General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

My new Daily Driver :D

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/12, 10:00 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Talking My new Daily Driver :D

UPDATED 4/18/2012

Well folks... I took delivery of my 2012 Acura TSX SE today. I went ahead and had them NOT perform any detailing on the vehicle, even though it was already sitting on the showroom floor with some slight marring. I just had them do a spoiler install and vacuum out the interior.

Anyways, clear bra-ing will not happen till next week, so I had a 2 hour drive back home. What did I do in the meantime? BLUE PAINTERS TAPE!!! Yes, it looked goofy, but hey, I'm not risking any permanent chip. Mike and I spent about an hour using up a whole roll of tape. But hey it worked

So moral of story is, if you don't have a clear bra, and are looking to drive somewhere, here's a temporary (and cheap - 6 bucks or so for a roll) solution for preventing chips!!! (and bugs too, mind you)

At Dealership prior to taping

After 1 hour of taping

We were so hungry, we needed RIBS...

Back home safe and sound

What the front end looked like

After it was all said and done, removing the tape only took about 15 minutes. My paint and front grille were left in pristine shape.

Can't wait to get clear-bra'd.

You know what's sad, I already put my son to work in helping me wash the car. He was the official RINSER extra-ordinaire .

What's MORE sad? I was already claying and whipping out my PC to buff out at least the hood. I just couldn't stand the micro marring already there from the dealership. ARrrrrrrrrgh. Meantime, I used PC, orange and gray pads Power and Super Finish. Then Jetseal via Red pad all around. Will buff the rest this weekend or so, prior to clear bra.

===============================

I said goodbye to our 12 year old Civic yesterday. She's been good to us, our daily driver, since she was brand new. In those 12 years, no dealer visits for any warranty or repair work. Talk about reliable. It was my wife's first new car that we bought together. There was nothing wrong with her, but she would have needed some replacements soon for brakes, tires, etc... and with our 2nd kid due in 3 weeks, we thought it was a good time to search for another reliable daily driver.

Here she was in better days...

Also in 2001, I bought my first new car. It was a time I would never forget. Independent for the first time, and finally rid of those rust bucket vehicles that would sometimes not start, I was elated to get behind the wheel of a 2001 Acura Integra. It was my first and most memorable new car. Here was a pic of her then:

Well, for our Civic replacement, I'm back in the saddle of another Acura. Today, we just purchased a 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition IMO, for daily drivers, nothing beats a Honda/Acura. We chose the TSX for it's roominess, large trunk, fwd, plush interior, great ride, great handling (for a fwd), and uber reliability.

This is also my first silver car. For a daily driver, nothing beats it, but imo, the Silver Moon color really works on this car... The chrome and gray/black accents really pop.

Marilyn (5.0) is still my love, but now she has to make room for yet another woman in my life. I'd like you all to meet Tori.

(Please forgive the pics, but these were NOT taken with my Nikon, but instead with my crappy camera phone. I don't pick her up until Wednesday next week, since I am getting ClearBra installed, along with a spoiler. I will be sure to remember to bring my Nikon for some better shots.)

Sitting on the showroom floor:

This was how many miles were on her!!! (no one drove her but us)

After they pulled it off the showroom floor for us:

Sitting in the pre-delivery bay (with the SOLD sign! ) waiting to be detailed and prepped for delivery to me on Wednesday. I can't wait!!!

I will for sure update this thread with DSLR pics of Tori once I pick her up.

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/18/12 at 10:01 PM.
Old 4/14/12, 10:03 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not really a fan of Acura's looks these days. I would have gone for a Lexus but to each their own. Glad your happy with it.
Old 4/14/12, 10:11 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Congrats.

What happened with a Jetta?

Last edited by Zastava_101; 4/14/12 at 10:12 PM.
Old 4/14/12, 10:13 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by SvT-Rich
I'm not really a fan of Acura's looks these days. I would have gone for a Lexus but to each their own. Glad your happy with it.
Yeah we test drove those too, but the steering and styling was just too bland for me. It was detached from the road....no communication to me. The TSX was much much better. Looks-wise, it's definitely pure opinion, and we happen to love the look of the TSX (not so much the TL )
Old 4/14/12, 10:15 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Synyster_Vengeance
Congrats.

What happened with a Jetta?
Thanks Synyster... We axed the idea due to its poor record of reliability. For a 3rd car maybe, but for a daily driver which I'll be getting my kids in, I need something that won't have a myriad of issues (a lot of it electrical from what I read and heard about VW) and gets great mileage to boot.
Old 4/15/12, 03:43 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Very nice, congrats

Oh, and I concur on the silver DD thing......just recently picked up my new (to me) silver e46 BMW 330i. Just gave it a wash this morning......so simple
Old 4/15/12, 07:39 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Very nice, congrats

Oh, and I concur on the silver DD thing......just recently picked up my new (to me) silver e46 BMW 330i. Just gave it a wash this morning......so simple
Thanks man. Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for a DD. Not only reliable, but easy to keep clean

Problem is tho, I will be putting less miles now on Marilyn... lol.
Old 4/15/12, 08:17 PM
Cobra R Member

The rims look a tad off, but a very nice car it is! I'd like to get a civic one day for a DD and park Regina safely in the garage.
Old 4/15/12, 10:08 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
looks great

I'd actually like to find one of those Civics like you had, my sister is in need of a car, and something that size would be great for her
Old 4/18/12, 10:03 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by cpotts13
The rims look a tad off, but a very nice car it is! I'd like to get a civic one day for a DD and park Regina safely in the garage.
Must just be angle of shot. I love the rims. They're 17's... but then again, it's a daily family car, so no need to upgrade for looks, like my 5.0

Originally Posted by StangMahn
looks great

I'd actually like to find one of those Civics like you had, my sister is in need of a car, and something that size would be great for her
Loved our civic... was good to us. 12 years... brings a tear
Old 4/18/12, 10:03 PM
I Have No Life

Updated 1st post with pics of delivery today.
Old 4/19/12, 09:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice job with the tape bud! I have used that for years when I first got my car. It works great. I recently used it when I had to pick up a dealer trade GT500 for a fellow forum member. I covered the entire front, and A-Pillars and mirrors for the 3+ hour ride home. That stuff works great.
Old 4/19/12, 09:52 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Nice job with the tape bud! I have used that for years when I first got my car. It works great. I recently used it when I had to pick up a dealer trade GT500 for a fellow forum member. I covered the entire front, and A-Pillars and mirrors for the 3+ hour ride home. That stuff works great.
Hi Jeff! Oh I've been meaning to PM you about this thread. I thought of you IMMEDIATELY. In fact, your thread about delivering that Race Red Shelby to Ecrissman was what gave me the idea for this. So it's YOU who I have to thank. The painters tape really works tho. Back in 2007, I bought a brand new altima... drove it home, BIG rock chip in hood. Permanent.

I said to myself, never again. ever. ever.

I get clear bra'd next week. Thanks again.
Old 4/19/12, 10:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Burton you just nearly gave me a heart attack.... I thought you traded the stang in lol. Congrats on the new DD, those are great cars. Good color choice too.
Old 4/19/12, 12:19 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Hytek
Burton you just nearly gave me a heart attack.... I thought you traded the stang in lol. Congrats on the new DD, those are great cars. Good color choice too.
Thanks John! Yeah, I figured people might have deduced that... lol. No, Marilyn is my queen for now. I just had to introduce another lady to compete for my attention. LOL. Tori will see her fair share amount of TLC too. I have to buff the rest of the car.

And I love the silver too... first time ever. Less maintenance for a DD. Plus uber reliable. Score. On way home, I avg'd 32mpg, with me shifting my paddle shifters. Love that. I mean at 201hp, it's no 5.0, but she has some get up and go in a luxury kindda way Marilyn is pure raw-ness.... and I love them both.

p.s. where's the pics of the koni and K's installs???

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/19/12 at 12:22 PM.