Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
Heck i like the new impala more than the SS
It looks better. IMO
Old 2/25/14, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by CCTking
I like the performance of the SS, but it just looks a little bland to me for what it is. If they styled it more like the Holden of Vauxhall equivalents id like it a lil more. Heck i like the new impala more than the SS
Also agree. And it's $7-10k too expensive for what it is.
Old 2/25/14, 09:06 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Also agree. And it's $7-10k too expensive for what it is.
Another good point. Alot of cars are seemingly overpriced these days. For example, a brand new BRZ either basic or loaded can cost as much as a used 11-12 5.0 or a brand new base model 5.0. Yea i understand its not all about power and everything and dont get me wrong, thats one fun car to drive! Can drive it spritedly and still be withon the speed limit, but theres times where ive driven it (done a couple test drives for fun and a few friends have some) and i felt i had to punch it just to go with the flow of traffic on the highway. But the balance, handling, and overall spirit of the car is just superb.

Buuuuuut for the money id rather have somethin that can handily beat (and just about outhandle) most everything else on the road. Which is why at the end of the day id rather have a 5.0.

If the brz was closer to base model v6 price, that would be a different story because i know how much engineering went into that car.

I could go on and on and in and on and.... Well you get ther picture, of seemingly overpriced cars. But in this economy and world, it wont mean a thing to the companies that actually manufacture and price these cars. Im just glad that the mustang in all trim levels as still affordable to most and offers great bang for the buck. Just look at the 13+ GT500's. What other company makes a 650+hp car for under 60k???
Old 2/28/14, 08:38 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob here pooping all over this thread-sorry. I came to my '14 GT from a 2012 Civic Si sedan. I'd wanted either a Mustang or Challenger when I bought the Si but was worried about gas, kids, etc. The Si was definitely a fun car to drive w insanely good mpg and I got mine loaded for $23k. And with an Eibach ProKit and sticky tires it was basically a go kart. SO much so that when I first test drove my Mustang, I kinda felt like I was driving my grandmother's '72 Plymouth Fury. I did the full bolt ons route and was disappointed by the return on investment and that's what made me want something newer and faster. But there are folks slapping turbos or superchargers on them now getting 3-400 hp easy and reliably. I wasn't brave enough to make that leap but... And it looks decently grown up if you don't go slapping red "H" badges all over it.
Old 3/2/14, 11:08 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bkrell
Noob here pooping all over this thread-sorry. I came to my '14 GT from a 2012 Civic Si sedan. I'd wanted either a Mustang or Challenger when I bought the Si but was worried about gas, kids, etc. The Si was definitely a fun car to drive w insanely good mpg and I got mine loaded for $23k. And with an Eibach ProKit and sticky tires it was basically a go kart. SO much so that when I first test drove my Mustang, I kinda felt like I was driving my grandmother's '72 Plymouth Fury. I did the full bolt ons route and was disappointed by the return on investment and that's what made me want something newer and faster. But there are folks slapping turbos or superchargers on them now getting 3-400 hp easy and reliably. I wasn't brave enough to make that leap but... And it looks decently grown up if you don't go slapping red "H" badges all over it.
But heres the big kicker. FWD 4 cyl. Vs RWD 8 cyl.
Old 3/2/14, 02:48 PM
GT Member

Eh, he said he couldn't have a 400 hp beast, just something w/ a little pep for daily driving. Just pointing it out.
Old 3/3/14, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
When ford comes out with a 4 door V8 RWD sedan, I'll trade my mustang in

They did ....

Find a well cared for low miles CV or Grand Marquis. Tough & dependable(my last three issued cruisers were CVPIs, I know their toughness well), easy to mod if it's your desire, cheap, comfortable, roomy, good looking still, a trunk that will shame some small PUs.

We have ours, a 2001 with under 68K miles we've owned since 2001, so we know it's history. Addcos (1.25 frt, 1.00 rear) and Bilsteins (HDs) made it a sweet driving back-roads / exit-ramp corner lover. The Air-Lifts level her out when packed for 2-3 week road trips.
I like her "miles eating" 2.76 rear axle on trips and it's 25 plus MPG highway return ..... yeah, that's OK too.

"Wife Unit" has made suggestions we maybe grab a later model? Maybe, but then this one has a lot to give. Sits under a carport under two car covers in it's off time. She's like new still.

This in early 2000s, I didn't have my 2006 CVPI yet, it had pushbar delete option I requested.

Name:  fd331641.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  18.8 KB

Here looking at La Salle Mtns in Utah from Arches NP.

Name:  MercatArchesNatlParkatLaSalMtnsacro.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  80.4 KB

Here on a pice of old Lincoln Highway in eastern Ohio, these pavers were first layed in 1912-14, and then later to widen the roadway (cars started meeting cars) with low material costs they simply spread the original bricks further apart across the roadway.
This was the first major east - west coast highway and it ran right here.

Name:  Mercury1914LincolnHighwayOhio2007.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  138.9 KB

Here she is overlooking the old "National Trails Arch Bridge" which once was the way that US Rt 66 crossed the Colorado River up to about 1947 or so. It's been saved but no longer carries motorized traffic.

Name:  ebf3b483.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  28.2 KB

Here she is in front of Number 7 at the Wig Wam Motel in Holbrook, Az. as we unpack for the night.

Name:  ebf0e873.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  21.1 KB

More miles to gobble up ahead! ......

Name:  eb06b4f3.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  13.7 KB

.... she's a great ride she is.

Last edited by tbear853; 3/3/14 at 12:31 PM.
Old 3/3/14, 01:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
They did .... Find a well cared for low miles CV or Grand Marquis. Tough & dependable(my last three issued cruisers were CVPIs, I know their toughness well), easy to mod if it's your desire, cheap, comfortable, roomy, good looking still, a trunk that will shame some small PUs. We have ours, a 2001 with under 68K miles we've owned since 2001, so we know it's history. Addcos (1.25 frt, 1.00 rear) and Bilsteins (HDs) made it a sweet driving back-roads / exit-ramp corner lover. The Air-Lifts level her out when packed for 2-3 week road trips. I like her "miles eating" 2.76 rear axle on trips and it's 25 plus MPG highway return ..... yeah, that's OK too. "Wife Unit" has made suggestions we maybe grab a later model? Maybe, but then this one has a lot to give. Sits under a carport under two car covers in it's off time. She's like new still. This in early 2000s, I didn't have my 2006 CVPI yet, it had pushbar delete option I requested. Here looking at La Salle Mtns in Utah from Arches NP. Here on a pice of old Lincoln Highway in eastern Ohio, these pavers were first layed in 1912-14, and then later to widen the roadway (cars started meeting cars) with low material costs they simply spread the original bricks further apart across the roadway. This was the first major east - west coast highway and it ran right here. Here she is overlooking the old "National Trails Arch Bridge" which once was the way that US Rt 66 crossed the Colorado River up to about 1947 or so. It's been saved but no longer carries motorized traffic. Here she is in front of Number 7 at the Wig Wam Motel in Holbrook, Az. as we unpack for the night. More miles to gobble up ahead! ...... .... she's a great ride she is.
Not my idea of a sexy ride, though.
Old 3/4/14, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
Not my idea of a sexy ride, though.

So now you want sexy?

You only desired a 4 door V8 RWD sedan before?
Old 3/5/14, 04:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only sexy 4dr rwd car out there is the Dodge Charger.
Old 3/5/14, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Chargers is sexy?

I just don't see it.

Last edited by tbear853; 3/5/14 at 08:17 PM.
Old 3/6/14, 06:54 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Has anybody said CTS-V sedan? I haven't checked to see the going rate for a used one but I know depreciation is a monster on the V Cadi making at a pretty sweet deal plus a nice family hauler.

Not sure what real world mileage is but if its anything like the GT500 respectable fuel mileage shouldn't be hard to get compared to the EPA test cycle.
Old 3/7/14, 04:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

How about a nice Matte Gray Hyundai Veloster?
Old 3/20/14, 09:11 AM
V6 Member

Subarus are always nice
Old 3/20/14, 10:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by dilabop
Subarus used to be nice
Fixed...
Old 4/17/14, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

My pick for a daily driver is a 4 door Cadillac ATS
4 banger but it's the turbo version... 6 SPD and it is really fun to drive 272 HP.
I lease it cause the residual valve is good high and brings down the payments.Monthly it's $425 and a lot of bang for the buck.
Old 4/17/14, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

My wife ha the CTS (red)
Love these cars
Attached Thumbnails Maybe Switching to a "Grown Up" Car-image-3143111199.jpg  
Old 4/19/14, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by shayner
My pick for a daily driver is a 4 door Cadillac ATS 4 banger but it's the turbo version... 6 SPD and it is really fun to drive 272 HP. I lease it cause the residual valve is good high and brings down the payments.Monthly it's $425 and a lot of bang for the buck.
$425!!!? For an ATS on lease?! Geez that's high. Sweet car though.

Last edited by typesredline; 4/19/14 at 07:41 PM.
Old 4/29/14, 11:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm married and have 3 kids. this mustang is the second coupe I've ever owned. My previous coupe was a 96 Acura Integra GSR back in the good ol' days.

I justified buying this mustang while having 3 kids ranging from 5 - 13 years old by saying "we don't need two family cars" to my wife she drives the Santa Fe and I have the mustang **hint hint **
Old 4/29/14, 07:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I'm married and have 3 kids. this mustang is the second coupe I've ever owned. My previous coupe was a 96 Acura Integra GSR back in the good ol' days. I justified buying this mustang while having 3 kids ranging from 5 - 13 years old by saying "we don't need two family cars" to my wife she drives the Santa Fe and I have the mustang **hint hint **
Holy crap man! I've had two coupes. An Acura RSX-S and the Mustang. AND my wife has a Santa Fe. Only two kids though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maybe Switching to a "Grown Up" Car