GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft

Old 9/2/05, 12:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm guessing he's a military guy Has he forgotten the people that are in Iraq? I'm sure they could use some support as well...

Anyways, I cant wait to see track results of this. I would have never thought about replacing a driveshaft but now I'm intrigued.
Old 9/2/05, 12:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by hayburner@August 31, 2005, 6:46 PM
How 'bout some gold plated headers to make you feel better?
Bye? I'm not going anywhere.
Make it stop. :bang: :bang: :bang:

The last time I looked, "Hurricance Relief" didn't belong in
"S197 GT Tech & Performance"
Old 9/2/05, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by hayburner@September 2, 2005, 10:39 AM
A few posts ago ,I invited the "truly self-absorbed to flame away".
And you have stepped up. Almost everybody who owns a Mustang is a U.S. citizen and earns a wage...the very same kind of person who will contribute to help. Some of you guys probably will too. Interestingly,I've been told to 'get over myself'. This thread is all about something somebody wants. Does anybody NEED a carbon fiber driveshaft??? No , you WANT one. That line gets pretty fuzzy sometimes doesn't it? Getting one of these things is about yourself...can you get over that?

I've never once told anybody what to buy, contribute or do. Read 'em again guys....I've asked you to think. The defensive reponses are generally from people who are so into their car( a personal item) that they are offended somebody would ASK them to think about something else. Thanks for the insight , guys. Gotta go to the airport.
You've taught me a lot about some fellow Mustang owners. Breathe your collective sigh of relief...I'm leaving for a few days and will not come back to this thread.I've seen enough. Truly...more important things to do.
Do you NEED a car? Do you NEED internet access? Do you NEED a house? Do you NEED a computer? Do you NEED to push your humanitarian self-righteousness on people who are trying to talk about a carbon fiber drive shaft for their car in a Mustang forum?

I don't need to get over anything, I think you need to get over the fact that people don't respond well to your attitude. I'm well aware of what I WANT and what I NEED.

Like somebody else said, their is a correct way to make a point, and suggest people help -- then there are many ways to make yourself look like a complete . I stayed quiet for a long time, but finally had to say something. I suppose I do nothing for other people, and I've never donated a dime to anything. In fact, I believe 99% of Mustang owners are completely self-absorbed, and nobody else exists . . . unless they make carbon fiber drive shafts for their car.

I suppose the bottom line is, type carefully, and have some perspective other than your own. It's not like everybody here has not had some hardships in their life. I really don't expect help from anybody else, sad but true.

I appologize, but this kind of stuff fires me up. I think this should be locked and/or deleted soon.

One last point and I'll never make another political statement here: Bring our troops home, and take care of the USA for a change.
Old 9/2/05, 04:20 PM
Cobra Member

No no no. Don't start real politics. I don't want to argue about that (because most people disagree with my political views in CA anyway).

Good post though, I completely agree and I am done in this thread.

169, I suggest you start another thread like this and tell us your progress and how its going.
Old 9/2/05, 04:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So which Mod/Admin feels eager enough to delete all the Non-carbon fiber-driveshaft posts in this thread? I guarantee there aren't 5 pages of posts about driveshafts.
Old 9/2/05, 04:36 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Welp I'm not gonna go through and delete all the posts I'll just shut the thread down

Stay on topic next time!