2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Installing bluetooth system to integrate with Shaker 500

Old 2/12/11, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah.....no. I'm no where near dedicated enough to drill a hole through my steering wheel
The center power port will work just fine.

Thanks for the info! Really appreciate it.
Old 2/14/11, 07:01 AM

I'm looking at adding bluetooth to my 07 with Shaker 500. I really like the look of the install you did. You wouldn't have taken additional photos while doing the install would you? How long did the install take overall? I emailed Got2Be wireless to see if they had marked up install sheets for this install. It would be really great if they or you do.

I have bluetooth in my F150 I use during the winter and am not looking forward to using the stupid headset with my phone when I take my Mustang out of storage. They are pretty insane with the handsfree laws here in upstate NY.
Old 2/16/11, 06:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FYI guys on our SilverHorse Racing #05 car with Shaker 500 we ran a Motorola T605, which worked really well with the adapter harness. A little shopping around will net you some pretty good deals on this setup cost-wise. It was a complete 100% plug-n-play setup with the correct adapter harness.

On our 2010, w/o shaker, we're still working on getting it sorted out. We are once again using a Motorola, but the adapter harness was from a third party and it's not 100% correct. Been a bit busy with our other projects to get back to this, but will soon, as it would look bad if we have "Hang Up N' Drive" on the sides of the car (a non-profit we are working with / sponsoring) and us driving around on the phone...
Old 2/17/11, 10:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
FYI guys on our SilverHorse Racing #05 car with Shaker 500 we ran a Motorola T605, which worked really well with the adapter harness. A little shopping around will net you some pretty good deals on this setup cost-wise. It was a complete 100% plug-n-play setup with the correct adapter harness.

On our 2010, w/o shaker, we're still working on getting it sorted out. We are once again using a Motorola, but the adapter harness was from a third party and it's not 100% correct. Been a bit busy with our other projects to get back to this, but will soon, as it would look bad if we have "Hang Up N' Drive" on the sides of the car (a non-profit we are working with / sponsoring) and us driving around on the phone...

How/where did you mount the bluetooth control button for the T605? Looks like it's sort of an oval shape.
Old 2/17/11, 11:33 AM
Legacy Tms Member

On our 2005 it was up high between and below the center AC vents IIRC.

On the 2010 it is mounted low between the two ***** with the unused buttons ( our car does not have heated seats).

HTH.
Old 2/17/11, 11:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing

Sorry - one more question. Which adapter harness did you use on the 2005?
Old 2/17/11, 11:39 AM
Legacy Tms Member

No apologies - glad to help. Unfortunately, it was 3 years ago, and we no longer own the car, so I don't have that info available. I know we're having issues with the new harness we got, but I think it just is something simple and haven't had a chance to look into it yet.
Old 2/18/11, 09:22 AM
V6 Member

So I got my G2-1100 and my harness yesterday and spent about an hour last night hooking it up in my 2008 Mustang with the Shaker 500. I don't know if they changed something but I have more problems then just the mute wire. I'm going to work this weekend with my Ford wiring diagrams and the ones that came with the G2-1100 and rewire the harness, so far for my car it is not plug and play!!

Terry
Old 2/18/11, 11:12 AM

Hey Water Junky, can you make sure to take some good pics of what you have to do for this install? Maybe even mark up the documentation you have as well. I want to install this bluetooth in my Mustang as do a couple other friends of mine.

Also please document which harness you purchased so I can order the same ones.

Thanks,
Brent
Old 2/19/11, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Water Junkey, I tried to install the GOT2B 1100 and harness on my 2009 GT/CS with the nav unit. I agree it's more than the mute wire. I worked on the system for four hours working with wiring schematics, no luck. I will call GOT2B Monday and see what goes.
Old 2/19/11, 10:19 PM
V6 Member

Data174,

First off, nice car, it's the perfect color!!

I messed with it two different times for a couple of hours each going through the wiring diagrams. The first try I got nothing, unit was doa. I started going through each wire in the harness and found that they are expecting a keyed accessory wire in the #2 position of the main connector of the radio, there is no power there and according to my Ford wiring diagrams it was there for early builds (but it's not there on mine). So I run power to that wire and got the four outside buttons on the G2-1100 to start flashing fast and the they flash slow. The bluetooth icon in the middle never lights which if I understand the owners manual it should light when it is powered up. Right now it is all packaged up to be sent back, it sucks because I love the way it looks in the dash!!

Terry
Old 2/20/11, 12:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Water Junky,

I was never able to fire up the GOT2B. The wiring on the GOT2B acc. and 12v direct were reversed. I switched the wires and I had 12v on the input to the plug but no acc.from the main plug. My diagram shows no connection to 14 but to 15. Are you using the HFVT cable HF-FD-AMP-2. The green wire that was connected to iso from spliced to 14 which is not used is pinned to no connection on the female iso. If i'm correct they should be using 15. It's thoroughly confusing. I will contact GOT2B and HFVT on Monday.

AL

After checking the schematics #15 pin does not apply to run/acc. Apparently on our units #2 pin is not used for run/acc. Question is were are they picking up run/acc. I guess you could hard wire it to the fuse box.

Last edited by data174; 2/20/11 at 01:41 PM.
Old 2/21/11, 09:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Water Junky,

I spoke with GOT2B and HFVT today.

On the cable for the GT2B you need to switch the red/black 12V constant with the red acc/run. The acc/run wire must me wired independently to fuse box.

On the HF-FD-AMP-2 remove wire from pin#14 with red/yellow red wire so you do not feed back 12v to the radio.

I will try to make the modifications this week and let know how it works out.

AL
Old 2/21/11, 02:28 PM
V6 Member

Hey Al,

I talked to someone there today as well and he told me that the only way I was going to get it to work was to put in a separate speaker, that it would not be able to go through the car speakers. He said they were working on a system to work with the Shaker radios but that it was still going to be a while.

I'm sending mine back and buying a new radio that has bluetooth integrated in to it.

Terry
Old 2/22/11, 08:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Terry

I'm going to give it one more try. If it does not work I will probably return the GOT2B.

Al
Old 2/24/11, 12:33 PM
V6 Member

Good luck Al!

Mine is on it's way back for a refund. Now I need to figure out what radio to get.

Terry
Old 2/24/11, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Water_Junky
Good luck Al!

Mine is on it's way back for a refund. Now I need to figure out what radio to get.

Terry
I don't know how much you are looking at spending, but there are some decent double din navigation units out there with bluetooth and everything for under $500
Old 2/24/11, 09:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by G Wrecks
I don't know how much you are looking at spending, but there are some decent double din navigation units out there with bluetooth and everything for under $500
Do you have any suggestions? It's been a while since I've shopped for after market radios, don't know what brand is good or whats bad.

Terry
Old 2/24/11, 10:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

This one has navigation

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-VX400-...8610407&sr=1-4

And if you don't really care if it has nav. then I'd recommend this one

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P3...8610584&sr=1-1
Old 2/26/11, 06:31 AM

I gave up on waiting and ordered the Clarion CX501 from Crutchfield. With the required harness to adapt to the Shaker 500 the total was about $315 with free shipping. It has built in Bluetooth, ability to stream music from my Droid X over bluetooth as well as connect to my Itouch via USB. I'll upload a picture once I have it installed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing bluetooth system to integrate with Shaker 500