2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Which one will be the most collectible?

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/05, 04:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of the Mustang's already released, what combination of options/color do you think will be the most collectible/desirable 20-25 years from now?

My opinion is the most desirable pony will be a Black 5-speed GT with the Color Accent/IUP and spoiler delete. It seems to be a popular setup for people ordering cars right now, and the car looks "right" this way.

For my second place pick I would pick the above car but with Torch Red paint instead of black. Or, the above car in Black without the CAP.....about a tie between these two IMO. I also gave some thought to Sonic blue because well, I have not seen a lot of Sonic Blue GT's yet. A total of one out of what has to be about a hundred GT's by now actually. A lot of Black, Red (both of them), Silver, and Windveil GT's, but not many Sonic Blue. Rarity has to count for something

I gave it some thought and I am not sure if having the "base" Bullits or not will make any difference in price. I also don't think it will matter much to people which stereo you opted for either as they will likely all be very outdated by then. The quirky little options like wheel locks may make a slight difference in desirability, but I doubt they will actually change the price either.

Until the vert shows it's face I think that Black GT with IUP/Color Accent and spoiler delete will be the "most desirable/expensive" Mustang 25 years down the road that is currently in production. Any other guesses?
Old 1/2/05, 04:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not just saying this because I have the combo, but I honestly believe it will be Torch Red (cmon, red mustang, who can beat that) with black interior. The red interior with Torch might be looked at as trendy and a fad, whether or not we think it so today. So I am giving it to Torch red with dark charcoal or black on black.
Old 1/2/05, 04:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Badandy@January 2, 2005, 11:45 PM
I am not just saying this because I have the combo, but I honestly believe it will be Torch Red (cmon, red mustang, who can beat that) with black interior. The red interior with Torch might be looked at as trendy and a fad, whether or not we think it so today. So I am giving it to Torch red with dark charcoal or black on black.
I actually wondered the same thing about the Torch Red outside with the CAP. It looks good now, but that is a lot of red. Will people think it still looks good 25 years rom now? I gambled on people likeing the CAP overall in any of the available colors.
Old 1/2/05, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

As far as rare/collectible Mustangs in the future. I'm going to guess any GT with with the IUP that gives you the red seats will be collectible (as you've said), I dunno about the Satin Aluminum IUP, it could be, I'm just not sure. I wanna say any V6 that's well loaded and does NOT have the Sport Appearance package, as I'm sure they'll be relatively rare, just not convinced they'd be collectible. Just for an "out-of-left-field" vote, what about a "stripped" base GT with spoiler delete in one of the more unusual colors (Legend Lime for example)?
Old 1/2/05, 04:54 PM
GT Member

Im voting for legend lime (not cuz i have one!) bcuz this will b the only year that thy will have it and it has the most nostalgic (SP?) look to it IMO!
Old 1/2/05, 04:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Q`res@January 2, 2005, 11:50 PM
Just for an "out-of-left-field" vote, what about a "stripped" base GT with spoiler delete in one of the more unusual colors (Legend Lime for example)?

Had not thought about that. However, I had thought about a leather-only GT Deluxe. That would be a rare package as most leather cars seem to be Premium pkg cars. Add spoiler delete (even thought it is no-cost) and you have a GT that is as base as base gets except for leather.

The "stripped" muscle car has awlays been a popular theme and will likely stay that way IMO. However, I think leather makes any car more desirable money-wise.
Old 1/2/05, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@January 2, 2005, 4:45 PM
I'm with Badandy...though I think you add IUP into the mix and it could up the value.

First, torch red is going away next year...so it's a one year shot.
Second, if you didn't get your IUP yet, you may not be able to ever, if the lawsuit really takes effect...more rare still.

That combo (though the IUP may come back...at least I hope so for the other guys on here still waiting for theirs) is making it a rarity within the model year, which may translate into a better value later.

Hehe...am I biased? Possibly... :scratch:

Who knows? I hope the day I die the doors fall off the thing. I'm driving mine forever!

Or better yet, my grandkids inherit it and drive the "antique" to school. Pop a Mr. Fusion in the trunk, and it'll go on banana peels and aluminum cans.
Old 1/2/05, 05:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

I’ve been to the future and most of you will be surprised but, with the air bags being offered for the first time in a Mustang, they will be a future “must have†option. Cars without will look ridiculous in 10 or 15 years and people will wonder “how could anyone back then pass up side air bags?â€. Yes it is a wonder.
Old 1/2/05, 06:03 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The red's and black will bring good money in the long run with leather and IUP.
Silver with red seats as well will do great (silver then red ,highest resale value for used cars).

legendary lime green and sonic blue this year only (might bring a good dollar for rareity )especially lime will probably be the least ordered .

Rarest combo my guess will be mineral grey with red leather seats ( I have only seen 1 post with this combo so far ).and in a GT could bring a good dollar for rarest combo in the future . B)
Old 1/2/05, 06:07 PM
GT Member

Prolly a legend lime (it's built right into the name to be a classic) GT with IUP.
Old 1/2/05, 06:15 PM
Bullitt Member

With ridiculous mods some people are putting on like Wings from outer space, some won't be worth much at all unfortunately.. Well unfortunately for them anyway .
Old 1/2/05, 06:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the odds of my 5 spd Sonic Blue GT with IUP, since this is the only year the body style will have Sonic Blue as a color, it should be a rare commodity.
Old 1/2/05, 06:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by holderca1@January 3, 2005, 1:21 AM
I like the odds of my 5 spd Sonic Blue GT with IUP, since this is the only year the body style will have Sonic Blue as a color, it should be a rare commodity.
Nice package there, I think you have a keeper.
Old 1/2/05, 06:23 PM
GT Member

Simply put: The rarest combo. (most limited as far as production numbers) will ALWAYS fetch the most money, even if they don't posess the largest market of buyers in a collectible status. Using past to predict future, the v8 models will be the most desirable. In other words, a red loaded GT will probably be extremely desirable and thus, have the largest market of buyers 35 years from now. They will sell strong, however, a Legend lime GT without ANY options and a spoiler delete might be the rarest to find and will fetch MORE money from LESS buyers, usually the sophistcated collector who wants what no one can find and will pay whatever to have it! Most of us "car-nutz" would be happy to pay $25-$30k for a 65 red 289 mustang in awesome condition, but would NOT spend $50k+ for one if it was common to find them in mint condition. The real fact is that marketing plays a role in this too. The silver GT is the poster child for the 05...people will remember that down the road which might create a DESIRE to own that particular color...which , in turn, will leave them parting with their hard-earned cash to get one....I hope But I'm biased I personally think ALL Mustangs are and will be desirable in the future no matter what....collectable is for specialty models from SVT,Shelby, and the likes, which are all essentially "custom" vehicles from well respected companies, built in small quantities!
Old 1/2/05, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Badandy@January 2, 2005, 5:45 PM
i have to agree with you on this. I think it will especially(<--spelling)be rare if the IUP is only avalible for this year.Sinse this whole lawsuit thing might cause it to be unavalible. Also this is the only year Torch is avalible on the new body style. Next year isn't it being replaced w/ colorado red or something along that name?
Old 1/2/05, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

So if you have a spoiler, count yourself out?

I have a feeling that any GT with the full IUP, complete with mycolor, is going to be the most desirable!
Old 1/2/05, 08:05 PM
FR500 Member

Rarest will prolly be the "ONE", that still has the hydro carbon trap still in it
Old 1/2/05, 08:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by wild stray@January 2, 2005, 9:08 PM
Rarest will prolly be the "ONE", that still has the hydro carbon trap still in it
Old 1/2/05, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

duhhh...whats a hydro carbon trap?
i just had to ask!
Old 1/2/05, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

whats up with the spoiler delete?!? to be honest i hate it without the spoiler...

Quick Reply: Which one will be the most collectible?