Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

anohter NXT vs Zaino thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/05, 06:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MustStang79@July 6, 2005, 3:01 PM
Ok, more comparisons though! More comparisons!!

1. Time involved/ease of use
2. Price difference
3. (last but definitely not least) be sure to come back and let us know which finish lasted longer!!

Oh yeah, and your cars look gorgeous!
Does it say on the product or something not to use NXT w/ vinyl? (I obviously haven't purchased any yet...) Just wondering why you said it's "not NOT not for vinyl." How long ago did this happen? Like, is it possible the "white" will fade as the wax breaks down? I hope it's not a chemical reaction or something awful. Most of all, for your sake, I hope it's not permanent!!!

Hey, Adrenalin, ever heard of anything like this happening before?
1. took the same amount of time for both products, the Meguires seemed easier on and off, Zaino was easy but NXT seemed to show up better so I knew where I applied it. I also did the same pre-treatment washing the cars with Dawn. What I liked about the NXT as well was I didnt do the best job drying the car off, so it spotted in a couple spots, the NXT took off the spots. Zaino cannot do that.
2. Zaino Z-2 is 14.95 plus the ZFX accelator is 9.95 plus 8.95 shipping
NXT was 12.99 at Target.
3. I will keep posted.

I think it boils down to personal preference as stated before, I am thrilled with the NXT results, more so than the Zaino, maybe because I wasnt expecting as much with the NXT and expected soo much out of the Zaino. I will be sticking with the NXT.

I did use the NXT on my vinyl stripes to no ill effect, I read the bottle and saw where it stated "Do not use on vinyl or rubber" so I did a test area first.
Old 7/6/05, 06:57 PM

NXT for me. I love the stuff I cant tell you how many coats I have on her now
Old 7/6/05, 07:00 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
FORK!!!!

SPOON!!!!!

FORK!!!!

SPOON!!!
Old 7/6/05, 07:02 PM

OH FORK

oops I said fork
dont say fork
Old 7/6/05, 07:04 PM
Cobra Member

spork!!
Old 7/7/05, 05:31 AM
V6 Member

lethaljay posted this site on the car care forums....I thought it was a great read.....Just some more info for everyone...

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing...=4649930&page=1

Peace....
Old 7/7/05, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

For all the Black stang owners...Do you ever get that issue when you wipe away a wax or polish theres something left behind? Hard to describe really, its just like you can see where there was wax and its alittle darker in certain places. Happened to me when I waxed my black 97, now my '05
Old 7/7/05, 05:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinv-6@July 7, 2005, 11:07 AM
spork!!
That would take a while!!
Old 7/7/05, 06:58 AM
V6 Member

blk'05...I have a black 02 GT and I don't ever see that with Zaino.....I have seen it with other waxes on other black vehicles I have owned....
Old 7/7/05, 07:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MustStang79@July 6, 2005, 3:22 PM
Yikes!! Thanks for the info ponyboy66.

I was thinking of maybe going with the NXT... BUT, more importantly, I'll be vinyl striping my car. Guess my waxing options are a little more limited than I'd thought. Anyone know if any other products have similar warnings about using them on vinyl? Mother's? Zaino?
I have vinyl stripes on mine and use NXT, makes the stripes look great, I have had people think they are painted on. I don't think it will harm them.
Old 7/7/05, 07:41 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you guys not listening to me? Hello....over here

Waxing your stripes will not harm them in anyway. When the directions refer to vinyl they are not talking about stripes, stickers etc. They are talking about door mouldings, bumper trim, etc etc....not stripes. Go ahead and wax them.
Old 7/7/05, 07:44 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by Blk'05@July 7, 2005, 5:56 AM
For all the Black stang owners...Do you ever get that issue when you wipe away a wax or polish theres something left behind? Hard to describe really, its just like you can see where there was wax and its alittle darker in certain places. Happened to me when I waxed my black 97, now my '05
This happens when you apply the wax to thick. 2 things you can try. After you have removed all of the wax, if you see this (I refer to it as haze) wash your car again. It should not be as noticable. Or you can use a quick detailer. Just spray it on the area and rub it until it is dry. What you are describing probably looks like an oily haze right? I have had that happen to me a few times when I got carried away with the wax. A little goes a long way.
Old 7/7/05, 07:44 AM
FR500 Member

Well John, obviously they are, they've waxed their stripes with reckless abandon regardless of the comments not too

I was just about to post that not all vinyl is created equal... you beat me to it
Old 7/7/05, 07:47 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 7, 2005, 6:47 AM
A little goes a long way.
I use an amount about the size of a large pea on the applicator, and that will usually do half a hood for me.

Grand total of "peas" for the entire car - 12
Old 7/7/05, 07:50 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by OUPony@July 6, 2005, 5:59 PM
Okay, this may be a silly question to those in the know, but I am going to wing it anyway.

The dealer put Perma-Plate Paintguard on my car and it has an awesome shine. My question is this.....If I decide to use NXT or Zaino, will I need to remove the Perma-Plate somehow or just wax over it?

Should I even bother using another wax?

Any advice or thoughts is appreciated.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1528398
No no non no no and :nono:

If you have perma-plate it contains teflon. You cannot put wax on your car and don't go through an automatic wash that applies wax. You clearcoat will haze up. You would need to use rubbing compound on the entire car to remove the perma-plate first before you can wax it. Unfortunately you are stuck with the perma-plate for 5-7 years. I personally don't like the teflon products. If it wears down in an area (such as along the seams on the fenders/bumpers) you cannot wax those areas. You would need to get it redone.
Old 7/7/05, 07:54 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by SixtySix@July 7, 2005, 7:50 AM
I use an amount about the size of a large pea on the applicator, and that will usually do half a hood for me.

Grand total of "peas" for the entire car - 12
Wanna know a pretty cool trick. Before a car show I do this. Place a small amount ( a pinch) of corn starch powder on the applicator. Put a dab of wax on top. Wax an area of the car. Repeat the steps until you have waxed the entire car. Use quick detailer after you have removed all of the wax. The paint will have a wet look to it. Unfortunately this will only last for a few car washes but looks great for a car show, especially on darker colours.
Old 7/7/05, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinv-6@July 6, 2005, 5:34 PM
What I liked about the NXT as well was I didnt do the best job drying the car off, so it spotted in a couple spots, the NXT took off the spots. Zaino cannot do that.
In my experience it can. I live where the water is about as hard as you can imagine, and I've never had an issue with Zaino not taking off the spots if I happened to have any. Kev, I think it's great that you've found a product that you like and are happy with, the results do look great.

Thanks Qrazy for posting that link, I hadn't seen that thread. Interesting information!
Old 7/7/05, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 7, 2005, 8:44 AM
Are you guys not listening to me? Hello....over here

Waxing your stripes will not harm them in anyway. When the directions refer to vinyl they are not talking about stripes, stickers etc. They are talking about door mouldings, bumper trim, etc etc....not stripes. Go ahead and wax them.

Strange that nobody listened about your advice i did a test area first to make sure it wouldnt harm my blue stripes with the NXT.
The big test is this weekend as we are going to get lots of rain and wind so I will see how it beads up etc, and how long the NXT will last...
Old 7/7/05, 05:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'll stick with NXT. I used it onw my wife's Element yesterday and it was great. Maybe I'll try Zaino one of these days Who knows.
Old 7/7/05, 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 7, 2005, 11:47 PM
This happens when you apply the wax to thick. 2 things you can try. After you have removed all of the wax, if you see this (I refer to it as haze) wash your car again. It should not be as noticable. Or you can use a quick detailer. Just spray it on the area and rub it until it is dry. What you are describing probably looks like an oily haze right? I have had that happen to me a few times when I got carried away with the wax. A little goes a long way.
Thanks...Ill try that car show trick probably this weekend.

Quick Reply: anohter NXT vs Zaino thread