Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

How do I add photos to my posts?

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/14, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I add photos to my posts?

From someone who is relatively cyber-challenged: how do I add photos to my posts?
Thanks for any help.
Old 4/10/14, 07:40 AM
GT Member

If you are using iPhone hit the plus sign next to the send button on top.
Old 4/10/14, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Uploading from computer:

Go to the following website:
tinypic.com

Hit the Choose File button, pick the photo, then choose the size on the Resize box, where it says "Default", then click the Upload button.

Copy the Code that is boxed in red, and just paste it in the comment section as follows.

You can then hit the preview button to make sure it was there.
Old 4/10/14, 08:27 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When you click the "REPLY" button or make a new thread, near the bottom of the form is a box that says "manage attachments", click that and then you can upload an image from your computer by selecting the pic file and then click "upload", then when you post the thread or reply the pic will show up as an attachment.

OR, if you have the pic posted in an online photo album or are taking it from another online source, you can post it directly to the thread or reply by copying the pic's url, then click on the photo insertion button near the top of the thread or reply message box and paste the pic url into the popup box.

The photo insertion button is the little icon that looks like a pic of a mountain scene, up above the message box.

Is that clear as mud now?

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 4/10/14 at 08:29 AM.
Old 4/10/14, 09:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I use a free account on Photobucket.com. You can setup multiple albums for different subjects and can upload images to a specific album from your computer or Android device (phone or tablet). I suspect you can also upload from Apple devices.

Once you have an image uploaded move your mouse pointer over the image and a 'wheel' icon will appear.

Move your mouse pointer over the wheel and a menu will pop up.

Click on Get Links and a window with various links will pop up.

Click on the Direct link and the URL will be copied to your clipboard. In the message you are composing for this forum, follow the instructions in the image below.

Old 4/10/14, 10:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
I use a free account on Photobucket.com. You can setup multiple albums for different subjects and can upload images to a specific album from your computer or Android device (phone or tablet). I suspect you can also upload from Apple devices. Once you have an image uploaded move your mouse pointer over the image and a 'wheel' icon will appear. Move your mouse pointer over the wheel and a menu will pop up. Click on Get Links and a window with various links will pop up. Click on the Direct link and the URL will be copied to your clipboard. In the message you are composing for this forum, follow the instructions in the image below.
Photobucket sucks for mobile app users. It doesn't load the pics on the mobile app. Just upload the pics directly to your post!
Old 4/10/14, 10:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i use imgur.com to upload the pics.. it has editing tools too so that is plus.
Old 4/10/14, 06:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Photobucket sucks for mobile app users. It doesn't load the pics on the mobile app. Just upload the pics directly to your post!
That's odd, laserred38. I just used the mobile app on my Android tablet and both uploaded an image from the tablet and accessed one of my albums to view images that I had uploaded previously. Worked fine.

Thanks for the info on direct upload. I didn't know you could do that. That does have the advantage that if you change the location of an image you included in a post via a URL, the image disappears from the post. I assume that a direct upload would be more like a copy and paste and the image would be a permanent part of the post.
Old 4/10/14, 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's odd, laserred38. I just used the mobile app on my Android tablet and both uploaded an image from the tablet and accessed one of my albums to view images that I had uploaded previously. Worked fine. Thanks for the info on direct upload. I didn't know you could do that. That does have the advantage that if you change the location of an image you included in a post via a URL, the image disappears from the post. I assume that a direct upload would be more like a copy and paste and the image would be a permanent part of the post.
Not sure if we're both talking about the TMS mobile app, or if you're talking about the photobucket mobile app. On iOS TMS mobile app, when trying to view pics that members have linked from photobucket, the pic won't load and will instead show "connection error" at first, but if you swipe to the next pic and swipe back to the one that wouldn't load, sometimes it shows up. It's annoying. And it only happens with photobucket pics...
Old 4/10/14, 07:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Let me try.
tinypic

Attached thumbnail
Attached Thumbnails How do I add photos to my posts?-image.jpg  

Last edited by GrnT; 4/10/14 at 07:24 PM.
Old 4/10/14, 07:38 PM
Cobra Member

Not sure if we're both talking about the TMS mobile app, or if you're talking about the photobucket mobile app. On iOS TMS mobile app, when trying to view pics that members have linked from photobucket, the pic won't load and will instead show "connection error" at first, but if you swipe to the next pic and swipe back to the one that wouldn't load, sometimes it shows up. It's annoying. And it only happens with photobucket pics...
Definitely talking about the Photobucket mobile app on Android. I don't have any Apple hardware, so can't speak to that.
Old 4/10/14, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Definitely talking about the Photobucket mobile app on Android. I don't have any Apple hardware, so can't speak to that.
Thought that might be the case lol. Do pics load okay for you on TMS mobile, even if uploaded from photobucket?
Old 4/10/14, 10:38 PM
Cobra Member

Thought that might be the case lol. Do pics load okay for you on TMS mobile, even if uploaded from photobucket?
I don't have TMS mobile and can't see any entries for it in the Google Play Store. Is it strictly an app for iPhone/iPad?
Old 4/11/14, 12:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't have TMS mobile and can't see any entries for it in the Google Play Store. Is it strictly an app for iPhone/iPad?
Must be, but I thought other members with Android had it
Old 4/19/14, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Must be, but I thought other members with Android had it
Im trying to use the app, but have the same issue as you. The app is decent i guess but reeeeeeeally sucks for showing pictures... Even when they do show theyre super small. And this is terrible for trying to view the Latest PICS thread
Old 4/19/14, 08:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Im trying to use the app, but have the same issue as you. The app is decent i guess but reeeeeeeally sucks for showing pictures... Even when they do show theyre super small. And this is terrible for trying to view the Latest PICS thread
Yeah....I know lol. Try clearing the Saved Log In like Scott suggested. I did it again and it has been fine for 3 days now.
Old 4/19/14, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah....I know lol. Try clearing the Saved Log In like Scott suggested. I did it again and it has been fine for 3 days now.
Ok i tried that.. It did help with the avatars and some pics, but other pics still dont show. Like that thread i mentioned earlier, i can see the ghig roush mustang and the pic Plim posted, but i cant see the pic ajcruz1 posted about his dented door
Old 4/19/14, 08:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Ok i tried that.. It did help with the avatars and some pics, but other pics still dont show. Like that thread i mentioned earlier, i can see the ghig roush mustang and the pic Plim posted, but i cant see the pic ajcruz1 posted about his dented door
Sometimes if you swipe to the next pic, then swipe back to the one that doesn't show up, you can see it. I see the most problems with pics linked from photobucket.