60 time dropped to 4.8sec! no spare is only weight reduc...get 4.10s too!
Old 3/16/05, 07:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by tmcolegr@March 16, 2005, 4:06 PM
My DiabloSport Predator arrived today. I have not yet installed a performance tune.

This is a request for information and suggestions from those of you that have already installed the DiabloSport Predator Performance tune, not to debate the best product to purchase. First let me give some background information on the vehicle application and my expectations. The vehicle has 2000 miles on it, is equipped with an automatic transmission, is a daily driver, will have a 3.73 FRPP gear set installed, and has Magnaflow AxleBack mufflers. My expectations are to be able to recalibrate the speedometer for the gear change and enhance performance. This vehicle is not taken to the strip now nor will it ever be. Having said all that, I hope to improve throttle response without encountering check engine light issues or other driveability problems.

My questions are as follows:

1) Did you install the tune yourself?
2) Which performance tune did you install – factory adjustable parameter, 87 or 93 octane?
3) Did you encounter problems saving the factory tune?
4) Did you encounter problems installing a performance tune?
5) Were any problems encountered after installing the tune – for example did the check engine light come on?
6) Has anyone installed an 87-octane tune and later upgraded to the 93-octane tune?
7) How was MPG affected?
8) Is there any advantage to permanently setting the traction control to the “off” setting via the performance tune rather than just turning traction control “off” from the dash switch? Keep in mind my wife also drives this vehicle. Could present a safety issue.
9) Has anyone with an automatic transmission experienced harsh shifting under normal driving conditions?
10) Should any adjustable parameters be changed due to the Magnaflow mufflers?
11) Did you dyno the vehicle after installing the tune?
12) Was an air meter used during the dyno test?
13) Please offer suggestions or comments that you feel could be useful

As always thanks in advance for any information I receive
1)yes installed it myself, picked up 5 mph w/ off road exhaust and diablo tuner
2) installed the performance tune which is according to diablo spot the 93 octane tune
3)no problems
4)no problems
5)no problems / no check engine
6)as long as you have the tune for the octane gas that you are using or higher, you will be ok w/ no problems
7)no difference in mpg noticed
8)wish I could permanetly turn off the traction control...HATE IT!!!!! I need to find out if mine will allow that, haven't seen it on the 05 set up yet????
9)don't have an automatic
10)doubt you will need to change anything just b/c of different mufflers
11)no dyno, but 5mph at the drag strip
12)N/A
13)if you don't have a diablo tuner yet, they are definately worth the money, simplest modification possible that can give you up to 15 hp w/ a stock motor and 3mph in the 1/4 mile.
You will enjoy...I promise...I've never had to purchase a tuner for any kind of mod I've ever done before, and I own a 10 second 92GT...I wasn't a believer at first either.
Bucky