Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Have you used "No Rinse"?

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/14, 09:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Have you used "No Rinse"?

A friend of mine loves this product - No Rinse.

I can imagine it having its uses (like washing in the garage during freezing weather.)

But I wouldn't want to wax after using it without using a clay bar first.

Anyone used this for interim washes?
Old 5/7/14, 09:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm interested in how well it works. I live at an apartment, so it's hard to wash my car as often as I need to. That seems like exactly what I need.
Old 5/7/14, 05:29 PM
Detailing Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can and does work. Most would avoid it if their ride is extremely dirty, but if it's just lightly dirty, this can be a good and effective solution for some.

I use ONR as a clay lube as well as a quick detailer when polishing cars and needing to remove polish dust.
Old 5/8/14, 08:23 AM
V6 Member

I have used the No Rinse wash (together with the Zaino All In One for waxing) and it works great. Leaves the car nice and shiny and you only use 1 1/2 lids of the No Rinse in a gallon of water. Just measure once and mark your bucket for future uses.
Old 5/8/14, 09:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I have been using this stuff for a while and I am very with the results and price.
http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-water...ncentrate.html
Old 5/15/14, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor

With more and more areas enforcing water restrictions, rinseless washes are becoming increasingly popular. A rinseless wash provides a safe, easy way to wash your car without relying on a free-flowing source of water. In most cases you only need 2-4 gallons to wash your entire car!

Here's a link to an article I wrote last August:

How To: Wash Your Car with 2 Gallons of Water – Pinnacle Style

Performing a rinseless car wash is simple. First, you’ll need a 5 gallon wash bucket with a Grit Guard Insert. This will be your wash bucket. If you don’t wash your car weekly, it would be advised to have a second 5 gallon bucket with a Grit Guard Insert as your rinse bucket. Having a dedicated rinse bucket ensures your wash solution doesn’t get contaminated with large amounts of dirt and grime. You’ll also want to have about half a dozen Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels handy. From our testing, the Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel is the perfect towel for performing a rinseless car wash. Don’t forget about a drying towel – the Cobra Waffle Weave Guzzler is tough to beat.

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba is a highly concentrated solution, so you only need to add 1 ounce of solution to 2 gallons of water. I like to use the Pro Blend Bottle Proportioner for accurate measurement.
Old 6/12/14, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I couldn't find the one y'all mentioned, but I tried Turtle Wax Rinse Free Wash & Wax. I thought it worked pretty good, and the wax is decent. This is perfect for living in an apartment, where I can't use a hose. I wish I had known about this stuff sooner.
Attached Images  
Old 7/24/14, 04:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I couldn't find the one y'all mentioned, but I tried Turtle Wax Rinse Free Wash & Wax. I thought it worked pretty good, and the wax is decent. This is perfect for living in an apartment, where I can't use a hose. I wish I had known about this stuff sooner.
ONR can be ordered from Autogeek, detailed Iamge and other online detail supply retailers.

I have been using ONR on my vehicles, if the car is really dirty, I will make up the clay lube solution of ONR and pre spray each panel, allow it to dwell and then use the standrad ONR solution.

I did an ONR wash of my Mustang Sunday morning, I took second place for my vehicle class at a Mustang show that afternoon. The judging was based on cleanliness and attention to the details. I missed first place by fractions of a point because of some water spotting on the right side shock tower in the engine compartment.
Old 7/24/14, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Plus one for ONR, very easy to use and effective.
Another product not sold by online detail dealers is Gary Deans infinite Use detail juice, I have yet to try it but have read a lot of good info about it. check him out on you tube he has a ton of videos.
Old 7/24/14, 03:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just purchased some Croftgate stuff which I believe is also a not rinse product. Anybody use both croftgate and onr? Which is better?