Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/07, 03:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Just thought I'd start a thread for all of us Midwest TMS'ers to have a general conversation spot. Those of you that came to our TMS meet & greet, and those of you that didn't, speak up and let's talk!

Let's hear about updates to your car, future mods, events for next year, club outings, latest gossip, love affairs/addictions with Mustangs, etc. etc. etc.
Old 10/29/07, 04:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
Just thought I'd start a thread for all of us Midwest TMS'ers to have a general conversation spot. Those of you that came to our TMS meet & greet, and those of you that didn't, speak up and let's talk!

Let's hear about updates to your car, future mods, events for next year, club outings, latest gossip, love affairs/addictions with Mustangs, etc. etc. etc.
Cool, Great idea! Heres where I'm at! 7 weeks into a set of roush rear window louver's ordered pre painted got'em 4 weeks ago they looked like they had been cleared in a sand storm... thats a exaggeration but not acceptable! returned them to be cleared again, supposed to be here this week!... Ordered CDC chin spoiler from some cats in Atlanta I've ordered some things from these guys they do good work!! Got my second set of UD pulleys, sold the first set then changed my mind and decided to install some... but I think doing this on a Auto is going to suck! Is there a thread somewhere on keeping the crank from turning.. Also got a set delete plates to install after the UD pulleys.........
Old 10/29/07, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tom,
Thanks for the thread! Good idea
Great numbers @ Brenspeed's by the way!
STD,
I just put my U/D pullies on this past weekend. Get a impact wrench! You'll probably not get the harmonic balancer bolt off w/o it. I browsed through TacoBills write up prior, it was a great help. Also, find,borrow or beg a harmonic balancer puller. That was the hardest part of my install. I used a 3 jaw puller from work, but not the best solution.
I noticed a difference after installing, nothing big, but could tell the engine revs quicker.
Delete plates will probably be my next mod, I'm gonna wait & see how Scott's install goes.
Are you putting on the rear or side window louvers?
Old 10/29/07, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Cool, Great idea! Heres where I'm at! 7 weeks into a set of roush rear window louver's ordered pre painted got'em 4 weeks ago they looked like they had been cleared in a sand storm... thats a exaggeration but not acceptable! returned them to be cleared again, supposed to be here this week!... Ordered CDC chin spoiler from some cats in Atlanta I've ordered some things from these guys they do good work!! Got my second set of UD pulleys, sold the first set then changed my mind and decided to install some... but I think doing this on a Auto is going to suck! Is there a thread somewhere on keeping the crank from turning.. Also got a set delete plates to install after the UD pulleys.........

Hi Buddy! (Scottie)

There is an access window on the drivers side of the bellhousing you need to remove and you can put a 14 mm wrench (I think) on one the the flexplate bolts that will jam up against the bellhousing when you rotate the crank. I used a boxend wrench( with a zig-zag in it) when I did it. You cannot get the harmonic balancer bolt off without locking up the flexplate. Get a cheater pipe also you skinny hippy! Your going to need it. P.S. Go to Autozone and rent the puller kit they have. That is what I did! The right tools make it easy.
Scott

Thanks Tom!!!!!!!!
Old 10/29/07, 05:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Hey Ben - here is a pic of the modified hood from Dan Brunt's car...
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-new_hood_057.jpg  
Old 10/29/07, 06:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hi Buddy! (Scottie)

There is an access window on the drivers side of the bellhousing you need to remove and you can put a 14 mm wrench (I think) on one the the flexplate bolts that will jam up against the bellhousing when you rotate the crank. I used a boxend wrench( with a zig-zag in it) when I did it. You cannot get the harmonic balancer bolt off without locking up the flexplate. Get a cheater pipe also you skinny hippy! Your going to need it. P.S. Go to Autozone and rent the puller kit they have. That is what I did! The right tools make it easy.
Scott

Thanks Tom!!!!!!!!
Thanks Scott! Thats the info I was looking for! and its spelled Hippie!! you Gorilla....... I've got a puller and a well endowed breaker bar! and skinny is just wishful thinking on my part, I weigh 200 pounds..... Hows the delete plate's coming Pop's...
Old 10/29/07, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ah, I'm loving this thread already.....
Old 10/29/07, 06:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can I stop by and say "yee haw" every once in awhile since I used to live in Indiana?
Old 10/29/07, 06:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Can I stop by and say "yee haw" every once in awhile since I used to live in Indiana?
Wow Rich! you used to be a Hoosier Daddy?....... where in Indiana did you live!
Old 10/29/07, 06:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Absofreakinglutely.... come on in & grab a drink, let's shoot the bull.
Old 10/29/07, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice start to a local thread!
Old 10/29/07, 07:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Grew up in alittle town called Remington about 35 miles northwest of Lafayette just off I-65. My wife is from Lafayette and we moved to Kalifornia in 1975 before most of you puppies were born. Love the Hoosiers and when I get back to Indiana sometime in the future I'm going to look up Tom and make him take me for a ride in his bad**s Mustang!
Old 10/29/07, 07:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Grew up in alittle town called Remington about 35 miles northwest of Lafayette just off I-65. My wife is from Lafayette and we moved to Kalifornia in 1975 before most of you puppies were born. Love the Hoosiers and when I get back to Indiana sometime in the future I'm going to look up Tom and make him take me for a ride in his bad**s Mustang!
Cool! I know where Remington is! I grew up just 60 miles from Lafayette in Danville IL, Did a year at Purdue in West Lafayette before I transfered to the University of Oregon, This puppy is was born in 1958...
Old 10/29/07, 08:21 PM
Cobra Member

Scott,
When are you installing those delete plates?
Let me know how it goes & your thoughts on them.
Old 10/30/07, 02:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
When are you installing those delete plates?
Let me know how it goes & your thoughts on them.
Larry,
I didn't plan to install the delete plates until the Thankgiving weekend. I have the plates in the trunk of the car but I do not have a tune updated for them yet. I left my tuner at Brenspeeds with Brent to update my tune but I told him not to ship my tuner back until Nov. 5th. Karen and I are going on a mini vacation stating tomorrow night thru the weekend so I didn't want my tuner laying outside for 4 or 5 days. I may just have your delete plates real soon. I got an email from Brenspeed last night that may delete plates shipped yesterday. Whoops!!! While the email says it is a set of delete plates I wonder if it is really my tuner. Hope it gets here before we leave.
Scott
Old 10/30/07, 02:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Jump in any time Brandon!! While I am the only sane one of the bunch the rest are really a great bunch of guys. We have had plenty of practice teasing each other for the last 2 years. Welcome aboard!
Scott
Old 10/30/07, 04:51 AM
Cobra Member

Scott,
Hope you & Karen have a nice time.Enjoy
So was the opinion on the delete plates that you won't loose any low-end with them? Let me know if you do in fact recieve delete plates, we'll work something out with Brent.
Larry
Old 10/30/07, 05:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Come on in man!

Wow, you pegged that one....... born in '75 here. Come by anytime for a blessed hell ride!

Old 10/30/07, 05:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Morning Every one
Old 10/30/07, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by red454
Hey Ben - here is a pic of the modified hood from Dan Brunt's car...
I like that.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread