GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Bama 93 Hybrid Race tune

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/12, 11:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bama 93 Hybrid Race tune

Just received it. Probably wont run it till tomorrow since I'm hitting the track tonight. I guess it's supposed to have more ***** in the low end. I'll run it tomorrow and give a review.
Old 9/28/12, 01:29 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by muscledom
Just received it. Probably wont run it till tomorrow since I'm hitting the track tonight. I guess it's supposed to have more ***** in the low end. I'll run it tomorrow and give a review.
Muscledom,

Good luck at the track! Definitely post up how you do we'd love to follow along.

The Hybrid tune is definitely really cool. Basically it has all the aggressive characteristics of the 93 Race tune, but it keeps the low end grunt of the Street tune! I'm confident you'll really like this tune, let me know if you have any questions once you upload the file.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback!

-Dan
Old 9/28/12, 01:31 PM
Banned

Thanks man. I think I'm actually gonna run 2 passes on my current tune and 2 on the new one. I'm excited to see the difference.
Old 9/28/12, 09:22 PM
Banned

Track was busy. I sucked. Two bad passes (high 13s -_-). Both on my normal tune. Clutch is slipping, especially bad when power shifting 3rd. I'll retune it tomorrow...
Old 9/29/12, 07:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Muscledom,

Good luck at the track! Definitely post up how you do we'd love to follow along.

The Hybrid tune is definitely really cool. Basically it has all the aggressive characteristics of the 93 Race tune, but it keeps the low end grunt of the Street tune! I'm confident you'll really like this tune, let me know if you have any questions once you upload the file.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback!

-Dan
I would like more info on this tune. Sounds like fun.
Old 9/29/12, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yes what is this hybrid tune?? Please fill us in

EDIT: Just did a bunch of research on this tune. Seems perfect for someone who doesn't go to the track much and just likes straight crazy power from stop while driving around town. Will definitely be giving AM a call Monday to request this. I don't see anything in the order form about it.

Last edited by tu3218; 9/29/12 at 04:15 PM.
Old 9/29/12, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tu3218

EDIT: Just did a bunch of research on this tune. Seems perfect for someone who doesn't go to the track much and just likes straight crazy power from stop while driving around town. Will definitely be giving AM a call Monday to request this. I don't see anything in the order form about it.
Uploaded it today before I left work. Seems to have a little more ***** down low. Hard for me to tell though with my cams. Gonna go for another ride in a little. Well see what happens.
Old 9/29/12, 04:39 PM
Banned

I already called yesterday. Just request it in the comments section.
Old 9/29/12, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I already called yesterday. Just request it in the comments section.
Oh alright cool. Yeah keep us posted.
Old 9/29/12, 06:34 PM
Banned

Ok, second ride complete. There's definitely more low end torque, not a lot but its def noticeable. It makes the car a lot more drivable although I feel like it doesn't pull quite as hard as it did with the straight race tune.
Old 9/30/12, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, second ride complete. There's definitely more low end torque, not a lot but its def noticeable. It makes the car a lot more drivable although I feel like it doesn't pull quite as hard as it did with the straight race tune.
Thanks for the info. Seems like it's worth a shot.
Old 9/30/12, 12:23 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info. Seems like it's worth a shot.
O yea definitely. Like I said too, with the cams it makes it kinda hard to tell. I should be getting dynotuned around Xmas time so that should make a big difference.
Old 10/1/12, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

Hey Guys,

The 93 Hybrid tune is really cool. There's a few things about every tune specifically that people like. For instance people love the low end grunt of the Street tune, but above 3k RPM the Race tune is an absolute animal! So we combined the two files and made a Street/Race Hybrid tune.

This tune is perfect for everyone and the great part about ordering with Bama is this file is included in our free tunes for life program ! (As well as the Ghost Cam tune).

I hope this helps clear things up, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
Old 10/1/12, 12:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Guys,

The 93 Hybrid tune is really cool. There's a few things about every tune specifically that people like. For instance people love the low end grunt of the Street tune, but above 3k RPM the Race tune is an absolute animal! So we combined the two files and made a Street/Race Hybrid tune.

This tune is perfect for everyone and the great part about ordering with Bama is this file is included in our free tunes for life program ! (As well as the Ghost Cam tune).

I hope this helps clear things up, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
Awesome. Will be sending in my order! What is the ghost cam tune?
Old 10/1/12, 12:45 PM
Banned

They were putting it on the new 5.0s. It made the car sound like there were aftermarket cams in it. From what I hear it was burning up pistons though. Can't do it on 3vs because there is only one cam per head.
Old 10/1/12, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor

They were putting it on the new 5.0s. It made the car sound like there were aftermarket cams in it. From what I hear it was burning up pistons though. Can't do it on 3vs because there is only one cam per head.
Tu3218,

The Ghost Cam tune is a "Cam Idle" tune. We make some changes within the Variable Valve Timing table that cause the car to sound like it has a heavy cam! However we only offer this file for 11+ Mustangs with Off road mid-pipes.

Muscledom - Some people attempted to try and link the Ghost cam to the cylinder #8 issues with the Coyote Motors. However this is 100% not the case, it does not burn the pistons or anything that could damage the motor.

I hope this helps, let me know if you want me to clear some things up!

-Dan
Old 10/1/12, 02:38 PM
Banned

Muscledom - Some people attempted to try and link the Ghost cam to the cylinder #8 issues with the Coyote Motors. However this is 100% not the case, it does not burn the pistons or anything that could damage the motor.

I hope this helps, let me know if you want me to clear some things up!

-Dan
Ahhh gotcha. Didn't realize it was only on cly#8. Interesting stuff
Old 10/1/12, 02:45 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the hybrid tune available for older cars?

I'm loving my 91 race tune(hell I even picked up 4mpg!) but this hybrid tune sounds pretty cool
Old 10/1/12, 09:11 PM
GT Member

Ordered Hybrid tune today. I asked for it instead of Performance tune since I never use it. Race or street. Now it might be Hybrid or race.

Last edited by dirtfan71; 10/1/12 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10/1/12, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm definitely interested in this hybrid tune, I'm gonna pick up an off road mid here shortly and will be needing a new tune for that anyway.

Does anybody know if you can get the hybrid tune for 92 octane? 93 isn't available around here.

Quick Reply: Bama 93 Hybrid Race tune