Go Back   The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang by Model Year > 2005-2009 Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005-2009 Mustang
S197 Discussion & News

Welcome to The Mustang Source!
Welcome to The Mustang Source,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10/14/09, 11:42 AM   #1
V6 Member

2011 Mustang GT
Overly Sensitive Factory Alarm

Does anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity to the factory anti theft on a 2006 GT? It has gotten to the point where I can't arm the alarm at all anymore and I have had to resort to manually pushing down the locks when I get out of my car. If there isn't an easy way to adjust the sensitivity is there a way to disable the anti theft alarm from being turned on when I lock the car with my FOB?
Previous:
2006 Black Mustang GT, mostly stock except for Pioneer Avic D3
2000 Silver Mustang GT, FRPP 4:10, Steeda STB, Mach 1 Chin spoiler, Custom X pipe, Flowmaster 40 series
Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/09, 1:22 PM   #2
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Antigini

2007 GT/CS
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Antigini-GT/CS
I've had that same problem twice since i've had the car. Both times, I took the car to the dealer and let them fix it.
1997 Nissan 240sx rb26 606rwhp - Sold

True Street Industries, LLC
Antigini-GT/CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/09, 1:59 PM   #3
Team Mustang Source

Ed

2007 GT/CS
Send a message via AIM to GottaHaveIt Send a message via MSN to GottaHaveIt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
Does anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity to the factory anti theft on a 2006 GT? It has gotten to the point where I can't arm the alarm at all anymore and I have had to resort to manually pushing down the locks when I get out of my car. If there isn't an easy way to adjust the sensitivity is there a way to disable the anti theft alarm from being turned on when I lock the car with my FOB?
it's kinda of a PITA but it's in the drivers book I could not get it but my 13 year old kid can Tik me off !
GottaHaveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/09, 3:38 PM   #4
Cobra Member

John

2005 Mustang GT
lol its crazy to say but i have had the same problem with it being sensitive and i have done nothing and just dealt with it for some time without changing anything and now its much better for some reason. not as sensitive and i havent even touched a **** thing on it.
Old 10/15/09, 5:03 AM   #5
GTR Member

C

Are you sure there's nothing crawling around in the interior?
metroplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/09, 5:06 AM   #6

Brad

'05 Mustang GT
I've got the exact opposite problem.

Had it jacked up, oil already draining out when the alarm finally went off.
TheIrishMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/09, 8:40 AM   #7
Team Mustang Source

Ed

2007 GT/CS
Send a message via AIM to GottaHaveIt Send a message via MSN to GottaHaveIt
It's funny how they behave , now having a vert , with top down and armed by Fob if you move the car the anti tow goes off and the interior only seems to go if you open the door , so I gather the motion becomes deactivated , but it I put the top up then leave a window down & a leaf blows in all hell breaks loose so to speak.
Anyone ever travelling on a ship or Ferry should do this, when you exit the car DO NOT use fob but just the key in drivers door to lock it / this wasy it disables the motion/anti-tow alarm and leaves the motion sensor or interior good , so if someone goes it it will go off.

I have seen people use thier fob have it go off and even two vert tops get slashed for the anoying horn going off, some even get keed up. So lock on a Ferry by KEY.
GottaHaveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/09, 7:11 PM   #8
Team Mustang Source

Steve

'06 Mustang GT
Send a message via MSN to theedge67
Lock the driver door by key in the lock cylinder. It will arm the doors/trunk/hood sensors, but not the motion detectors. Or you could try and reset everything by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. That may or may not help. I have found that as long as I keep my windows up, everything is fine. If I leave a window down though, even a person walking near the car can set it off.
JLT II Cold Air Intake, Amsoil Synthetic Air Filter, Tillman Speed Tunes, Bassani SS Axle Backs, Bassani X-Pipe w/cats, Ford Intake Plenum Cover, Blue "MUSTANG" door sill inserts, MGW Eject Button, J&M Lower Control Arms, Mileage Warranty Delete

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem"
theedge67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/09, 7:11 PM