Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

2005 Mustang GT vs. PT Cruiser GT

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/06, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freebass55
Good deal. We'll have a couple of foxes, Cobras and GT's. I'll be looking for ya.

FYI, I just got off the phone with the guy and he might have parent/teacher night at his kids school that night. So he said he would want to reschedule for the 16th. I am going to ask my buddies if they still want to go or not. I will probably go anyways to see what it's actually like. So, hopefully, see you guys there.
A bunch of us are already planning on going out on the 16th, so that'd be even better for us...

I've never been to Irwindale, only Fontana, so it'll be an interesting experience all around.
Old 11/3/06, 12:45 PM

i wish i was there...nice and warm...its f'n cold here...i hope you guys have fun no matter who wins...
Old 11/3/06, 05:44 PM

mustang guy's where i live are fine by me

WOW some mustang owners sure hate pt cruisers. i have one myself and i really like it, i never thought you could call it a ricer though. i have to say i have liked the look of the new mustang from the first day i saw it. if you do some small mods, it really looks cool. there are some local where i live in vancouver that are real eye catchers, having said that the pt cruiser can surprise people how quick they are and how fast they get with some mods. i have only made two passes down the quarter mile in mine and ran a 12.7 @ 109. weighing 3700lbs cause it is full of sterio crap. it will run in the 11's by early next year, so even if i can deliver my bottles in it to the depot, don't let it mislead you.
Old 11/3/06, 06:53 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by total sleeper
WOW some mustang owners sure hate pt cruisers. i have one myself and i really like it, i never thought you could call it a ricer though. i have to say i have liked the look of the new mustang from the first day i saw it. if you do some small mods, it really looks cool. there are some local where i live in vancouver that are real eye catchers, having said that the pt cruiser can surprise people how quick they are and how fast they get with some mods. i have only made two passes down the quarter mile in mine and ran a 12.7 @ 109. weighing 3700lbs cause it is full of sterio crap. it will run in the 11's by early next year, so even if i can deliver my bottles in it to the depot, don't let it mislead you.
How heavily modified is your car? (no pun intended)
Curious as to what it takes to get it into the 12's.
Old 11/3/06, 07:31 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After reading this page I'm thinking this thread might be linked somewhere from a PT Cruiser forum.

It's all cool guys, I'm just glad you're not driving Civic's and Eclipse's. I will say that like the Mustang, the Cruiser at least has a personality, so I understand you guys being just as passionate about your cars.

And yes, the smiley list is pretty good here... just be glad nobody busted out the :gay: smiley.

Old 11/3/06, 07:53 PM

big power soon

How heavily modified is your car? (no pun intended)
Curious as to what it takes to get it into the 12's

well my motor is bone stock, but i added a gt30 turbo, a short runner intake, coils, wires, aem, big exhaust, and ran that quarter mile. it was 367hp at the wheels. tommy from kinetic set it up safe to try without pushing it. it should have 440-460 to the wheels soon, on top of that i have nos sprayer to the intercoller, and 85 shot nos to the motor which i haven't used yet.
Old 11/3/06, 09:11 PM

http://media.putfile.com/12-second-pt

stock motor, stock turbo, small shot of nitrous, seeing peoples faces is awsome. first pt in the 12's, fastest stock turbo no spray, fastest all around pt. total invested including the new car price was 18,000 not to bad if you ask me. love the mustang have friends that race nmra have friends that did race nmra, god rest, have friends that have mustangs that run 8's. the new ones are awsome looking too. the pt guys on here are all good car guys. they just want some respect is all. we love having sleepers and don't care for people that insult the car. i know it is not your cup of tea but oh well. car guys rule and women too. have fun guy and be safe. hope you get to know some of the pt guys at the track they are nice guys.
Old 11/3/06, 10:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
PT Cruiser?:gay:
Old 11/3/06, 10:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281

Hmmm I guess tom dont like a 12 sec PT
Old 11/3/06, 10:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dave 02 gt
Hmmm I guess tom dont like a 12 sec PT
Sure it's cool that with mods they can run fast, but in my opinion they could run 10's and it still wouldn't make up for their appearance. Like it or not, that's my opinion.
Old 11/3/06, 10:21 PM

It's funny how you say brngrhd driving a PT Cruiser is gay when not only does his car make more power than your's, his 1/4 time is faster than your's.
Old 11/3/06, 10:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sure it's cool that with mods they can run fast, but in my opinion they could run 10's and it still wouldn't make up for their appearance. Like it or not, that's my opinion.
Yep you eather love them or hate them. Better a PT than a Honda
Old 11/3/06, 11:38 PM

Sure it's cool that with mods they can run fast, but in my opinion they could run 10's and it still wouldn't make up for their appearance. Like it or not, that's my opinion

at the risk you still shut down the cruiser because of it's looks, im going to send a picture of my car for your opinion.
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Mustang GT vs. PT Cruiser GT-intercooler.jpg   2005 Mustang GT vs. PT Cruiser GT-close-up-motor.jpg  
Attached Images    
Old 11/4/06, 12:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

I believe we have lost sight of the issue here. The original problem was whether or not the PT Cruiser with the listed mods would beat the Mustang GT with listed mods at the track. I agree, PT's CAN be fast, all it takes is turning up the boost on the turbos or adding NOS. The original PT did not have any of those mods listed, so I don't know why he thinks he can beat a GT.
Old 11/4/06, 12:09 AM

factory numbers to factory numbers, the mustang should and probably will win, if both drivers don't have much experience it should be interesting. the only tip i can give is don't miss a shift. i say good luck to both sides.
Old 11/4/06, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by theedge67
I believe we have lost sight of the issue here. The original problem was whether or not the PT Cruiser with the listed mods would beat the Mustang GT with listed mods at the track. I agree, PT's CAN be fast, all it takes is turning up the boost on the turbos or adding NOS. The original PT did not have any of those mods listed, so I don't know why he thinks he can beat a GT.
A PT can be really fast, especially if it's a modded Stage 1, but with the mods he told freebass55 he has, he shouldn't be able to beat freebass55's GT at all. I actually hope freebass beats him. Nothing is worst than someone who talks out his a$$ without knowing all the facts, and what his challengers car is capable of. It would have been one thing if the guy said he would love to race freebass at the track (the way it should be done) to see how his PT would do against a new Mustang GT, but talking smack .......... he has a ricer mentality.
Old 11/4/06, 06:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I can't believe how popular this thread is... SuperCharge a VW Beetle and you'll get 12 sec... Big deal!
Old 11/4/06, 06:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SuGamer
It's funny how you say brngrhd driving a PT Cruiser is gay when not only does his car make more power than your's, his 1/4 time is faster than your's.
Yep it is funny how no matter what you do, someone is still going to have more track time or more power than your car...... but they may still end up driving a car that looks like it was designed by and for a woman.

I do agree with dave 02 gt though...... better a PT than an import .
Old 11/4/06, 08:20 AM

... driving a car that looks like it was designed by and for a woman.

I may mot like the guy for jumping ship and designing the cruiser's cheap, five years too late to the segment rival, the HHR, but just to set the record straight, Bryan Nesbitt designed the pt Cruiser.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Nesbitt

As for the "designed for a woman" comment...

I needed a hatchback, wanted a turbo and would settle for mothing less than a manual transmission, design and looks were at the bottom of the list of priorities so I ended up with the cruiser.

I don't care much for its actual look but I love how unnoticed I can drive by pretty much anyone including the cops, try that in its engine sharing sibbling, the SRT-4.
Stealthy suits me just fine, thank you.
Old 11/4/06, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LiquidPT
A bunch of us are already planning on going out on the 16th, so that'd be even better for us...

I've never been to Irwindale, only Fontana, so it'll be an interesting experience all around.
Looks like we are still gonna go on te 9th. The next day is my birthday so it's my 'going out night'. I don't get too many of those anymore, with two kids under 3.

I'll see about the 16th.

Quick Reply: 2005 Mustang GT vs. PT Cruiser GT