Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang > 05-09 Modifications > GT Performance Mods
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 8/12/11, 2:49 PM   #1
Bullitt Member

mark

Mustang GT
Charge motion plates questions?

What is the purpose of them. From what i have read you get more performance when you remove them. Are they for MPG's? I am debating wether or not to get them and I can decide if it's a wise buy. I have a K&N cold air intake and a SCT X3 tuner on a 2008 5-speed GT . Would i be better off with the delete plates or under drive pulleys?
DPHC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/14/11, 8:17 AM   #2
Bullitt Member

mark

Mustang GT
Welp! I guess know one knows so I found the answer myself. Now I will share it with you. "At the end of each intake runner was a new-to-Mustang feature Ford called a charge motion control valve. At low engine speeds and light loads, these specially shaped control flaps closed to speed the intake charge and induce a tumble effect in the combustion chamber. That caused the fuel to mix more thoroughly and burn more quickly and efficiently. At higher engine speeds, the charge motion control valves opened fully for maximum flow into the combustion chambers."
DPHC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/14/11, 8:19 PM   #3
Bullitt Member

Victor

Mustang GT 2008
Interesting,I think Im going for them,theyre sopost to give 10hp wich sounds good when ur at 390
Victorfriessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8/14/11, 8:19 PM