General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Multiple crashes at Mustang Week

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/14, 08:07 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
Multiple crashes at Mustang Week

Saw this posted on the LS1Tech site. YouTube Mustang crashes and luckily no one hurt. Some bad driving. http://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lou...ek-wrecks.html
Old 7/20/14, 08:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I can't believe they're allowed to do that on the road there, with all the traffic and people around. Seems like a good way to get an event cancelled pretty **** quick.

I also don't understand why folks are OK with wrecking their expensive cars by doing this when they clearly have no clue what they're doing. Is it that important to look cool in front of a bunch of people you don't know? At least take a day and learn how to do a burnout without crashing into everything...jeez.
Old 7/20/14, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Something like this happens every year. The guy with the Cobra is an idiot, he don't deserve that car. Looks like the guy with the red Mustang continues to drive away with embarrassment on his busted wheels.
Old 7/20/14, 08:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by kanine
Something like this happens every year. The guy with the Cobra is an idiot, he don't deserve that car. Looks like the guy with the red Mustang continues to drive away with embarrassment on his busted wheels.
I know, it looks like he broke more then wheel, even. There is NO way he doesn't feel that damage and know it's screwed up bad.
Old 7/20/14, 08:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Unreal. I do kinda understand wanting to show off. But you can't be a retard doing it.

I love the chick that doesn't even know how to say what car she has. Aaa-vin-ger. Lolol. And the comments on the forum are even funnier. One guy calls the red vert a coyote. Lol
Old 7/20/14, 09:40 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,677 Likes on 1,199 Posts
A bunch of idiots actually.
Why would you put people's lives at risk and their vehicles at risk? I would be pissed off.
Old 7/20/14, 11:42 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Didn't click the link, but I've been shown the clip 20 times. That's from several years ago, but people used to pull out of the show and do some showing off. The police got involved and now sit about 300 yards down the road just waiting to give out tickets every year. The organizers have continuously asked for that crap to stop, but as always some people don't care if their actions ruin it for everyone else.
Old 7/20/14, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
A bunch of idiots actually.
Why would you put people's lives at risk and their vehicles at risk? I would be pissed off.

Is showing off to get attention worth the possibility of hurting or killing someone, maybe even a innocent child? Idiots might be too kind to call them.....
Old 7/20/14, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
The guy in the red mustang "he too Old he too old"

But seriously that guy almost killed those people, idiot. It looked like an auto and he was brake standing it afraid to let go so he looks cool transitioning from burnout to a take off. Then when it was too late he let go of the gas and counter steered.

And the guy in the cobra, man he was pumping the gas pedal then he braked just when he started loosing it. I am no expert and i know accidents happen. But once i feel my rear is getting loose i ease the gas or let it go without touching the break pedal. I would love to go to the track and learn how to recover from loosing my rear completely.

Last edited by Wild5.0; 7/20/14 at 07:44 PM.
Old 7/20/14, 07:53 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the man in the red mustang jumps the curb he kills 5 or 6 people...scary to watch.
Old 7/20/14, 07:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Wild5.0
The guy in the red mustang "he too Old he too old" But seriously that guy almost killed those people, idiot. It looked like an auto and he was brake standing it afraid to let go so he looks cool transitioning from burnout to a take off. Then when it was too late he let go of the gas and counter steered. And the guy in the cobra, man he was pumping the gas pedal then he braked just when he started loosing it. I am no expert and i know accidents happen. But once i feel my rear is getting loose i ease the gas or let it go without touching the break pedal. I would love to go to the track and learn how to recover from loosing my rear completely.
In autoX I usually go ***** out on the last run and usually lose it. Verses when I first got her (first rwd) I broke rule number one and nailed it on a turn in 1st gear. That time I freaked, hit the brakes and countered. Which of course snapped back and spun the other way. Fortunately I stopped short of the curb and was on a closed construction site (legally).

At autox when you lose it, if you just stay light on the throttle and keep the wheel where you where originally headed, you 9/10 just slide, maybe 360. But that's it. Nothing too out of control, and definitely not tossing from one direction to the other.
Old 7/21/14, 10:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
If it continues to happen Myrtle Beach will shut the entire weekend down, and I couldn't blame them. One problem is the spectators cheer them on enticing the next driver to try harder.
Old 7/22/14, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wanted33
If it continues to happen Myrtle Beach will shut the entire weekend down, and I couldn't blame them. One problem is the spectators cheer them on enticing the next driver to try harder.
So true!

Cars & Coffee seems to have the system down a little better. Cops line the entire exit and although people will rev up, no one really breaks their tires loose at all. I'm all for getting on it and maybe doing a little slide but NOT when there are people on BOTH sides of the street.. and curbs.
Old 7/22/14, 10:07 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Yeah, I don't mind and am guilty of running up the revs a bit in a controlled manner, but there's no need for breaking traction. That's when people get hurt. I'm honestly surprised they haven't had an injury yet. They've been remarkably lucky.
Old 7/22/14, 11:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Didn't click the link, but I've been shown the clip 20 times. That's from several years ago, but people used to pull out of the show and do some showing off. The police got involved and now sit about 300 yards down the road just waiting to give out tickets every year. The organizers have continuously asked for that crap to stop, but as always some people don't care if their actions ruin it for everyone else.
this one was actually from this year.
Old 7/22/14, 12:50 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ wow... I watched the first link vid. So that guy in the black cobra got Arrested on the spot huh? That's crazy... wow...
Old 7/22/14, 01:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ wow... I watched the first link vid. So that guy in the black cobra got Arrested on the spot huh? That's crazy... wow...
yeah came across his instagram and he was apologizing and yeah he got arrested on the spot.
Old 7/22/14, 01:20 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
yeah came across his instagram and he was apologizing and yeah he got arrested on the spot.
so he wrecks his car/ruins it. Probably has to pay out for his insurance/repairs on the other people's cars... plus he loses his license/jail time?

all that for a mere few seconds of "thumbs up" from people?

Old 7/23/14, 01:03 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
I find this rather embarrassing as a Mustang owner. I've belonged to the LS1Tech site for many years and I have no comeback. I'm sure this has happened at the F-body events too.
Old 7/23/14, 02:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
I find this rather embarrassing as a Mustang owner. I've belonged to the LS1Tech site for many years and I have no comeback. I'm sure this has happened at the F-body events too.
I was on the LS1tech forums for years when I owned my Chevy engines, and I still peep over there every now and then. They've had crash videos posted every-single-year of Mustang Week down there hahah. It's like Q16 race fuel for the "Camaro vs Mustang" fire hahaha.

I'm sure as you know, it doesn't matter the car brand, if you get 2000 people with performance cars driving for an event, you're gonna have some issues. There has for a fact been F-bodies spinning out and crashes. I've seen them at events, the chevy guys are just smart enough not to post the videos :P

Quick Reply: Multiple crashes at Mustang Week